Constantly lagging out

Hey guys, seems that enb lags out 10-15 times per night (edit: or day) for me. Whether it be loading, or passing a nav point. I wait about 2 minutes and then close EnB because it never comes back. Anything I can do to mitigate this? I have a 10 Mbps connection here not sure what's happening. It usually said I failed to login but sometimes it does it without the net7 thing even saying that.

Edited by raw19896

the server itself seems to be running ok, so I'd suggest trying a few things:

run 'unhackme' from greatis software. There are HUGE numbers of viruses going around right now, especially if you use any social networking sites (and who doesn't these days?).

are you connected via wireless? You may want to add a directional gain antenna on your laptop/PC pointing at the router if you're a little way away from it.

run chkdsk/checkdisk, this sometimes clears up errors.

other than that, there's not much else, sometimes internet nodes are down I guess and the link to some areas is just 'bad'. I get it from time to time, but then I live in Australia, and although there's a lot of benefits to that, decent internet is not one of them. C'mon Kevin, sort it out like you said you would!!

the server itself seems to be running ok, so I'd suggest trying a few things:

run 'unhackme' from greatis software. There are HUGE numbers of viruses going around right now, especially if you use any social networking sites (and who doesn't these days?).

are you connected via wireless? You may want to add a directional gain antenna on your laptop/PC pointing at the router if you're a little way away from it.

run chkdsk/checkdisk, this sometimes clears up errors.

other than that, there's not much else, sometimes internet nodes are down I guess and the link to some areas is just 'bad'. I get it from time to time, but then I live in Australia, and although there's a lot of benefits to that, decent internet is not one of them. C'mon Kevin, sort it out like you said you would!!

Yeah I'm on a wireless connection but my other apps, AIM, etc... don't drop. I run Norton already I can run the Disk Check but it seems to be an EnB issue.

Is there anything I can do with port forwarding that would ensure packets are sent to me? What ports does EnB engage in? I haven't looked around I just figured this would be the best way to get answers fast but I can look around too.

Port forwarding will be of little use, sorry. Forwarding only helps when you have outside services trying to connect to a specific port on your computer (i.e. when you're running a server). Since your computer is the one initiating the connection, port forwarding won't help.

You could try posting your net7proxy logs and/or perform packet captures with wireshark while you're playing, but I'm not sure we'll be able to help much.

Port forwarding will be of little use, sorry. Forwarding only helps when you have outside services trying to connect to a specific port on your computer (i.e. when you're running a server). Since your computer is the one initiating the connection, port forwarding won't help.

You could try posting your net7proxy logs and/or perform packet captures with wireshark while you're playing, but I'm not sure we'll be able to help much.

I noticed something else happening. Not sure if you guys have heard of it at all or not. Typically when I lag out, my entire cable modem setup craps out. The cable modem usually never quits, but it happens abundantly when playing EnB. Any ideas here? Sorry to keep asking but I forgot to mention it and I actually thought it was the cable company at first. Is there some kind of crazy thing the server could be doing on accident that is overwhelming my cable modem? It can't be fixed except without a reset.

Edited by raw19896

Your cable modem might be on the fritz then. It sounds like you might be lagging out because of the cable modem messing up, instead of the other way around. I don't think there's anything we could send you or do to the connection that could crash your cable modem even if we tried (and we don't :().

How old is the modem?

Your cable modem might be on the fritz then. It sounds like you might be lagging out because of the cable modem messing up, instead of the other way around. I don't think there's anything we could send you or do to the connection that could crash your cable modem even if we tried (and we don't :blink:).

How old is the modem?

No idea, it's at an apartment I'm at. New apartment next year so I'll be able to get my EnB fix at constant 24/7 rate. Thanks CDel and Tienbau. Take it easy.

Edited by raw19896

Hey guys, seems that enb lags out 10-15 times per night (edit: or day) for me. Whether it be loading, or passing a nav point. I wait about 2 minutes and then close EnB because it never comes back. Anything I can do to mitigate this? I have a 10 Mbps connection here not sure what's happening. It usually said I failed to login but sometimes it does it without the net7 thing even saying that.

This used to happen to me also.

Maybe I'm telling the obvious, but have you put a check mark in Packet Optimization on your LauncNet7? (It is right beside the server choise) I did and the stability of the game changed to the better dramatically.