Multiple accounts without VM.

Hi,

this is a simple guide to running more than one E&B client together without using VM or separate PC's.

1. Ensure you have the latest Net7Proxy. At the time of writing this is v1.83.
  2. Ensure you have as many Net7 game accounts as you want E&B clients to be running together.
  3. Make sure 'local-cert' is not enabled. Packet optimization is fine, if your PC and ISP can use it, it's highly recommended.
  4. Run the launcher with as usual to start the first client.
  5. When the launcher has terminated and the client is running, run the launcher again and log in with your next account.
  6. Rinse and repeat for as many clients as you want to run.

Troubleshooting:

If you get the message like this:

TCP Listener unable to bind to socket on port xxxx

Try deleting the text in the launcher's 'Local IP' box, it should solve this problem.

To stop the clients all nesting on top of each other (in windowed mode), you can right click on the client's entry on the task bar when it's active and use 'move' to move the top of the client around - you should be able to drag it over to a different monitor if you have them.

If you have managed to solve any other problems you have been having please post here - it's highly likely someone else will run into them too.

• Upvote 1

I have a problem now, to start only one client.

I can login to the game, selecting my toon, after I clicked on accept on character screen, the client stucks in the blue galaxy loading screen. Nothing happens, i waited for a half hour, but loading screen still there. Then I have to switch back to windows and open up the taskmanager to shutdown the client.

I am using just a switcher and NOT a router to connect to the inet. Its just like a cable right to the DSL modem.

Many patches before, I had a problem to start the client, after the black box pops up, i recived an error. Now this ip thing is in, it was working fine and i was able to start client and the Game ran normal. Now, after this new patch, i cannot pass the loading screen after character selection.

Can be, that this has something to do with the dial up connection iam using now, and this is causing the problem.

Running Windows XP SP3, Framenetwork is 3.5.

Machine is a single core amd 3500+ XP with 2gb ram. GFX card is a ATI 3850 512 MB Ram.

I have a problem now, to start only one client.

I can login to the game, selecting my toon, after I clicked on accept on character screen, the client stucks in the blue galaxy loading screen. Nothing happens, i waited for a half hour, but loading screen still there. Then I have to switch back to windows and open up the taskmanager to shutdown the client.

I am using just a switcher and NOT a router to connect to the inet. Its just like a cable right to the DSL modem.

Many patches before, I had a problem to start the client, after the black box pops up, i recived an error. Now this ip thing is in, it was working fine and i was able to start client and the Game ran normal. Now, after this new patch, i cannot pass the loading screen after character selection.

Can be, that this has something to do with the dial up connection iam using now, and this is causing the problem.

Running Windows XP SP3, Framenetwork is 3.5.

Machine is a single core amd 3500+ XP with 2gb ram. GFX card is a ATI 3850 512 MB Ram.

When you run the Net7 launcher, how many IP addresses are showing in the drop down menu on the right side?

When you run the Net7 launcher, how many IP addresses are showing in the drop down menu on the right side?

I always had 2 IP adresses, my own IP address, and a server ip address ( i think), when i put my own ip address in there, i can start the game, if i use the other one, the game dont start.

But

I fixed that problem. I managed it to borrow me a router from a friend and now i can start the game, on this router i only have 1! ip address, what is the router ip address.

Logged in, next on Char screen, Enter game and game is loading, and woala, my ship lands on the starbase :)

I am also was able to start a second client :blink: everything works fine now.

Good to see that you got it working. It is very strange that you'd have 2 ip addresses in the drop down menu when you're directly connected to your cable modem. This would imply that your system had identified 2 network interfaces running in your machine (whether they are real ones or not is a separate issue).

Well,

its nice to have people running multiple accounts on one system, but for me, as i am connected directly through a bridge and have two networkadapters, 1 real, 1 logical, i am not able to play the game anymore.

Sad thing, contacted Devs according this and am sure, will be fixed, but just for the record and the tracking of probs...this patch disables DSL-customers using bridges directly.

kind regards,

Bogota

edit: so it seems, that i have the same problem as trip65 has had....unluckily i have neither a friend that has a router spare, nor am i allowed to connect different hardware to my line, id lose all support if i did. well, not that that would really hold me off from using a router, but as really every other netbased application shows not the even the hint of a problem, i dont feel like buying a router...and i also dont have the cash for it, sad as it is ;)

Edited by Bogota

Well,

its nice to have people running multiple accounts on one system, but for me, as i am connected directly through a bridge and have two networkadapters, 1 real, 1 logical, i am not able to play the game anymore.

Sad thing, contacted Devs according this and am sure, will be fixed, but just for the record and the tracking of probs...this patch disables DSL-customers using bridges directly.

kind regards,

Bogota

edit: so it seems, that i have the same problem as trip65 has had....unluckily i have neither a friend that has a router spare, nor am i allowed to connect different hardware to my line, id lose all support if i did. well, not that that would really hold me off from using a router, but as really every other netbased application shows not the even the hint of a problem, i dont feel like buying a router...and i also dont have the cash for it, sad as it is ;)

The local IP setting isn't working for you anymore?

The local IP setting isn't working for you anymore?

yes, C-Del,

exactly. David managed to correct that after the first patch for multiple-account-use, but 2 days later, this last patch brought me back offline.

I think, that David can tell you much better, what the problem behind that is. I can only speculate, but that wouldnt help the cause, so i rather dont do it and leave it to you guys, that understand that materia much better ;)

kind regards,

Para

@Bogota: So if you were running just one copy would it still work? Or are you having problems only with the multi-account?

Hey Fuulish,

nope, i cant even log one char into the game anymore. In this thread there is a player "Trip65", that seems to have had the same problem that I have.

It is probably the construction of having a bridgerouter as accessgear and therfor the two networkadapters. (1 logical, 1 physical)

As I am not the techie, i can just speculate, but i think, that this IP-binding for the multiple-account-use causes fails in my type of connection.

On the other hand, my type of connection is not exotic in anyway, its more or less usual when you have a DSL-access with a bridge, using PPPoE.

It looks alike , that the patches regarding "multiple-acc-use on one system" dont take care of people using bridges instead of standalone-routers.

regards,

Para

To stop the clients all nesting on top of each other (in windowed mode), you can right click on the client's entry on the task bar when it's active and use 'move' to move the top of the client around - you should be able to drag it over to a different monitor if you have them.

This doesn't seem to work with Windows 7 -- clicking on the taskbar doesnt have the Move option and trying to click on the window bar itself gives focus to the game and can't seem to move the window ;)

This doesn't seem to work with Windows 7 -- clicking on the taskbar doesnt have the Move option and trying to click on the window bar itself gives focus to the game and can't seem to move the window ;)

NVM me ... shift-right-click gives me the option! I sux :D

NVM me ... shift-right-click gives me the option! I sux :)

I get an issue now where on one monitor I can left click but no matter what on the other monitor I can't left click or use my mouse wheel. Right click works but not left or mousewheel.

• 1 month later...
Guest Siku2

I get an issue now where on one monitor I can left click but no matter what on the other monitor I can't left click or use my mouse wheel. Right click works but not left or mousewheel.

I'm having this same issue. :(

I'm running Windows 7, when I try to do this, I get a message that E&B is already running... Do I need to duplicate the game directory or anything like that first?

• 2 months later...

Same issue here - bummer....

If anyone figures out a way around it - please post.

I'm running Windows 7, when I try to do this, I get a message that E&B is already running... Do I need to duplicate the game directory or anything like that first?

every once in awhile windows gets confused and give that message... make sure you are fully logged into one session before you start the next one... and dont be in such a rush to click through everything give the prompts a second before you click the next thing... whenever you feel you want to click somethingg, breath first then click...

do not duplicate the directory or anything else... if you can run one session then the game and launcher is working perfectly as designed...

Edited by Avani

Well, for me seems a bit more than every once in a while.

Launcher runs fine, when starts to load E&B, that is when I get a pop-up saying it is already running.

No matter how long I wait it seems, I always get that msg.

every once in awhile windows gets confused and give that message... make sure you are fully logged into one session before you start the next one... and dont be in such a rush to click through everything give the prompts a second before you click the next thing... whenever you feel you want to click somethingg, breath first then click...

do not duplicate the directory or anything else... if you can run one session then the game and launcher is working perfectly as designed...

• 3 months later...

It's probably been suggested, but just want to point out, that every time the client or net7proxy goes through an update or patch, you need to go back into your EA files, look for enb config, reconfig the client that way with window mode on. Then you can go back and dual log with out a VM. It's Like a second step to refreshing the info for the Client and Proxy. :)

It's probably been suggested, but just want to point out, that every time the client or net7proxy goes through an update or patch, you need to go back into your EA files, look for enb config, reconfig the client that way with window mode on. Then you can go back and dual log with out a VM. It's Like a second step to refreshing the info for the Client and Proxy. :)

yep that's the way the patcher works - what would be awesome would be to have a 'patch exclusion list' where files on the list aren't patched even if they've changed. This would be very useful for me too - not sure how much work it would be though ...

• 1 month later...

Hi I am having a problem with running two accounts on the same pc. I can start the sessions up ok, I can fly, fight etc ok with no problems. When I trade with one of my chars transfering made items, the character that started the trade still has the trade window open after the items are traded, it says trade completed. Whatever I try I cannot close the trade window. So I log out the character log him back in try and do a different trade and its the same. Also tried trading player made items, ores, loot, tried different number of items, makes no difference.

Any thoughts

Note am running two different accounts, on the same pc. Have tried same game folder and two different folders. followed advice from the 1st post in this thread.

Thanks

Hi I am having a problem with running two accounts on the same pc. I can start the sessions up ok, I can fly, fight etc ok with no problems. When I trade with one of my chars transfering made items, the character that started the trade still has the trade window open after the items are traded, it says trade completed. Whatever I try I cannot close the trade window. So I log out the character log him back in try and do a different trade and its the same. Also tried trading player made items, ores, loot, tried different number of items, makes no difference.

Any thoughts

Note am running two different accounts, on the same pc. Have tried same game folder and two different folders. followed advice from the 1st post in this thread.

Thanks

Two ways around this. First, hit accept, tab over and hit accept, and immediately tab back to the 1st acct. The other way is to open a trade with the account that isnt stuck, and hit cancel. Either way works.