Client vs Vista

Mojave . . . Vista . . . the only thing good about it is . . . . ok I forget what that was... anyways I don't have alot of choices...

my XP machine had to move to the office. So i installed the game and the client and i am running it as admin. but get this error:

"unhandled exception has occurred in your application.If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately.

InvalidArgument=Value of '3'is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'

Parameter name: SelectedIndex

Title of this window is:LaunchNet7v1.8.9 Please if anyone knows the procedure for running this game in Vista I could use some help here

when i click continue the client window stays blank and clicking "start" says i need to assign a port

....aeseA

Mojave . . . Vista . . . the only thing good about it is . . . . ok I forget what that was... anyways I don't have alot of choices...

Yep -- you're right. There are versions of Vista that will not run this client. Tien had listed some sort of fix on the other webpage, but that is gone. Perhaps he will post it again, and you can check it out.

I really hadn't played with my computer in any depth for years, and never Vista; but my fixes are seat-of-the-pants problem solving, so I almost never remember what I did to get something working.

I have not, however, delved into Vista much. It wasn't until this last server crash that I did any fiddling at all with the Vista laptop. I have never been able to get my Vista desktop to work with this setup.