Faction & Grouping

35 members have voted

1. 1. In Live, when you were in a group and killed something did the whole group get a faction change?

• Yes, when something was killed the whole group got the faction change
    • No, only the player that did the killing got the faction change
    • Sorry, don't remember or didn't play in Live

Hello, me again,

I wanted to know what all of you remembered about grouping and faction farming. From what I remember, everyone in the group had a faction change when a mob was killed. I remember when we did a RD base raid all the players with good RD faction would right before the kill drop out of the group so that they would not get neg RD faction. I could be wrong, but I do remember this being an issue in live. I just wanted to see if this was right or not. Thanks

Merlin

• Upvote 1

When doing the RD base was always the RD friendly summer JD and only time ever got faction hit was one day got bored and shto the module? ( the thing that droped the loot) which gave an insta super high neg rd faction. Never remeber having to drop group once.

When a mob would AGRO on you, used to course faction change when it died, why you would get loads of ppl who would just afk at the freya chavez spawnw hile someone was randomly nuking them usualy via Shield nova in the early days pre bunnynip, not shure if they fixed NPC agroing on you then dieing would cause faction change near the end of ENB?

When doing the RD base was always the RD friendly summer JD and only time ever got faction hit was one day got bored and shto the module? ( the thing that droped the loot) which gave an insta super high neg rd faction. Never remeber having to drop group once.

When a mob would AGRO on you, used to course faction change when it died, why you would get loads of ppl who would just afk at the freya chavez spawnw hile someone was randomly nuking them usualy via Shield nova in the early days pre bunnynip, not shure if they fixed NPC agroing on you then dieing would cause faction change near the end of ENB?

The last change to faction as i remember it was. You only got a faction change if you did dmg to a mob, or you healed/buffed the person killing the mob. In the intance of healing/buffed, it only affected the mobs attacking while the healing/debuffing was going on. The mobs had to see you heal/buff someone while they were activly attacking it.

Cia

The last change to faction as i remember it was. You only got a faction change if you did dmg to a mob, or you healed/buffed the person killing the mob. In the intance of healing/buffed, it only affected the mobs attacking while the healing/debuffing was going on. The mobs had to see you heal/buff someone while they were activly attacking it.

Cia

Yes.. this os how i remember it also.. i used to ask when pepz was faction farming to group me so i could loot.. and i didn't get any faction change, unless i did shoot at mob/s or did anything that would get me aggro.

I remember doing the RD base in live with my guild, and I definitely remember we did SOMETHING so those that didn't want to take the massive faction hit didn't have to, dunno if it was relogging before the base went down or what, but there was definitely some easy way to avoid taking the faction hit from it in live, I just can't recall.

Yes.. this os how i remember it also.. i used to ask when pepz was faction farming to group me so i could loot.. and i didn't get any faction change, unless i did shoot at mob/s or did anything that would get me aggro.

This is what I remember while I was working on faction.

When a mob would AGRO on you, used to course faction change when it died, why you would get loads of ppl who would just afk at the freya chavez spawn while someone was randomly nuking them usually via Shield nova in the early days pre bunnynip, not sure if they fixed NPC agroing on you then dying would cause faction change near the end of ENB?

Now that you mention it, i remember this. There would be hundreds of people just sitting AFK at the nav points, getting free faction. Definitely happened, i remember people complaining that too many were AFK'ing and not helping out.

Not sure about the fixing of it though.

• Downvote 2

Now that you mention it, i remember this. There would be hundreds of people just sitting AFK at the nav points, getting free faction. Definitely happened, i remember people complaining that too many were AFK'ing and not helping out.

Not sure about the fixing of it though.

Interesting! I can't remember the last time I grouped a hundred players in a combat group! :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I remember doing the RD base in live with my guild, and I definitely remember we did SOMETHING so those that didn't want to take the massive faction hit didn't have to, dunno if it was relogging before the base went down or what, but there was definitely some easy way to avoid taking the faction hit from it in live, I just can't recall.

If I remember correctly, we would all drop group right before the station went down, and someone who already had really bad rd faction would deal the killing blow

No idea about this question, never checked that.

But if I can give my 2 cents ... remove factions from the game!!! Since the day they added it, the game started to be annoying!!!

Hunting low mobs for faction is boring!

Doing jobs for faction is boring!

I see 2 solutions to this big design mistake:

- Add mission that can change faction in an efficient way, like 10/15 steps mission that give 2000 factions points

- Add mission that give temporary (one day? one week?) good faction and then the faction become bad again (apply to RD, vrix, ...). Other faction should change based on politic

Anything would be better than the way it was implemented in live!

Don't try to copy a mistake! Try to repair it.

Thanks for reading :)

• Downvote 2

when I would bring my TT to the RD base they would keep me ungrouped at the healing point so I would not take a faction hit... but I think it might was actually ranged based as well... you would only get the faction + or - if you were within xp range... but since my TT was a main that we needed for controller raids, we were not takin any chances...

At one point of the RD base camps it was just a drop group before killing blow was in to avoid faction hit, then they changed it to anyone doing dmg or healing got a hit at the moment of RD going down..so players would log out/in to not take the hit. This caused a scandal at the time because when they logged out it droped them from loot rights and the guy doing the kill blow DCed and some non-combatants swooped in and snatched the loot.

Oh the cries and hand wringing over that! They wanted the head of the guy that got it...the devs thoughts at the time was "you were on purpose defeating game intent..you take your chances." The cries and chat flames went on for weeks, so much so that they did it back to the ungroup thing for a while, but then they had problems with guild control of RD base. Same guild got the base for weeks at a time and nobody else could get at it, thats about the time they but the loot master things in so 1 person could assign loot, and they started monitoring RD base kills..they announced that any guild that "monoplized" Rd base risked suspension and possible banning for it.

If you had positive RD you were able to purchase things from the vendor there, some people was always crying for them NOT to kill the base until they got to buy stuff..this caused such a flame fest that they put the vendor portion un targetable for a bit..but then just put the vendors in BBW.

No idea about this question, never checked that.

But if I can give my 2 cents ... remove factions from the game!!! Since the day they added it, the game started to be annoying!!!

Hunting low mobs for faction is boring!

Doing jobs for faction is boring!

I see 2 solutions to this big design mistake:

- Add mission that can change faction in an efficient way, like 10/15 steps mission that give 2000 factions points

- Add mission that give temporary (one day? one week?) good faction and then the faction become bad again (apply to RD, vrix, ...). Other faction should change based on politic

Anything would be better than the way it was implemented in live!

Don't try to copy a mistake! Try to repair it.

Thanks for reading :)

Hate to say it.... but by rights we were never supposed to have access to bbw without having the proper faction. If you wanted to take part in controller raids, or farm the drones... you had to put in the time

I think we more or less got spoiled by having the gates open for so long :(;)

• Upvote 1

Hate to say it.... but by rights we were never supposed to have access to bbw without having the proper faction. If you wanted to take part in controller raids, or farm the drones... you had to put in the time

I think we more or less got spoiled by having the gates open for so long :(;)

I am pretty sure that in the long run, no one is afraid to put in the time... but time is the problem here... if I spend a month or however long it takes to get the faction and its gonna be mine forever... great... but if we have say 3 or 4 pwipes a year... and no I dont know how many there are... then think about the time then... first you have to get to L150 say 20 days played approx... then farm the rd rep... then get into bbw and then 5 minutes later pwipe and start all over?

is any other faction rep working? maybe if we got 3x rep boost we could test a few reps during an ST cycle without making that the only thing we did... so its not about spoiled... its about time... which we dont have...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

when I would bring my TT to the RD base they would keep me ungrouped at the healing point so I would not take a faction hit... but I think it might was actually ranged based as well... you would only get the faction + or - if you were within xp range... but since my TT was a main that we needed for controller raids, we were not takin any chances...

This is very FALSE...if u went in to heal no matter wot cl or at wot range u were u would draw aggro and take the max negative faction....faction change only applied like some ppl already when u got aggro not matter wot u didnt even have to be in the party just take a hit a mob and let someone else kill it and it would effect ur faction

• Downvote 1

• 6 months later...

Live RD Base: early on if you hit it and it died you got like -1k rep..so in a group that hit it (even the healer since he buffed the hitter) they would get rep hit...to defeat this everyone that didnt want a rep hit would have to log out. This caused a huge scandal because some lurking players swooped in and stole the loot (it took time to relog sometimes and the loot time would fade) OH what a cry went out on that one! Then they got the faction thing worked out..you just had to be out of the group when it died to not take rep hit...so the guy taking the rep hit would have loot rights and he didnt have to log and could assign loot (thus defeating loot ninjaing).

Rep factioning:early on was a solo affair, then they added group rep factioning (usually a progen with shield nova) but due to complains of afk rep farmers and people not watching bars go red etc. they changed it to a buff or damage thing...the other players in group had to have a hit in or be buffing group that did. This more often then not didnt function correctly. They were promising a button select thing like they did with the loot rights..but it never got in before sunset.

---------------------------------------------------

I remember sitting at the Freya Chavez spawn overnight to get free faction. For some reason, at this spawn point, you did not even have to be grouped to get 'some' faction change, only within a certain distance (like 2k). You only got a fraction of what the shooter got, like 5%, but over 3 to 5 nights, you could get into BBW.

The devs, at the time, said they discussed it and decided to not change it. Of course, 3 months later they announced 'sunset', which may be why they no longer wanted to be making those kinds of changes.

But, I do think faction is an important part of the game and not just for BBW access. It makes the game more complex and interesting especially if it affects thing like station prices and build/analyze success, depending on who owns the station.

Edited by GenghisBob