Give Hacking/Multi-Hack a tweak...

Please extend the ranges of the Hacking/Biorepression skill for Terrans and make it a tad more effective.

Suggestions:

Let the effectiveness of Hacking degrade over distance (similar to the old distance penalty on Beams in live), since energy dissipates over distance.

L1 Hack should have a minimum effectiveness range of 4.5km (equivalent to missile range for most low level Terrans) and a maximum effectiveness range of 1.0km: the closer you get, the higher the chance of a successful hack landing, with a base success rate of 50% at closest range, degrading to a base of 10% at long range.

L5 "Multi-Hack" should have a should have a minimum effectiveness range of 7.5km with a 25% base success rate, and a max effectiveness range of 2.5km with a 90% base success rate on at least one system being hacked.

Adjust upward as needed to TE's if they have higher levels of Hacking, and apply accordingly to their Bio-Repression skill against organic mobs.

I have been grouping lately with some TE's with max lvl hack, and i have to say it is very effective.

I woiuld say atleast 40% of the the hacks were successfull and 50% of the time when the hack hits, it diables a weapon off the mobs.

Rare but i have seen max lvl hack, disable multiple mobs of their weapon systems.

Tested this on:

cl 56/58/60 bbw drones

cl 50/52/56 spawns in moto (both caldari and progen)

cl 60/66 progens in tarsis

I am sure it works well agsint other mobs as well. and 100% sure it works great agsint lower level mobs (sub cl 50)

IMO it looks like its working just fine as it is.... maybe increase the range a little but other than that its a decent skill as is.

Cia

• 5 weeks later...

i dont think it should be changed and leave it the way it is...in live i had a maxed out TE and for pve matters never used it only used in pvp and the range chance would make a TE have an unfair advantage when the devs here decide to put in pvp in the arena.And like Cia mentioned the higher the skill lvl the more chance it works...its just like mobs using skills at us the higher ur OL is and psi is the less chance u have a mob skill will work on u the same way it goes for a player vs a mob.

Hacking should definitely not get more range, because what would be the advantage to disable a mobs weapon, that doesnt hit you?

If we would all wish such things, why not giving beams a missilerange? lol

I think, hacking is a defensive skill, that helps, when kiting isnt working - it helps to reduce the incoming damage. I dont think, that its meant to work as a ranged debuff...

Kiters have it easy enough, really.

Greetz!

Bogota

• Upvote 1