One-Race Guilds

One-Race Guilds  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join an all (insert race) guild?

• Nope...and here is why...
    • Yes..If the guild got bonuses for it.
    • Yes..This is a RP MMO afterall.
    • Yes..if open PvP were a possibility.

Outside of RP reasons, there really would be no particular benefit to having a one-race only guild.

Barring any drastic changes to character, job/race abilities or deviation from the storyline (there is a pretty-much set storyline that was being followed in Live, and if/when EMU "goes live", the content devs have mentioned that it will be at a point slightly before the V'rix invasion) ... there is no reason to do so.

A guild will almost always want to have at least one or two TT's (best Negotiate/most builds), a few JDs (best DPS), a few PWs (best tanks) and a smattering of TEs/TTs (Combat/Combat support) and some JE/JTs (reactor supports during raids).

Of course, a single race guild could have all their main toons as one or another race, and keep a few alts of races outside that guild for the unique traits and advantages of those races, and maintain them as "secret contacts within the (insert one: Progen Republic/Jenquarum/Terran Alliance) for RP purposes.

That's not to say that it couldn't be done however; a single race guild would be able to take advantage of, and craft all of its race-only gear: but I don't envision an alliance of JE/JT/JD casually popping into the FB and killing off the bosses with the same degree of relative ease as a mixed race guild putting the best tactically suited toons in the right roles.

It'd be good for RP or, being a Progen myself, getting a nasty combat fleet going, but it would end up being counterproductive overall. This used to be more true in live, when there weren't Jenquai and Progen traders and Terran explorers; back then you needed TTs to make you stuff, PS/JE for ore, and TE/JD/PW for their respective combat skills. The three new classes make single-race guilds more feasible, but I seriously doubt there would be any advantage to this setup.

C Del brings up a good point...in Live..there was a distinct disadvantage to having one-race guilds...but I'm hoping that wont be the case here...with the addition of the new 3 classes.

Sure...some things mught be harder (certain MOBS)..but isnt that half the fun...

New stategys would also be possible.

In my opinion, one-race guilds would only be cool if we end up with large-scale PvP being implemented. Then we could have a good old-fashioned race-based war.

Ha, taking that into account, I feel like changing my answer to yes. I think wars / battles between one-race guilds would be a lot of fun.

I took it upon myself to add an option to the poll about PvP, I hope you don't mind, lol. (You can certainly take it out if you wish, I just wanted an option that represented my opinion better :D)

I took it upon myself to add an option to the poll about PvP, I hope you don't mind, lol. (You can certainly take it out if you wish, I just wanted an option that represented my opinion better :P)

i hope you guys are making a seperate server for pvp.... pvp would ruin the game imo.

:)

Cia

That's a possibility, or we could just expand the separate PvP sectors from live, or we could make it an optional kind of thing. Don't worry, whatever happens, no one is going to be forced into PvP.

That's a possibility, or we could just expand the separate PvP sectors from live, or we could make it an optional kind of thing. Don't worry, whatever happens, no one is going to be forced into PvP.

Not a fan of PvP, but I could live with it as long as the bolded applies.

Be assured, the number one consideration about PvP, as far as development is concerned, would be allowing people who don't want to PvP to opt out. Of course, I should be clear that PvP isn't currently on the list of things to do, just an idea that's been kicked around.

Wow to the race pvp.

Jenquai stand no chance with it currently. Summon is the only PvP skill of any value in a group situation for the rest it has...nothing.

It would be between the kiting of Terrans and the massive damage and shield/hull of progens.

But yes to open pvp nonetheless, just no race pvp.

In **theory** ... Jenquai PvP could work, given tactics and equipment. You know, bait with one JE whose sole purpose is to die... and those huge Terran or Progen sigs would be the beacon upon which a group of three JDs could jump in with his 0.5 sig, cloak, speed up behind the Terran and unload 9x Defender's Prides into him with the decloaking bonus might even things up a tad.

For the PW, you'd have the JD's missile kiting him, and warping/cloaking just before he gets his grav link off perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't write off the Jenquai in a Race War if I were you.

We have nothing to lose in a race war most of you think we

have already lost the battle.

But I would pity the Progen or Terran Group if they lost to an all

Jenquai group. :) They would never live it down.

If the Leader of the Jenquai Group had his head on straight and

ALL the Jenquai skills worked like they should and the Entire group

would follow the plan of attack of divide and conquer the Jenqaui

group could win the fight.

I do know this the level of excitment would raise exponentially

I'd want to be in that all Jenquai group.

Its no secret about my PVP desires one PVP sector. There would

have to be gate turrets to stop the "gateing kills" and "Flagged

For PVP" (your option for PVP)would have to be implemented.

In the original live version this would of never been possible

the new races have now made it feasible.

Jenqaui and always Jenquai.

Phorlaug....

Edited by Phorlaug

Its no secret about my PVP desires one PVP sector. There would

have to be gate turrets to stop the "gateing kills" and "Flagged

For PVP" (your option for PVP)would have to be implemented.

I'm a big fan of instanced combat zones - the limited PvP in Final Fantasy XI called "Ballista" comes to mind.

I think an easy way of implementing a similar idea in EnB EMU would be:

Set up a gate to "PvP Sector" (I'm sure someone will think of a better name)

This gate is a one-way gate from the PvP sector. (I'll explain this shortly).

Outside the gate is an NPC: he is sort of like Luciano Campano, the barker for the Scaracen races in Live. He will periodically announce the results of the last PvP match, with details like the player with the most kills for that session. He will also bark instructions for how to sign up (this spam will ideally occur in "Computer Messages")

Click on him, and he gives you the choice of joining Team A or Team B, or he assigns you to a team if there is an imbalance where one team has two or more players than the other.

After a certain quorum of PvP'ers is reached (ideally two groups of six players) the NPC will then announce to the sector that the PvP match will begin in five minutes, and instruct players to get ready: this would involve setting up groups and deciding who kills, kites, or heals, etc.

Most likely, the entry point to the PvP sector (with the barker NPC) will be located in an out-of-the-way sector (such as Grissom, GO, Odin Rex, Yokan...) basically somewhere at least 2-3 hops away from a highport... this will require the player to have planned ahead for PvP and to arrive with a full hold of weapons and gear for battle.

After the five minutes is up, the players will be instantly wormholed to the PvP sector (no pop-up/no damage to any trade goods: more or less works like a GM/Dev wormhole).

Either team will have its own starting point, hidden from the other side, and heavily defended by excessively nasty gate guns (essentially the opposing faction will be utterly unable to control that area, as attempting to do so would assure their doom from the way overpowered gate guns).

Opposing teams will see each other with red icons (like mobs) and red text, if the client permits. Allies will see each other in Blue, and partied allies will see each other in purple as per normal.

ZONE DYNAMICS:

The zone itself would be quite huge, rivaling Lagarto or VT in size. Grav wells might be present or not; there would be no MOBs aside from the aforementioned gate guns.

Ultimate risk, ultimate reward for Explorers: Plenty of rare L9 ores - in small clusters spread out very far and wide. Having a high scan distance will go a long way here. Explorers might find a purpose here also in salvaging hulks that award buffs to everyone in their group.

DEATH:

Players would automatically receive the effect of a level 1 Jumpstart 30 seconds being incapacitated, with a "big green text" warning; if the player wants a higher level JS, he would need to switch on his "dorito" (incapacitation beacon) before the 30sec. elapses.

After getting the JS, the player would then be auto-summoned back his starting camp in the PvP instance.

Choosing "tow back to Base" would exit the player from the PvP instance and return him to his last registered base.

DAMAGE: No equipment/weapons structural or quality damage should be received from PvP "death".

EXITING PvP:

Exiting PVP can be done in a number of ways:

- Getting incapped/killed and opting to "tow back to base" before the auto-jumpstart occurs

- Receiving "return to base" L7 Jenquai Defender summon

- Receiving a wormhole from a JE

- Exiting through the (visible to everyone) Gate which deposits you back at the NPC barker.

Race War:

While this scenario does not specifically reference the Gate War or a specific race-vs-race event, teams *could* structure themselves along player race lines and enter the PvP zone that way.

Edited by -Seeker-
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I really really like the idea of having PvP in zoned areas. If you don't want to PvP, stay away from the zones, that simple. It is something I always hoped would be implemented in live, the gladiator games felt like just a game with nothing really to loose.

Nicely done, Seeker.

Though why does the PvP area need to be big? It would be interesting, especially if you are putting the area on a short timer, to have it be a small area. The idea of PvP is a battle between groups, not an explore mission for JE's. :)

• 1 month later...

It'd be good for RP or, being a Progen myself, getting a nasty combat fleet going, but it would end up being counterproductive overall. This used to be more true in live, when there weren't Jenquai and Progen traders and Terran explorers; back then you needed TTs to make you stuff, PS/JE for ore, and TE/JD/PW for their respective combat skills. The three new classes make single-race guilds more feasible, but I seriously doubt there would be any advantage to this setup.

Since this thread came back up in the View New Content list, I will get back on my terran soapbox and say that while it would be cool to have one race guilds... it is also Impossible cuz TERRANS CANT BUILD REACTORS! :D

But I am all for the idea of letting terrans build reactors so we can have one race guilds...

Since this thread came back up in the View New Content list, I will get back on my terran soapbox and say that while it would be cool to have one race guilds... it is also Impossible cuz TERRANS CANT BUILD REACTORS! :D

But I am all for the idea of letting terrans build reactors so we can have one race guilds...

lol. You silly Terrans aren't going to get reactor building. You can already build engines, what more do you want? :D

• Upvote 2

lol. You silly Terrans aren't going to get reactor building. You can already build engines, what more do you want? :D

Now I know you have read Avani's posts before on this subject, why would you throw a rock at the hornets nest? :D

• Upvote 1