Do you play window mode or full screen

Do you play window mode or full screen  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Primarily, do you play EnB in window mode or full screen?

• Window Mode
    • Full Screen
    • I want waffles

You can only game off the primary monitor, its a graphic card limitation. But you dont need to use a secondary monitor to run two clients you can do that on the same monitor. All you need to do is start the game up as normal, alt+tab out, and start up a second client as you did the first. Just make sure to create a second game account here.

the primary monitor only situation is annoying. specially since I just upgraded to dual 1080p widescreens. Sad to have a whole monitor over there that can't take a game window. Ah well, gives me a place to put the forums.

Btw, you're not supposed to use more than 3 toons at once. Really, I think you're not even supposed to have more than 3 accounts. Unless you're causing problems (lagging the server, doing something nefarious, etc.), it should be ok, but just a word of warning.

please whats the official policy on this? i run 2 accounts and my wife runs 1 all on 1 ip.

is it ok if i run 3 boxes when she is not on? do my 2 and her 1 make the 3 and thats it?or may we each have 3 apiece, yet not run more that 3 toons at any given time?

i understand i could just do what i want and see if problems arise but i want to go by the rules.

thanks <_<

edit: the quote is supposed to be in the box but idk how so there we are lol

Edited by Blattu

Fullscreen for me.

But I'm a newbie and I'm still enchanted by the sci-fi mood of the game.

Well, but I usually (only) play games in fullscreen.

So even if I was a pro I would play in fullscreen.

And about the clock, there's no way to make a command for time, like in Diablo "/time"?

(I'm not used to the chat commands yet. It took me some minutes to figure how to reply a private message lol)

I like fullscreen too when I'm actually playing the game, but mostly play in windowed while working on it. It makes a big difference to the atmosphere of the game.

Just make sure you use the nvidia tool to fix the aspect ratio, otherwise you'll be playing in super squish-o-vision.

Yes, having a /time to show how much time you've been playing and also a /played to show the total time played on that char too would be nice.

Well, seeing here, these commands are already there.

They were there already or you just put them there now?

The /time thing works pretty fine to me. A full time diplayed clock would not be very cool, imo... =)

Now I'll try those ship moves commands. =P

I use windowed, I didn't like the game all stretched out. It also allows me to browse teh interwebs while playing EnB.

An in-game clock sounds like a good idea, I've seen a few games use this. I worked around it by adding a custom display that plugs into the computer, sits on top of the monitor :)

Also, I'll have ice-cream & Maple syrup on my waffles thanks :D

• 6 months later...

Hey guys,

I am running windows mode. My windows resolution is 1680x1050.

In the net7config tool I can't get higher then 1600 with. (height I can change)

I want to have full with but smaller height so I can use my windows taskbar.

So now I have 1600x980 but now I have a couple of centimetres space.

Is there a way to fix that?

Cheers

interesting that someone posted things were choppy when there were more than 300 people on. I've never noticed any difference when there are a lot of people online - the server is still only running at around 2-8% processor capacity and the bandwidth usage is barely registering.

I suspect running several clients side by side is the culprit.

Have any solo players (anyone with a reasonable connection that is - I know there's one or two people out there connecting via hobby modems from Timbuktu who get dropout) experienced choppy warp when a lot of people are online? The only thing I can put it down to if you do (I've never seen it) is that a lot of packets from people doing a lot of things is causing this effect.

I think if you were to warp through 2-3 combat groups fighting mobs together you'd probably see a bit of chop, but otherwise it's probably a processor issue, the processor can't keep up with doing multiple clients.

i run just 3 clients on 1 comp fine, there is no lag or anything, and i do not notice any difference if there are 300+ online. Of course i play in windowed mode on 2 widescreens.

• Upvote 2

i run just 3 clients on 1 comp fine, there is no lag or anything, and i do not notice any difference if there are 300+ online. Of course i play in windowed mode on 2 widescreens.

Hehe read the date on what you quoted-- the comms system has come a long way since then B)

Windowed mode as the higher resolutions just make things bigger, doesn't seem to show me more of the surroundings. I have just (finally) found a resolution that doesn't stretch things up or sideways - it's 1280x960. The text is even crisp and sharp instead of being blobby, so I think I've hit on one of the game's "native" resolutions from back in the day.

I run windowed when doing trade runs and explore tours, but go full screen in combat or more active gameplay.

Windowed mode as the higher resolutions just make things bigger, doesn't seem to show me more of the surroundings. I have just (finally) found a resolution that doesn't stretch things up or sideways - it's 1280x960. The text is even crisp and sharp instead of being blobby, so I think I've hit on one of the game's "native" resolutions from back in the day.

I used to tweak the ini-files back in live to get a wider field of view. Don't know if it still works. Haven't tried.

Edited by Knix

I run windowed when doing trade runs and explore tours, but go full screen in combat or more active gameplay.

I used to tweak the ini-files back in live to get a wider field of view. Don't know if it still works. Haven't tried.

Do you remember any details? We used to tweak the view angle in games like Tribes 2 to get a wider field - it gave a bit of a fishbowl effect though.

Do you remember any details? We used to tweak the view angle in games like Tribes 2 to get a wider field - it gave a bit of a fishbowl effect though.

Sorry, couldn't find anything in the ini files or registry that indicates we can change this. Do you remember anything about what the setting or file was called or where it was?

Sorry, couldn't find anything in the ini files or registry that indicates we can change this. Do you remember anything about what the setting or file was called or where it was?

I think it was the FOV setting in the spacecam.ini file, but changing the settings in the spacecam.ini file doesn't seem to do anything. The views are still the same when you cycle through them. Is there anything else you have to do to get the client to load changed ini-settings?

• 4 weeks later...

I think it was the FOV setting in the spacecam.ini file, but changing the settings in the spacecam.ini file doesn't seem to do anything. The views are still the same when you cycle through them. Is there anything else you have to do to get the client to load changed ini-settings?

You have to restart the client, but I tried editing those values to no avail.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='MightyMike' timestamp='1295715037' post='32435']
Hey guys,

I am running windows mode. My windows resolution is 1680x1050.
In the net7config tool I can't get higher then 1600 with. (height I can change)
I want to have full with but smaller height so I can use my windows taskbar.
So now I have 1600x980 but now I have a couple of centimetres space.
Is there a way to fix that?

Cheers
[/quote]

yes, go to your nvidia control panel (in your windows control panel), click on 'adjust desktop size and position' and click 'Use Nvidia scaling with fixed-aspect-ratio'.

This will give you the highest possible resolution without pixel expansion. Unfortunately with 1600x980 you'll be getting horrendous distortion. Using the fixed aspect ratio will fix that.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1298437122' post='34943']
You have to restart the client, but I tried editing those values to no avail.
[/quote]
I think I've finally tracked down the FOV setting. It's saved individually for each character in the Data\client\output folder and the files are called something like cam-1815871424.ini.