Do you play window mode or full screen

Do you play window mode or full screen  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Primarily, do you play EnB in window mode or full screen?

• Window Mode
    • Full Screen
    • I want waffles

Assuming that most people, especially gamers have a wide screen 16:9 or 16:10 monitors and EnB does not scale properly to wide screen 16:9 (at least to my knowledge... it skews some)... I was just curious as to what mode people play in... Since people are asking for an ingame clock it made me start to think about this... as if you play in window mode there is no need for an ingame clock as you can see your computer clock...

I left it multi answer cuz I figured some people would want to pick their mode and still want waffles :(

I know I do

Edited by Avani
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Window mode but full window. 1920x1200 on a 26" wide screen isn't too bad considering EnB wasn't meant to display that way. I wish the mouse would release so I could click on the minimize box.

Waffles or pancakes work for me with lots of butter and maple syrup.

Window mode but full window. 1920x1200 on a 26" wide screen isn't too bad considering EnB wasn't meant to display that way. I wish the mouse would release so I could click on the minimize box.

Waffles or pancakes work for me with lots of butter and maple syrup.

Exactly the same here, only on a 24".

Started windowed because of the CT, but now I use it to have the ability to alt-tab my butt off.

I hate windowed mode because it opens in the top left corner of my monitor and my taskbar obscures part of it because I have my taskbar at the top of the screen.

More importantly though, I really want some waffles.

I hate windowed mode because it opens in the top left corner of my monitor and my taskbar obscures part of it because I have my taskbar at the top of the screen.

Is it a client limitation that causes it to only start in the upper left corner when in windowed mode?

Is it a client limitation that causes it to only start in the upper left corner when in windowed mode?

I think it may be a Microsoft© Windows® limitation, lol.

windowed mode... I change resolution depending on what I'm doing (800x600 for trade runs, something bigger for combat)

also have used my nVidia control panel to force anti-aliasing :D

Have heard that if you alt tab out and right click the program on the task bar then select move it will set you to be able to move the window where you want. This is just something I have heard as I have not tried it.

I fix this issue by resizing the start bar to nothing (click and drag the edge up, so you end up with a thin line of a start bar, then release), then dragging it back to normal size - this causes the game window to pop down a bit, past the start bar, so you can get to the game and drag it around to where you desire.

Its kind of hard to explain so let me know if you need more detail.

Have heard that if you alt tab out and right click the program on the task bar then select move it will set you to be able to move the window where you want. This is just something I have heard as I have not tried it.

confirmed that does work... I used to do it... but stopped cuz its a do it everytime thing and I eventually just got used to upper left corner

I play in Windowed mode, it allows me to browse or work on gm things while ingame, i also can see whose talking on Teamspeak. its easier for me this way.

waffles are almost beating out full screen... ^_^ maybe we can make a waffle mode where the screen would be round (you know eggo'ish) with a grid on it with deep pockets to hold the syrup... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think it may be a Microsoft© Windows® limitation, lol.

I'm using E&B windowed. Now when I can run 2 clients at once is even better. I'm using HotKeynet that tool is able move and resize window and even is able strip borders from window so I have nice and plain E&B windows without any Microsoft© Windows® obstacles (close button etc.).

Only one I hate about E&B and thats mouse catch (it won't allow move moouse outside E&B window, like most of 1st person shooter games). For that I have another tool, what is able instantly move mouse out of window (release it from jail) without need to alt-tab.

So I have now nice two E&B windows side by side and I'm able to switch between them without need to alt-tab.

I've been playing in full screen mode on a 24" widescreen, at the highest reso (can't remember what it is) and i haven't noticed any skewing??

That said, i'm thinking of going to windowed, because i'm sick of having to alt-tab in and out about 15 times before it actually alt-tabs

I'm using E&B windowed. Now when I can run 2 clients at once is even better. I'm using HotKeynet that tool is able move and resize window and even is able strip borders from window so I have nice and plain E&B windows without any Microsoft© Windows® obstacles (close button etc.).

Only one I hate about E&B and thats mouse catch (it won't allow move moouse outside E&B window, like most of 1st person shooter games). For that I have another tool, what is able instantly move mouse out of window (release it from jail) without need to alt-tab.

So I have now nice two E&B windows side by side and I'm able to switch between them without need to alt-tab.

That sounds awesome- I wish I could do the same but My screen is only 15" and I could not see playing on a screen 1/2 the size.. looking into getting a bigger screen soon though and would love to know what programs you use so I can download them in advance.

I play in full screen mode on the 22 inch 16:9 screen

The main reason I do this is because as the windowed mode, it does not let me drag the mouse outside the game window to click on other stuff.

Therefore you still have to alt-tab even in windowed mode; which just seems wrong.

Since I can alt-tab in full screen and get the same affect.

I have also noticed the skewing on the screen due to the larger screens of the day; but still easy enough to play and enjoy.

Keep up the great work it is good to get back in to EnB after all of these years.

Since I can alt-tab in full screen and get the same affect.

I have trouble alt-tabbing in full screen mode, i usually have to try 2-20 times before it actually goes out of EnB. This is on Windows XP.

How do you get yours to work?

I have trouble alt-tabbing in full screen mode, i usually have to try 2-20 times before it actually goes out of EnB. This is on Windows XP.

How do you get yours to work?

I am running mine on Windows Vista Home, 64 bit version.

Seems to work with the alt-tab for me; but then most of time I am just staying in the game and not alt-tabbing very much.

This interests me a lot, what is it that you use. I play EnB in windowed mode, but I am a bit sick of the need to tab out heh.

It'd help me out a lot :)

I used to do full screen until Tien opened up the dual-client mod, now I run it in windowed mode so I can have them side by side 19" screen 16:9, run them 800x600 kinda small but not too bad. If I ever run just one client I do full screen.

From what I have been hearing alt-tab seems to work better on windows 7 than on XP. Especially if you hit alt-tab then hold the alt key down, it will show thumbnails of all the open windows and you can see whats going on with your other toon without really needing to switch over.

Small side note, I just found out that you can actually run more than 2 clients at once too if your computer can handle it. I'm going to hook up the laptop to the 51" big screen in the living room and see what it looks like to have 3 or more running at once :)