Macro's?

i havent seen marco on in awhile... anyone know where he's been?

/edit oh macros... well I think ur a little confused here... now this is not about whether you like or dislike macros I dont wanna get into that debate... but I think what you mean is that macros defeat the purpose of "content" testing... cuz obviously if you run a mining macro you are not testing content...

but macros would stress the server by allowing fewer people to do more things for a greater period of time at a faster rate on multiple accounts at once... so if everyone had 4 accounts and ran trade macro on one, mining on another and combat on a third... and used the 4th account to actually play the game... then on a night where we might only have 225 people on, we now have 900 accounts playing... and all the little server logs would be goin nutz...

Edited by Avani
  • Upvote 1

:unsure: I know in live ea didnt mind trade macro's does that goes for the emu as well? And if so where could i find one

...what makes you say ea didn't mind them? They were against the EULA, they banned people caught using them and even started using in-game countermeasures to prevent faction farming macros and such..

...what makes you say ea didn't mind them? They were against the EULA, they banned people caught using them and even started using in-game countermeasures to prevent faction farming macros and such..

unattended macros were allowed after sunset was announced. attended macros were always allowed. and their anti-macro measures only caught legit player who were too tired of repetitive actions. macros were unaffected.

Macros are kind of against the spirit of the game and counterproductive to the stress test, but I doubt we'll take any action against macroing players unless they're interfering with other players. Unattended macroing will raise your chances of having action taken against you.

Players using macros in a way that's harming the server or interfering with normal gameplay will probably be kicked the first two times, and then temp banned. This is not an official statement, just what I find most likely to happen.

I don't believe in macro-ing. I think if you are going to play a game, you should be responsible enough to sit there and play it. I also think games, old and new, have too much content based on repetitive actions, say trade runs, faction gaining... when that happens, you can expect the macto-ers to start macro-ing. I would be more than willing to help write storyline/missions if it would help cut down on the busy work (trade runs). But...I DID all my trade runs in person. *sigh* I have to admit, though, I had one of those L6 shields that reflected quite a bit of damage on the Chavez without my direct observation in Live. I have friends that macro'd, too. People that have to work for a living may want to macro the "not-so-fun" stuff so they can spend their play time as quality time. I know I can hardly wait to get home from work. :blink:

please no... not another thread of macro vs non-macro... but then again... that said... CDel... how are macros counterproductive to STRESS testing... I am not taking a position on macros in this thread... but maybe I am confused about what the word STRESS means in regards to video game testing??? I would think that the more toons online at once would cause the server to have to do more things at once causing stress? Just from a learning perspective I would be interested in knowing that..

please no... not another thread of macro vs non-macro... but then again... that said... CDel... how are macros counterproductive to STRESS testing... I am not taking a position on macros in this thread... but maybe I am confused about what the word STRESS means in regards to video game testing??? I would think that the more toons online at once would cause the server to have to do more things at once causing stress? Just from a learning perspective I would be interested in knowing that..

I see your point, but we're not only trying to stress the server. We also want people to play the game, test the content, find bugs, and so on, and it seems to me that a person is much less likely to do that if they're macroing. To me, the point of playing in a stress test should be to test as much as possible more than to get to a high level quickly.

well first of all you would have no idea if there are any bugs or glitches occurring if you have the macro running unattended...

thanks for the response... and siatt bugs and glitches would technically fall under content testing (or whatever official term you want to give to that) and not stress... so from what I gather... the goal is more of towards content testing over stress... since we from what I udnerstand have a larger capacity than we have players...