One-Race Guilds

One-Race Guilds  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join an all (insert race) guild?

• Nope...and here is why...
    • Yes..If the guild got bonuses for it.
    • Yes..This is a RP MMO afterall.
    • Yes..if open PvP were a possibility.

Open PVP sounds cool.

Sector wide.

Battlegrounds are just fancy arenas and I hate those.

I am down for Racial PVP.

If not, maybe make a Pirate faction PVPable.

Player RDs vs Player Chavez vs Players who opt in for PVP (players could get "deputized" aka flagged for consent).

Cops and robbers galaxy wide.

To join a mono-race guild, there'd have to be some strong incentive to draw me in. As much as Terrans are stinkin' money-grubbing rock-huggers and Progen are belligerant DNA-mutilated hooligans, and both of them are such space-newbs that they don't feel right without a gravity well telling them which way is up, they have their uses and some of 'em have even earned my respect. I even play them every now and again on a lark. The idea of refusing a competent, well-mannered, respectable being on account of race kinda grates on my personal morals.

The incentive doesn't have to necessarily be an in-game bonus. I mean, RP-wise if the guild has a good reason for being mono-race (such as a Jenquai secret society, or espionage team, or something of the sort) and can't afford any conflicted loyalties, that would be good enough for me.

But without that sort of reasonin behind it, it's just a needless restriction that makes the late stages of the game un-fun.

To join a mono-race guild, there'd have to be some strong incentive to draw me in. As much as Terrans are stinkin' money-grubbing rock-huggers and Progen are belligerant DNA-mutilated hooligans, and both of them are such space-newbs that they don't feel right without a gravity well telling them which way is up, they have their uses and some of 'em have even earned my respect. I even play them every now and again on a lark. The idea of refusing a competent, well-mannered, respectable being on account of race kinda grates on my personal morals.

The incentive doesn't have to necessarily be an in-game bonus. I mean, RP-wise if the guild has a good reason for being mono-race (such as a Jenquai secret society, or espionage team, or something of the sort) and can't afford any conflicted loyalties, that would be good enough for me.

But without that sort of reasonin behind it, it's just a needless restriction that makes the late stages of the game un-fun.

Agreed.

And a mono-race guild would take the fun out of recruiting Terrans to flush down the latrines at Arx Ymir, and where would we be without those saucy Jenquai and their secret playrooms (cue: Tyran to insert something about Jenquai recreational practices and creative uses for jumpstart cables...)

• 4 weeks later...

To me, it is not about race as it is about lore tbh.

Lore Based Guilds.

Battle lines are well drawn throughout the galaxy through lore.

RD Guilds. Would be cool to pillage space and in a RD ship to boot.

Why not have Chavez as a playable faction and guild choice?

Economics and politics require conflict and resolution imo.

Good guys need bad guys.

Just like Terrans and Jenquai need re-education centers and airlock exiting drills. :(