Some Suggestions for changes to the game.

Heya's from playing the Emu for a while I been thinking of some changes that could be done.. I'll just list them

1) Fix Missles, they need to fly straight not to mention faster. (Ex: like Ogun plasma missles cept sped up somewhat) I use Type B's and the missles swerve all over the place and take over 10 seconds to finally hit, if you'd seen any jet movies, you'd notice the missles can go mach 1+ to catch up to a fighter jet Why do missles in space fly at 300?.

2) Massivly increase explore exp for analyzing items. I can't stress this enough 250 exp for analysing a lv 4 weapon is far to little.

2a) Also up trade exp from sold looted goods from npc's (if a item npc's for 1500 creds I should be getting more than 50-150 trade exp for it) and also for crafting items.

3) Give Reactor Optimzation a less annoying graphical effect.

4) Add some repetable missions for low levels for all races. Currently only TE and TT has one that requires killing of low level monsters (As far as I know anyway)

Thats about all thats been on my mind lately.. If I think of more I'll post them.

1) Like that in live, unlikely to change, this is the cost of being terran and being able to solo better than just about anyone else, long as you can go faster than them.

2)Not that bad a plan, at least worth considering

2a) Meh, from a balance perspective, trading was kind of designed to be a long thing. Missions or whatever we get to cover for them should help on this front. Selling stuff you find on dead corpse isn't REALLY trading, its just the games way of giving you money, not at leveling up.

3) While nice in theory, takes a lot of work, and is probably unlikely to happen anytime soon. Priorities :)

4) Low levels are fine, we go through them almost too fast as it is, though that's just an opinion.

1) Like that in live, unlikely to change, this is the cost of being terran and being able to solo better than just about anyone else, long as you can go faster than them.

2)Not that bad a plan, at least worth considering

2a) Meh, from a balance perspective, trading was kind of designed to be a long thing. Missions or whatever we get to cover for them should help on this front. Selling stuff you find on dead corpse isn't REALLY trading, its just the games way of giving you money, not at leveling up.

3) While nice in theory, takes a lot of work, and is probably unlikely to happen anytime soon. Priorities :)

4) Low levels are fine, we go through them almost too fast as it is, though that's just an opinion.

Only because its on 2x exp right now if your below OL 75, when its not and it's 1x you'll see why I mentioned it.

I agree on the idea of repeatable missions, that reward all 3 types of XP, but I think I will get what I want on this when the Job Terminals are implemented. Reason being is that Jobs did vary from low level to high level. You had to be no lower than 15 levels below the job you wanted to take. They were also a means of adjusting faction.

Hmmm...could we possibly have a feature like "donate to a cause and receive a reward" thing? I think I mentioned this in the old forums, but how about a character can donate looted equipment(shields,engines,devices,reactors,weapons)at or below their level for the construction of their race's flagship. Donations turn into points that can be used to buy exp(combat, exploration, trade) or some kind of awesome donation only weapons that consume ammo that can only be bought from the item donation center or equipment that have time limited effects(Illegally modified"insert random engine name" warp +1000 for 1-9 hours of game play(maybe the effect can last 1 hour per equipment level), non tradable, non manufacturable). Effect goes away after time is up and so the engine becomes a damaged "insert random engine name" with 25% quality. Way too much coding to implement until everything is the way it should be.

Taking things too far: Donation centers keep a count of all the equipment received and reject types of equipment when the count is sufficient. When all shield, device, engine, reactor, and weapon quantities are met, a flagship is launched for a certain time which provides everyone of that race with buffs. Progen might get increased shields. Terrans increased missile range. Jenquai increased deflection.

OMG! THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN: There is no indication of when a flagship will launch. It launches with a system message to notify all players that a race's flagship has launched. The flagships orbit a large asteroid at the center of a map. The map is a PvP map. There is no station in the map. Races with flagships in the map are allowed to enter the map from their home sector(Earth, Jupiter, Mars). Flagships can be destroyed to force the opposing race out of the map and discontinue the race buff. When a flagship is destroyed, the map is populated with many hulks with a 1-5% chance to contain a lvl 4-9 unique item. Flagships cannot be repaired, but over time will regenerate all hull and shields. Flagships are a boss type mob and will not attack its own race.

I know I know. Too much to hope for, but I think the game could use something like this just for some good ole pvp action and it adds another way to get exp and random unique equipment.

• Upvote 1

I used to think this too... but now I feel that lets really just blow through the low levels, the cost to gear up and getting pm stuff is just too high for playing low levels to be worth it, especially with a small user base... I mean if the game were presently 100% up to speed to where we were at sunset and you made us all brand new L150's at a snap of a finger we would have 2 years of content to play through between faction, gearing up, maxing out skill points, learning recipes, guilding up, etc, etc... and in those 2 years is plenty of time to make new content...

I would almost say just keep the 2x xp and cap it at around 110 instead of 75... that would give us approx L6 of everything before we switch over to normal xp.