A Cia "How To" - Fishbowl Raids

(devs post your feedback on my method, you may need to make it a little harder)

Hello and thanks for reading my post.

I have been taking a number of people to the FB (unknown galaxy) and showing them how its done. Now im getting alot of /t's from people asking me how their guilds can do them sucessfully.

So here is a write up, on how to do the fishbowl for small guilds.

This method is called the "Kite/DPS" method. Basicly you use one person (or one group) to kite and hold aggro while the other group/person, just dps the mob your fighting.

For this Method you'll need atleast one person who can kite. TE/TT Perfered. Other race/classes can kite as well, but you'll need gear for that. To Kite in the FB you need atleast a 7km range with your weapons.

Kiter's Setups: (this is assuming you have no ubers and are trying to get some)

TE;

4x Zet ML/Bile ML (Plasma/Explosive)

1x Spite (Plasma/Explosive)

Supernova 8 (boost missile range)

or

Lvl9 Model Z (boost missile range)

TT;

3x Zet ML/Bile ML (Plasma/Explosive)

1x Spite (Plasma/Explosive)

Supernova 8 (boost missile range)

or

Lvl 9 Model Z (boost missile range)

DPS setup.

Whatever they can fit.

(if i run a multiple group, i take all the terrans into one group and put all the others into a group)

The critical part of this method of running the fishbowl is staging.

(quick run thru on how to use the map to help setup your engage points)

-Open Map, Turn on the X/Y/Z Axis - The Z Axis is the one you want to pay attention too as, that tells you your altitude on the map. Most mobs are at Zero (0.00) on the Z Axis, so if your on +11 on the Z axis, and your directly over a mob, the mob should be 12-10km under you.

Steps:

1) Prep Everyone - make sure they know what they are doing, and have the right gear set for the job.

2) Sort out the Loot Details. The Bosses have a short respawn timer, just a little longer than the life of the corpse. Have the loot details taken care of, so you can loot, and move out of range of the next spawn.

3) Locate the bosses you want to kill, and setup a pattern to follow. (i personally do it in this order (Master, Dark One, Xiamz-Ti, Master, Dark One, Xiamz-ti, Master, ect ect ect) For my pattern/route its, south of the gate (master), west of the gate (dark one), south west of the gate (xiamz-ti), than i fly east, and hit master again (south of the gate)

4) Park your DPS group 10-12km above the boss you want to kill.

5) Have your kiting group fly down and engage the boss. begin kiting the boss in a circle around him, and in a slightly elevating angle(the Z axis should move slowly upwards). Do not reverse kite. (Kite Group Leader, have your map Open, and watch the Z Axis. Pull the boss up to about 13-15 on the Z Axis (13-15km off 0)

6) Have your DPS group engage the Boss, once the boss hits 85% Health. This will ensure that the kiters have the aggro, and will be able to hold it for the duration of the kill.

(IMPORTANT) 6a) If you have high DPS players in your DPS group, they will have to "PULSE" their weapons in order to not gain aggro from the mob your fighting. Example: PW's shoot for 5 seconds, stop shooting for 3 seconds, shoot for 5 seconds, stop shooting for 3 seconds.

If you out dps the kiting group, the boss will turn around and unload on you.

The reason behind all this staging, is because of the tons of cl 61 destroyers that float around inside the fishbowl. Rather than risk having them add while your fighting the boss, you can pull the boss up out of their scan range, and have a controlled fight.

Using this method no one in your raid should die. I've done it hundreds of times now, without any complications.

If you have any questions or anything post here i'll try to respond. I may or maynot respond to your /t in-game about this.

Goodluck to everyone!! I'll still be in there farming master/dark one for the DG, but i am happy to take a sit and let you try them ;)

Hope this guide helps,

Cia

p.s. wtb: looted dg :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I was part of the group on Orion that was the first to complete the Fishbowl years ago. :mellow:

We used a medivac method. Each group had a TT, JD, and a JE, with 3 other DPS. Each raid tended to about 4-5 groups. The support portion of each group would situate themselves at equidistant points around the sector's center, then the warriors would hold the mobs in the middle, for the most part. JDs would provide cover for the TTs as needed.

How it worked was rather straight forward, as the DPS got incapped, a JE would sneak up to em, decloak, jumper them, and recloak. The JD would fold the recently revived DPS back to the groups field hospital, and rep him up. The DPS would then return to the fight.

Provided your field hospital groups can get rid of the occasional mob themselves, you can easily keep the entire raid alive right through to the end.

The real weak point is the JEs. If they start getting incapped, your entire medivac system begins to break down, so jumper priority is: JEs, JDs, DPS, TT.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was part of the group on Orion that was the first to complete the Fishbowl years ago. :blink:

We used a medivac method. Each group had a TT, JD, and a JE, with 3 other DPS. Each raid tended to about 4-5 groups. The support portion of each group would situate themselves at equidistant points around the sector's center, then the warriors would hold the mobs in the middle, for the most part. JDs would provide cover for the TTs as needed.

How it worked was rather straight forward, as the DPS got incapped, a JE would sneak up to em, decloak, jumper them, and recloak. The JD would fold the recently revived DPS back to the groups field hospital, and rep him up. The DPS would then return to the fight.

Provided your field hospital groups can get rid of the occasional mob themselves, you can easily keep the entire raid alive right through to the end.

The real weak point is the JEs. If they start getting incapped, your entire medivac system begins to break down, so jumper priority is: JEs, JDs, DPS, TT.

WOW!!! This brings back memories. The FB was utter chaos especially when we had a few people in there for the 1st time or 2. I usually played the JD and prided myself on my ability to fold just prior to disable. Good times and great loot!

• 7 months later...
[quote name='Ticondrius' timestamp='1279949065' post='21630']
I was part of the group on Orion that was the first to complete the Fishbowl years ago. :)

[/quote]
lol you call this medivac, i called it yoyo. But it worked, very very well.
The only problem was you needed a rather large raid force (4 groups+) to pull it off effectively. This was also the usual method used on andromeda, I was there for the majority of those.

• 1 month later...
On Pegasus, we used that 'Medivac' method as well, although we called it MASH. I was the JD in the group and loved nailing down the timing on the pulls. The strategy also helped with lag since not everyone was in the same place at once (unlike the Tada-O gate, or the Controller). I loved doing FB's...it was a well oiled machine when everyone knew their part and was good at it.

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Sfinx' timestamp='1308171304' post='42158']
On Pegasus, we used that 'Medivac' method as well, although we called it MASH. I was the JD in the group and loved nailing down the timing on the pulls. The strategy also helped with lag since not everyone was in the same place at once (unlike the Tada-O gate, or the Controller). I loved doing FB's...it was a well oiled machine when everyone knew their part and was good at it.
[/quote]
Yepp, in live you could almost do FB's without casualties if the people knew what they were doing. I liked the other raids too, though the Controller raid tended to be for those with a death wish, at least if like me, you played a TT. One group shield recharge would light up half of BBW and all drones in range would instantly aggro on the unlucky TT...