Game wont launch

The N7 launcher isn't working for me again, I just downloaded a patch of some sort, but now when i go to launch the game an error message comes up saying " Error launching client, could not patch registry settings "

any help would be appreciated.. thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest rpyke88

having same prob, game was working fine this morning. Then when i tried to play it this evening did a small update and then gave me same error message.

This is what the error log says:

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.9.6.0

Time: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:32:56 GMT

System.ApplicationException: Could not patch registry-settings. ---> System.IO.IOException: The parameter is incorrect.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, RegistrySecurity registrySecurity)

at Microsoft.Win32.Registry.SetValue(String keyName, String valueName, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind)

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.PatchRegistry64()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.PatchRegistry64()

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.Launch()

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoLaunch(LaunchSetting setting)

same thing, ctd, update then that error, the very first problem i've had with starting the game since I first installed at the end of ST3

Edited by Caelus

In other words click "Check for updates" till it works?

Or watch the forums, either way. :)

The patch to fix this will be coming out momentarily.

hi folks, bit of a problem..i just patched and now it oesn't work right.

Net-7 runns.

Client Runs but when i log-in right before the hand would do the "Varified" animation and put me thru to Chracter selection it crashes out to desktop.

Proxy log shows no errors. a Debug launch didn't show anything out of the norm either (though it just showed me more Net-7 logs)

Suggestions?

I'm assuming you're on Windows Vista or 7?

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release, find client.exe and go into its Properties (by way of the right-click menu), and change it's compatibility mode to Windows XP int he Compatibility tab. Even if you've already done this, you may need to do so again.

hi folks, bit of a problem..i just patched and now it oesn't work right.

Net-7 runns.

Client Runs but when i log-in right before the hand would do the "Varified" animation and put me thru to Chracter selection it crashes out to desktop.

Proxy log shows no errors. a Debug launch didn't show anything out of the norm either (though it just showed me more Net-7 logs)

Suggestions?

Yup yup.. reset compatatility as well as reset updates. not such wich worked but either way.. YAY!.. Thx.

You might want to try running a disk check (chkdsk) on your computer. Sometimes this clear up little errors that cause problems. You should only need to reset updates when a file gets corrupted.