Equipment Buffs

Hi all

Bit of a noob question, i am just wondering if equipment buffs stack or not. For example, a kraken reactor has Turbo Warp (Activate), does this stack with a Road Runner (Turbo Warp Activate) or does it just use whichever is activated first?

Thanks for any help you can give ;)

(The reason i ask is i am trying to figure out the best trade setup for each level of equipment (way in advance :)))

Now I will give the more complicated version of the same answer!

Two buffs of the same type do not stack. The trick is knowing whether two buffs are 'the same type'. Just because they seem to do the same thing doesn't mean they're the same type. Equipped and activated versions are not the same type. So the RR and RR+ stack, but the RR and Kraken do not.

Riia, the only buff that looked like the normal equipped buff but counted as a different one that I knew of in live was the Bogeril Divinin' Rods. They stacked on top of a miner or a sculptor. I'm going to take it from your comment that you knew this, and it won't be practical to impliment such a minor detail for a long time.

Whilst we're on the subject, is anyone able to tell me the difference between a Roadrunner+ (L3) and a Dolphin's Tail (L3) please?

at that level none, is simply duplicit item. Diferent levels have diferent buffs. At level 3 both have same buff and same amount of buff at 100% it is +316 warp equiped.

Just want to add the fact it is the same for debuffs.

Keep in mind that the last debuff given will count.

i.e. If you use the lvl 8 basilisk to debuff chem -49 and your fellow TT decides to use his lvl 3 rada for a -29 It WILL cancel out your basilisk debuff and -29 debuff remains !

Num [WORK PUTER]

Only one debuff can be operative at a time, even if they're different debuffs? That's news to me. So does a coma cancel out a rada? It's not a deflect debuff, but it's still a debuff.

I was wondering about that as well. I know in Live I did use a Coma to blind enemies, and a Chili-Popper to debuff an enemies Impact/Plasma/Energy resistance. So only one of those things counted at any given time?

Nonsense ... All debuffs stayed on the mob. The only thing remotly similar to the above post would be that the exact same buff from different lvl devices would overwrite.

Maybe that's what the poster meant. There was also active buffs stacking such as the 4 turbo buffs in life.

The general rule was if the buff has same effect name they didn't stack. If it was the same buff but different buff name and strength they wod stack.

This is something we are working on.

Ash

Doh, did I say Rada ? :blink:

I meant thordis Lament of course !

The last debuff given will cancel out previous one if you use the same type of debuff. There...

I've noticed this the first time when a "certain" TT (numiahtt ssshhhh) was spreading his Thordis debuffs in the bowl and I saw my chem damage from my PW actually go down until I Basilisk'd them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Another, similar question, does TT navigate stack with devices/equipment that give the same effects? Ie. Mustang, Lazarus etc.

Yes it does. Used L6 Navigate on my JE in Live, plus a Laz 9 to get to the warp cap and nearly instant warp.

ID Matrix + Duct Tape used to stack as well iirc

Yeah. Generally speaking if you had 2 equip buffs, that did the same thing, but had different names, they would stack. Duct Tape had Improved Build Devices Minor, while the ID matrix had Improved Build Devices. In Live my JE used the Specialized Build Computer R9, Improved Build Reactors Minor (Equip) along with the Scientist's Data Cube, Improve Build Reactors (Equip) to improve build reactors.

The Same buff, stacking by having different names was one of the major things that the Reinforced Solar Sail had going for it. It's Reactor Renewal buff, which would stack with Recharge Reactor buffs, and it's 0.0 sig alone made it worthwhile. The other buffs just made it even better.