Game wont launch

For those of you having this problem, could you post a screenshot of any changed items you can see in the "Update Report" the launcher should show you if it replaces any files? I'd like to know what files are getting messed up.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest omorbpw

Below are lines that have Updated next to them:

Data/client/mixfiles/global.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_02.th6

Data/client/misfiles/mixfile_art_03.th6

and a bunch of other .th6 files

Data/common/network.ini

Data/common/network.ini.orig

release/authlogin.log

re-installed client code and updated and re-installed netproxy. I still have to force update and when i kill something on a job misson, i get below message.

Error in mission #426, stage #1.

I started getting those errors 2 days ago myself. The mission seems to proceed normally though.

I posted this in the other thread about having to reset updates all the time, but I figured I'd put it here too:

Please post/keep posting the update reports you get when you reset and check for updates; I'm trying to figure out if there's a pattern to which files are being corrupted.

Windows Vista 32 bit

Toshiba Laptop

When opening Net 7 and clicking play, I get to the EA login screen and upon entering my password it crashes. It is trying to obtain the Avitar List from TCP rather than the proper UDP server. I had this same problem about 6 months ago and a simple Bios update fixed that. There are no Bios updates available for me now. I have tried to run with Win XP (SP2) compatibility and still crashes. If I reset the updates in N7, everytime i open it!, the game will run. As annoying as it seems to be, it atleast runs the game.

Second issue, I have the game set to run in full screen, but it seems to insist on running in windowed no matter what I do. I have checked the properties and nothing out of the ordinary there, I have run the configuration utility, which will run in full screen, plenty of times and nothing is working.

Data/client/ini/auth.ini

Data/client/ini/auth.ini.orig

Data/client/ini/rg_regdata.ini

Data/client/ini/rg_regdata.ini.orig

Data/client/mixfiles/global/th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_01.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_03.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_04.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_05.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_06.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_07.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_08.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_09.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_10.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_11.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_12.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_14.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_16.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_17.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_19.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_20.th6

Data/common/network.ini

Data/common/network.ini.orig

release/authlogin.log

This is my list of files that are having to re-update everytime so that I may play the game. Any suggestions?

I haven't played for 2 weeks and when I tried to play, it ran update patch and got the same error as the people above. "error launching client. Could not check registry settings." I read through this thread, but when I tried to click on the solution link.. it says I don't have permission to view???? Link is dead.

error.jpg

I've tried "force updates" several times. no help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

post-39-12712917693596_thumb.jpg

Edited by klaxis

Hiya, mine is coming up with wrong version for Net7Proxy.

My version 1.76 should be 1.78 went to the file http://patch.net-7.org/Net7/Files/bin/net7proxy.exe but this seems to be the same 1.76 as I have.

Autoupdating hasn't worked properly on my laptop or my PC for ages, so normally downloading the files from the prementioned directories normally get me going with a bit of mucking around (WOULD REALLY LOVE AUTOUPDATING FIXED)

Tried resetting updates tried forcing updates nothing is working :D

WINXP PRO

Please can you help

Edited by SpacePW

yes. I've tried launching as administrator. Been working fine for the past year... until this last patch. First time I've ever had a problem with launcher since ST2. It's doing the same thing on both my desktop and my laptop. Both are running Vista 64-bit. One home premium other vista business.

Edited by klaxis

Are you running LaunchNer7 as an administrator?

But of course :( It wouldn't run without doing it as administrator, I have even put everything as winxp(sp2) compatible and it still makes me reset the updates for each time I wish to run net7, including when the game crashes. I'm having to reset the updates because the Force Update button does absolutely nothing for me.

For some reason, in rare instances the patcher doesn't actually update some files. I had to update 3x to get it to take. It kept updating the same files (couldn't figure out how to copy/paste from the report), but it was the same files over and over till it finally worked. I got the "could not patch registry" error after one of the updates, but I ran update again and it worked.

Still getting the registry settings error on both my computers. Vista 64 bit.

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.9.8.0

Time: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:18:00 GMT

System.ApplicationException: Could not check registry settings. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.PatchRegistry64()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.Launch()

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoLaunch(LaunchSetting setting)

Several patch updates today, and still not working. This is very frustrating.... Anyone else having this same problem? It's odd that both my computers are doing the same thing, both using vista 64 bit, and both started with this problem after a patch earlier in the week.

Here's a screen cap of the problem again. Would be nice if a Dev or someone could get back to me on this.

error.jpg

And here's a copy of the error log.

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.9.8.0

Time: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 20:58:22 GMT

System.ApplicationException: Could not check registry settings. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.Launch()

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoLaunch(LaunchSetting setting)

I've tried force update, nummerous times... re-installed net7, nothing seems to work.

post-39-12716242174008_thumb.jpg

This is very strange. I'd like to be able to tell you something about the error, but I really can't yet. I'll look at the launcher code as soon as I get a chance and I'll provide you with some more information as I get it.

Thanks for being so patient; I'm sorry it's taking so long to get resolved.

I get as far as character login, & hit enter. Proxy then reads MVAS thread running, and closes without connecting me to the server. Running Win XP at 32 bit. Tried the "common fixes", force updating several times, both before and after comp. restart. If there's a fix listed, I've missed it.

Did a full reinstall, and can log in. Now all the blues are red, but the game plays.

Edited by Datspell

I see you're using local cert. Are you getting INV-300 or other errors when you don't?

Have you run the E&BConfig tool in the EBCONFIG folder inside of the Earth & Beyond folder?

I see you're using local cert. Are you getting INV-300 or other errors when you don't?

Have you run the E&BConfig tool in the EBCONFIG folder inside of the Earth & Beyond folder?

Yes, I have to use local cert because of error otherwise. The config utility will run in full screen but the game will not, it's weird really. Figures, it has to be me lmao!!! Not sure if it is supposed to be like this, but in the N7 launcher when I click help and check certificate, it tells me that the certificate is not valid or not installed and asks me if I want to install it now, when I click yes nothing happens ... is this right?