Question for Dev team

As an avid gamer, I'd like to know if bringing back EnB was a hobby and do you plan on making it a full time gig? or is it something that sounded challenging and once it's complete, thats it?

Most of the reason I ask, is I currently play for a few online games which id love canceling and start playing EnB full time. My only reservation is if EnB is gonna go away again (I know this can't be totally predicted), I don't want to invest alot of time playing it. However, if there is a future for EnB, I like to pay for it, or at least make a donation to the guys working on it.

Alot of people might get mad at me for even suggesting paying for a game we currently play for free, but we all know that money makes the world go around.

These questions might have been asked/answered already, if that is the case I apologize and thank you for your time!

Sadley, we can not be paid for our work on the Emulator, otherwise we face the Wrath of the "Lawyers" *Runs and hides in fear*

You can help donate to pay for the monthly Server fees.

- Marco

first off I gotta ask: Who'd get mad at you for suggesting paying for a game we can play for free? They need the donations to keep the server up and running. In fact I feel guilty playing without paying, but right now I can't work and have zero income.

As far as hobby vs. making it a full time gig, from what I understand the Devs are working on the game in their free time (ie: they get off work, come home and work on the game, with -maybe- some family time). I don't think they plan on quitting their jobs, but who am I to predict the future? How the Devs got together and figured out who did/does what, I don't know, and would be interested to find out the whole story of how they decided to start this whole project.

• 3 weeks later...

Has the paypal link been posted anywhere yet? I feel bad every time I log into the game knowing there are people taking personal time, along with the posibility of family time away to create EnB for us and not making any money. I know it's the love of the game that keeps us all here, but if there was something we could do as a gaming community, I'm sure we will.

Also, is there anything we can do a fund rasier on to help the cause? New hardware, etc?

What has been said in the past, there was some intention to offer subscription content/areas or whatnot in the future. There was a lot mentioned about servers and making money that I don’t think I care to rehash. Hopefully though, there will be a number of different servers to log into some day, run by different groups of people.

As for hardware, they were using 1&1 rentals, if they still are now.

How could that possibly be a good thing?

Dedicated role-play server

Open PvP server

Faction PvP server

Casual family oriented server (like this one)

Anything goes server (ok for foul language etc)

General game mod servers containing different content and or different rules etc

Different strokes for different folks. Otherwise you get them all on the same server trying to push for their game style which causes grief. Only dead or dieing games have just one server, and even deader if it’s an emu community game with only one server and one style of play.