question regarding sigs

i have found that when i go up 10-12 levels, i go back and change background,

then delete the old sigs, copy and paste new sig code in its place, then save changes.

then relog into forums and most of the time it is updated.

i've never seen it just update itself

hope that helps :)

It does not, rather it updates periodically (don't know the period)

My PS is level 121, but it shows as 100 on my sig.

Any comments on this Slayerman?

Your sig shows level 121, you might just be seeing the cached image. Try clearing your cache. I think firefox will reload all images on a page from the web if you press Ctrl+F5.

Your sig shows level 121, you might just be seeing the cached image. Try clearing your cache. I think firefox will reload all images on a page from the web if you press Ctrl+F5.

huh.. strange..

I always clear my cache, so never thought of that.. but ctrl+f5 did it... this presents more things for me to investigate... gah.. thanks C Del :D couldn't leave me in bliss.

huh.. strange..

I always clear my cache, so never thought of that.. but ctrl+f5 did it... this presents more things for me to investigate... gah.. thanks C Del ;) couldn't leave me in bliss.

You're welcome. :D:D

Ill try the F5 thing next time- I just went in and selected a new backround and it updates them both that way.

FYI- You do not have to copy/save the sig code when you change your backround.. If you notice the img link does not change it just takes a few mins to take effect.

• 5 months later...

hm, good place to test sig :(

how come it dont show guild rank

Not sure about that....

Seems to be working for everyone else, does your guild ranks show up in game?

I'll need to do some checking in the database too.

Dunno what I'm doing wrong... My sig doesn't update until I generate a new one, then do ctrl-f5 to clear the cache. :blink:

I think that's normal. To my knowledge we don't automatically update them. (Am I right, Slayerman?)

I think that's normal. To my knowledge we don't automatically update them. (Am I right, Slayerman?)

You are correct.

You need to manually update your sig... down to the server load this would cause to run automatically, or even dynamically.

Just loading up some thread on this forum alone , a single page can contain over 20 sigs.

It seems the most efficient and the least amount of load to the server.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are some of the sigs different then the others? Is it random or do you have some control over it somewhere?

In what sense?

There are 2 types of sig you can use, the small one (like mine) or the large one.

The large one has 6 backgrounds for each race that you can click on to generate a sig with that background