Promo missions plans?

OK so all races have the level 30 promo missions and rewards. I'm not aware of any promo mission rewards at level 50/75/135. The progens are getting a great deal of love at hull 100 promo mission, which is good for them(envy).

so i would assume there's plans for the other races.(when do i get candy envy)

I wouldn't mind think tanking about ideas for the other classes.

Jenqia

Je- device or reactor

JS- shield

JD- beam

Terens

TE- launcher

TS- reactor

TT- engine or device

just ideas....no clue if you all working on it or not yet. mostly filling in time cause the server is down.

I like the idea of bonus missions for all races/classes as well.

I like your ideas for the most part. IF we're going with item rewards, I could go either with different items by class, or 1 item that all 3 classes would find useful. A good performing reactor in terms of cap and recharge, with 1-3 buffs on it would be nice. 1 if it's a rare buff, 2 buffs if it's the buffs are somewhat common or a combo of buffs that are usually not together, 3 if the buffs are all commonplace. Or it could be 3 buffs with 1 that buffs a JE skill, 1 that buffs Reactor Optimization (JT's unique skill), and 1 that buffs a JW skill. A useful device would be good too instead of a reactor.

If we're going with recipes, for Jenquai, I would favor different recipes for the different classes (even though all Jenquai have Build Devices). I would think that having a reactor that a JE could build, and either use for himself, or sell to other Jenquai, a new Plasma beam that JW could use or sell to other Jenquai, and the choice between the two for JT. A beam that would use have an EPS comparable to the Defender's Pride, it's DPS should be about 75 at 100% quality, and about 110 at 200% quality. For comparison the Defenders Pride does 85.88 @ 100% & 128.81 @ 200% quality the Pitt Sr does 66.56 at 100% & 99.83 at 200%. Such a beam would not be overpowered, given that the DP and many of the other plasma beams give more DPS, instead it would have buffs different from the other Plasma beams, but not damage enhancing buffs. Stats from Slayerman's database.

If going the recipe route, said items would be usable by all Jenquai and tradable. They would have at least 1 part that must be built by a Trader.

There seems to be a misomer here with regards the Progen Bonus mission. It is not set in stone.

It was a collection of increasingly hard missions and mission ideas as to mission structures. So to reward people trying these missions and different mission styles therere is a reward. These 'bonus' mission are likely to evolve in content too.

However, this is unlikely to be this way in future, as the more missions are understood as to what can be done, the less the linear paths will be done.

Progen interested in these areas should check out the Race area of the forum. No replies will be made from me now in General Chat from now on, and limited replies / updates in Progen part of forum. Also, as soon as the item(s) drop, the reward(s) will either change or be modified.

Unique, non-tradeable items similar to the progen HU30 reward makes more sense than a print. For lvl 100, give a good item for lvl 100, but definitely not an end-game item/recipe.

I don't believe levelling should be rewarded with end-game loot. Useful stuff to get to 150 would be great though. Making the game trivial by putting ubers in progression quests seems silly.

I can make the CFB on my TT, and the idea that I can manu the best PW shield in the game because I did some fetch quests breaks the end-game.

There seems to be a misomer here with regards the Progen Bonus mission. It is not set in stone.

It was a collection of increasingly hard missions and mission ideas as to mission structures. So to reward people trying these missions and different mission styles therere is a reward. These 'bonus' mission are likely to evolve in content too.

However, this is unlikely to be this way in future, as the more missions are understood as to what can be done, the less the linear paths will be done.

Progen interested in these areas should check out the Race area of the forum. No replies will be made from me now in General Chat from now on, and limited replies / updates in Progen part of forum. Also, as soon as the item(s) drop, the reward(s) will either change or be modified.

Thanks for the information. Was wondering if promo bonus missions would eventually be the same thing. More items dropping is a good thing too (Makes me wonder what will drop in Neptune when it's implemented/implementable. Hopefully some new items for all races/classes).

Je- device or reactor

JS- shield

JD- beam

Terens

TE- launcher

TS- reactor

TT- engine or device

If an equipment reward

Jenqia ideas

Je- aa Gahtu An(non trade- non buffing to others)

Power Augmenter 7 (non trade; non buffing to others)

jd- Defenders doumaru (tradeable; TS manu. only)

Veiled Oyoroi (tradeable; TS manu. only)

Aspiration of the faithful

Fifth vector

edge of infinity(wow- to OP)

Terrans

tt- aa Gahtu An

ts- aa Gahtu An

tw- aa Gahtu Daimyo An (seems to OP to me if it has a short cooldown, needs to be limited some how)

aa Gamik Y's

DigiApogee RMU Prototype 3 Eta

Reinforced Solar Sail

CE-X10 "Clydesdale" Mk. IX

Intent of the Resolute

Yakity Yak Asylum

ok all my ideas of items to choose from

I can make the CFB on my TT, and the idea that I can manu the best PW shield in the game because I did some fetch quests breaks the end-game.

Well, as a Progen doing the updated missions, you would have only gotten the CFB schematic after completing an optional, fairly complex, story-based mission line culminating in the destruction of a level 66 Manes -- which doesn't break the end-game any more than just looting something from another level 66 mob and mapping it does. It's not a "hit-level-100-take-item-X-to-person-Y-then-talk-to-person-Z-to-get-your-über-shield" sort of situation.

I would welcome more high-end gear being solely obtainable through missions like this rather than just putting a raid party together and shooting. It keeps things interesting.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what the deal is but I did all the lvl 100 promo missions as a PW and all I got as a reward was 1 piece of archos ammo which you can buy at a vendor..... Also doing the mission cost 5 time more than if I had just paid for it !

Well, as a Progen doing the updated missions, you would have only gotten the CFB schematic after completing an optional, fairly complex, story-based mission line culminating in the destruction of a level 66 Manes -- which doesn't break the end-game any more than just looting something from another level 66 mob and mapping it does. It's not a "hit-level-100-take-item-X-to-person-Y-then-talk-to-person-Z-to-get-your-über-shield" sort of situation.

I would welcome more high-end gear being solely obtainable through missions like this rather than just putting a raid party together and shooting. It keeps things interesting.

The best of the best gear should not be soloable. This is an MMO.

Put in some lvl 9 stuff sure, maybe Archos, Type A ML, etc, but raid caliber loot (CFB) should be on raid caliber mobs.

The economy is diluted enough with everyone and their mother being able to build everything. Having 1-3 people on a server with a print actually makes the marketplace interesting. Right now supply is inifinite, so money is worthless.

If it was on a raid level rare boss in Live, it probably shouldn't be on a solo/group mob in this version of the game.

Without challenge, the game is boring. If these items are non-manu, non-trade, and almost as good as say RD Base loot, that's fine. Putting absolute end-game level gear in these quests is just catering to people that want everything easy and handed out on silver platters. Even if that manes takes 18 people to kill, it's up 24/7, guaranteed drop, etc, and is common loot.

The end-game stuff should be rare, hard as hell to get, and give people something to work for. Everyone running around with maxed gear is just dumb. Stuff like Archos, model Z, type A, etc should be considered "good" gear and used by the majority of players. Right now a 195% Bile ML is considered "junk", and anyone using Type A's is terrible, which says something about the loot system. It used to take weeks or months even to get that one item you needed, making it much more fulfilling to get it than just getting hand outs.

The best of the best gear should not be soloable. This is an MMO.

Put in some lvl 9 stuff sure, maybe Archos, Type A ML, etc, but raid caliber loot (CFB) should be on raid caliber mobs.

The economy is diluted enough with everyone and their mother being able to build everything. Having 1-3 people on a server with a print actually makes the marketplace interesting. Right now supply is inifinite, so money is worthless.

If it was on a raid level rare boss in Live, it probably shouldn't be on a solo/group mob in this version of the game.

Without challenge, the game is boring. If these items are non-manu, non-trade, and almost as good as say RD Base loot, that's fine. Putting absolute end-game level gear in these quests is just catering to people that want everything easy and handed out on silver platters. Even if that manes takes 18 people to kill, it's up 24/7, guaranteed drop, etc, and is common loot.

The end-game stuff should be rare, hard as hell to get, and give people something to work for. Everyone running around with maxed gear is just dumb. Stuff like Archos, model Z, type A, etc should be considered "good" gear and used by the majority of players. Right now a 195% Bile ML is considered "junk", and anyone using Type A's is terrible, which says something about the loot system. It used to take weeks or months even to get that one item you needed, making it much more fulfilling to get it than just getting hand outs.

Do you not read what is written or do you just ignore what the Progen Content developer says? We are, by god, in a test! not alpha not even beta but a test. There is no "end game" here!

As more and more itmes become available from mob drops, the rewards will be adjusted and changed to reflect other updates. The length and complexity of the current lvl100 BONUS mission is much more challenging than it was previously. The items that are required atually take some effort and some work to obtain. Also, the reward is for those that choose to build. Why shouldn't there be exotic or unique items available through a long, challenging mission line specifically desgned to reward those that have chosed to be active builders for their race? If you are not a buiilder, then you don't get the print. Consequently, you don't have any reaon to be doing the mission. You are, at this point, a consumer and relying on others anyways for your items and thus need no unique or rare print when you can just purchase the item from a qualified builder.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm of the opinion that raiding should not be the ONLY means to acquire prints for end-game items. The primary means, sure, but there should be some alternative options (something that would often benefit Traders and Explorers). I liked when the devs from Live improved the rewards from the Mars Construction Project, even though a JE who got a print for the Gaze of Amah, couldn't trade it (but could build it despite not being able to build weapons). (not sure if the PE got similiar love)

I'm all for long and drawn out missions that give some rewards in terms of prints. Particularily for Traders and Explorers, who while are supporters in combat, combat isn't their primary task in life. The prints should be worth the effort. The Balefire line of reactors didn't quite make the cut, IMO, because of the difficulty of the Sturdy Solar Panel in manufacturing, for an item line that ended at L7 with the Shimmering Balefire. IMO one of the things the game was lacking in, in Live, was more content for the non-warrior classes.

Do you not read what is written or do you just ignore what the Progen Content developer says? We are, by god, in a test! not alpha not even beta but a test. There is no "end game" here!

As more and more itmes become available from mob drops, the rewards will be adjusted and changed to reflect other updates. The length and complexity of the current lvl100 BONUS mission is much more challenging than it was previously. The items that are required atually take some effort and some work to obtain. Also, the reward is for those that choose to build. Why shouldn't there be exotic or unique items available through a long, challenging mission line specifically desgned to reward those that have chosed to be active builders for their race? If you are not a buiilder, then you don't get the print. Consequently, you don't have any reaon to be doing the mission. You are, at this point, a consumer and relying on others anyways for your items and thus need no unique or rare print when you can just purchase the item from a qualified builder.

Just because it is a stress-test phase doesn't mean things cant be discussed anyways. The more you can get right/fixed now is less you have to do in later tests/Live. No point in doing something 5 times when you can do it right once and be done with it.

Nothing in that mission resembles the difficulty that warrants that sort of drop. Period. I did the whole mission start to finish, and the only thing that makes it harder now is the questionable mob AI. Why put in goofy stuff now just to have to back it out later? That's like writing code just for the sake of deleting it later on when you write the "correct" code.

Reading does not = agreeing, and I'm not sure why you are jumping on my nuts for having an opinion.

As I said, put good items on these quests to warrant the time. The HU30 quest reward is a fantastic example of a great item that warrants the time. Put some great lvl 7 non manu non trade Pl at 100, maybe a lvl 8 reactor at 135.

If you implement a better PW shield, then fine, put the CFB on here, but no way in hell should the game be that easy that you get it from the HU100 quest or HU135 quest when it goes in, which isn't hard if you aren't lazy.

My comment wasn't just about the progen quest, but all level up bonus quests in general.

Why does everyone want this game to be so damn easy? The next person who uses "it's just a test" as rationale for questionable decision making is getting airlocked. :)

• Upvote 2

Why put in goofy stuff now just to have to back it out later? That's like writing code just for the sake of deleting it later on when you write the "correct" code.

The next person who uses "it's just a test" as rationale for questionable decision making is getting airlocked. :P

Uh huh. :)

Content should be available to most anyone who wants to try it, I say.

The CFB or Silver Hammers or other raid-level gear are probably not something that a JE or other explorer class would be terribly interested in (my TS really would like a Crystalline Dynamo or Unabating Fire, a Barrier of Slime, and a Golden Tooth to round off his endgame mining with a nice reactor and whatever other useful gewgaws to fill in the device slots (L9 Harpy/Roc).

Of course, TS's are also pretty un-useful even as a raid support (JEs and JTs get to buff reactors at least)... but with the right equipment, I think there is room for a TS to be among the fastest and most efficient miners in the galaxy.

So yeah, I'd like to see something more challenging and cool stuff to come with it for the TS hull upgrades and bonus missions other than speaking to the "Woot!" lady at Earth Station. :)

Content should be available to most anyone who wants to try it, I say.

The CFB or Silver Hammers or other raid-level gear are probably not something that a JE or other explorer class would be terribly interested in (my TS really would like a Crystalline Dynamo or Unabating Fire, a Barrier of Slime, and a Golden Tooth to round off his endgame mining with a nice reactor and whatever other useful gewgaws to fill in the device slots (L9 Harpy/Roc).

Of course, TS's are also pretty un-useful even as a raid support (JEs and JTs get to buff reactors at least)... but with the right equipment, I think there is room for a TS to be among the fastest and most efficient miners in the galaxy.

So yeah, I'd like to see something more challenging and cool stuff to come with it for the TS hull upgrades and bonus missions other than speaking to the "Woot!" lady at Earth Station. :D

Of the explorers there is one that would be interested in the CFB, the Sentinel. Sentinel can use it, or build it but the PT and TT can build it for less money. The JE is interested in the uber beams, because a JE has to either use uber beams, or 2 Pittbull Sr. and a Ruby Disruptor to defend himself against Manes guarding orefields.

I think that the Scout would be pretty decent as a raid supporter. Like the other Explorers, they can buff deflects with the GETCo "Animal Skin" devices, Jumpstart people who need it, and they have more options to debuff Explosive than the other Terrans. The thing that they bring that the other explorers lack is the ability to patch hulls, and the group bonus of more speed. But I do think both a Scout's and a JE's equipment should primarily to be geared more towards mining, finding those hidden orefields, and fighting or avoiding orefield guardian mobs (usually Manes).

My Scout would be happy if she had a SS8, a good L8 reactor (by Terran standards), 4 Zets with Plasma ammo (My TW will fulfill her ammo needs), an Invisible Eye, Fornax Australis Major 8, a Hyperian Frontier's Friend and a Golden Tooth.

My Scout would be happy if she had a SS8, a good L8 reactor (by Terran standards), 4 Zets with Plasma ammo (My TW will fulfill her ammo needs), an Invisible Eye, Fornax Australis Major 8, a Hyperian Frontier's Friend and a Golden Tooth.

Not a bad mix for a fighting TS. My TS is woefully underpowered in terms of CL at the moment, just making do with a foursome of L4 Oguns.

A good way to think about the raid possibilities for the class, though at present I'm unsure as to how much importance could be weighted toward various debuffs with the endgame mobs, their various resistances and abilities still very much in a state of flux. Though if things stand more or less as they are now... the impact debuffs would be useful.

That said, what I was thinking about was if/when we have such a surplus of L150's to where raid leaders can be a little more selective as to who "gets to come to the party", I'd foresee a greater leaning to the more traditional roles or PW tanks/DPS, JD pullers/DPS, TEs for Rally and hull patch, TT and JT shield rechargers, and JE for reactor buff and any explorers for jumpstarting fallen comrades.

Not familiar enough with what a PP brings to the table to say how they would fit in, heheh.

As for the Fornax Australis 8, the HFF (Hyperian Frontier's Friend) and Invisible Eye... none of those are in game yet... and would be PERFECT sorts of prizes for Scout to use.

Not a bad mix for a fighting TS. My TS is woefully underpowered in terms of CL at the moment, just making do with a foursome of L4 Oguns.

A good way to think about the raid possibilities for the class, though at present I'm unsure as to how much importance could be weighted toward various debuffs with the endgame mobs, their various resistances and abilities still very much in a state of flux. Though if things stand more or less as they are now... the impact debuffs would be useful.

That said, what I was thinking about was if/when we have such a surplus of L150's to where raid leaders can be a little more selective as to who "gets to come to the party", I'd foresee a greater leaning to the more traditional roles or PW tanks/DPS, JD pullers/DPS, TEs for Rally and hull patch, TT and JT shield rechargers, and JE for reactor buff and any explorers for jumpstarting fallen comrades.

Not familiar enough with what a PP brings to the table to say how they would fit in, heheh.

As for the Fornax Australis 8, the HFF (Hyperian Frontier's Friend) and Invisible Eye... none of those are in game yet... and would be PERFECT sorts of prizes for Scout to use.

I mostly agree with you but I think of the classes and their responsibilities in a Raid as follows are:

Warriors:

Progen Warrior: Firepower, draw aggro

Terran Enforcer: Firepower, Rally, draw some aggro, but less than PW.

Jenquai Defender: Primary: Summoner, Psi Shield, Repair Equipment (for the Explorers/Traders)

Secondary: Alpha Strike firepower, Blind Mobs, Debuff Plasma, Share Scan Range.

Explorers:

Progen Sentinel: Menace, moderate firepower, JS, Buff deflects before fight.

Terran Scout: Hull Patch, JS, make warriors faster, Buff Deflects before fight Recharge Reactor (Fornax). More DPS than a JE, more range than a JT.

Jenquai Explorer: Debuff Plasma, Blind Mobs, JS, Share Scan range, Increase Reactor Recharge (BoTD/Fornax Australis), Battery Bot, & Pre fight buffing of reactors, deflects.

Traders:

Progen Privateer: Firepower comparable to TW, Recharge Shields, Menace (Can debuff energy, but JT is more likely to carry the device to do so)

Terran Trader: Shield Charging, Recharge Shields, & Hull Patch. Can debuff Psionic (Can debuff energy, but JT is more likely to carry the device to do so)

Jenquai Seeker: Reactor Optimization, Shield Recharge, Debuff Plasma, & Blind Mobs. (Can debuff Energy as well, most likely to carry debuffer, since she's a beam user)

I think that the JT is in the worst position, when raid leaders can be more picky about who they bring. Reactor Optimization helps her with this some, but the other things she can do are covered, by other classes who have more to bring to the table. JT can debuff Plasma & Blind mobs, but so can both JE and JW. (see above for additional things JE/JW can do). JT can recharge Shields, but TT & PT can do that too. PT also brings firepower, TT brings hull patch. JT needs some other useful debuffer to bring to the table and at least 1 other buff to bring.

I agree on that equipment that's not in the game yet, but the lower level Fornax Austrailis (Progen Restricted, Explorers Only) devices are, they're available at Jove's Fury.

My Scout is underpowered too. Mostly because I've just done Trade runs with her, so she can build Devices for my other toons. The items I mentioned are things I intend to get for her when she's bigger and they're in game. They would be her gear for mining, while being able to deal with orefield guardians.

I have mixed feelings on the missions and their rewards.

First, my PW hasn't gotten up to the lv100 hu mission yet, but the lv30 was a royal pain, mostly because at 30 traveling the galaxy is very slow. The Millia was a pain due to spawn bug, other than that it was fine, I enjoyed it.

The lv50, was fun in it's current incarnation, because it gave me a sub-mission to aquire the phosphates, which was cool. (at 50 travel is not such a pain cause of SP in go-fast equipment)

The reward for the lv30 was awesome, arguably the best lv4 shield imo for a pw. Although I sure coulda used it during the Millia phase :D

Rewards need to be worth the effort required to aquire them, as I haven't done the lv100 yet, maybe the reward should be given at lv135 instead, dunno. One thing I do know, is Byahkee (sp?) is doing a great job on the progen missions so far, and most, if not all are subject to change, as he has stated several times.

Mission rewards should not be uber if easy to get, on the other hand should never require groups to accomplish, at least until grouping and missions works correctly (ie: kill credit, etc). Once grouping is fixed then by all means require some help, as this is an MMO after all. On the other hand, hard, group required combat should not always be "the norm" to get the item on a mission, sometimes running us all over the galaxy should be enough.

Finally, one of the things that always made EnB "fun" was that it was fairly simple and sometimes easy. If you want hard, mind boggling, more like a job than a pastime game, go play Eve. :P

<Snip>

Rewards need to be worth the effort required to aquire them, as I haven't done the lv100 yet, maybe the reward should be given at lv135 instead, dunno.

<Snip>

I know i did say I woudn't reply much here, but people are not understanding the concept of the bonus missions.

The hull level is themed around a certain task, and the bonus tree on from that hull mission. However, and it will become obvious if you read the requirements in the Progen Forum, the bonus mission that everyone wants that is unlocked by the Level 100 mission requires:

CL 50

TL 45

You to have killed a CL 66 mane and obtained a reward.

I don't think you will be level 100 at this point! Missions are instigated on completing the hull upgrade missions, but they are intended to be high level content for later on. I would think players would be averaging overall level 130+ before this bonus mission tree is attempted.

There is a different theme to each hull upgrade, and once given the tools to do what I want to do, they will change [HU 50+]