Better terminal chances.

Ok so picture this, you finish a big raid, you get something that you can Analyze. You fly back to the base that works best for you, boom the item is gone. Yea it is the name of the game but maybe add in something that can help, or put players through some kind of task to guarantee you are successful at least once.

Many ways to go about this. That or set the chance you have of loosing the item to a set rate for all.

This was the biggest thing in my eyes ( next to Ks ) that was aggravating

• Upvote 1

You can use Duct tape (not a joke). Linky

In the future they get those terminal overrides working again as well. They are dropping, so save em for later.

what drops duct tape?...and do they have the ego matrix...in game forgot the other one's name

what drops duct tape?...and do they have the ego matrix...in game forgot the other one's name

Rip duct tape from an item from the level 5 comp vendor at Somerled.

Also, nix on the guaranteed analysis. Chance of failure is a good thing. And yes I understand how it sucks to fail an analysis (especially back in live when you had to win/loot at least three DG's before you could map and build a 200% one), but I think the benefit of having chance based outweighs the loss of the item. It's a driving element and keeps the game interesting.

Rip duct tape from an item from the level 5 comp vendor at Somerled.

Also, nix on the guaranteed analysis. Chance of failure is a good thing. And yes I understand how it sucks to fail an analysis (especially back in live when you had to win/loot at least three DG's before you could map and build a 200% one), but I think the benefit of having chance based outweighs the loss of the item. It's a driving element and keeps the game interesting.

+1

But, of course, always walk around the terminal 3 times (clockwise, NEVER counterclockwise) and then do 2 judo kick emotes followed by a guitar solo emote before analyzing. :)

+1

But, of course, always walk around the terminal 3 times (clockwise, NEVER counterclockwise) and then do 2 judo kick emotes followed by a guitar solo emote before analyzing. :)

That only works if you're a solo builder. And even then if you don't time it exactly right you'll end up with a run of 143% CFBs (just ask Aly :P).

I found a better method tho...

1) Find a couple other high level builders and group them.

2) Get someone in the group to preload RNG and randomly build 10 items to flush out the bad rolls. Don't use a max build category (so anyone that only has level 1 devices in addition to a level 9 build should use devices).

3) Now... right as the click of the last level 1 item is clicked, immediately follow up with the click on your analyze/build button.

Oh one last thing, if this is on a Friday, make sure you do the synchronized voodoo dance in the Joves disco room first.

Good luck!

the analyze chances have been raped for a long time now... someone figured that analyzing something has to be death hard... while it has improved a bit... it's still not even close to what it should be imo

Ok so picture this, you finish a big raid, you get something that you can Analyze. You fly back to the base that works best for you, boom the item is gone. Yea it is the name of the game but maybe add in something that can help, or put players through some kind of task to guarantee you are successful at least once.

Many ways to go about this. That or set the chance you have of loosing the item to a set rate for all.

Ok, so picture this. Some whiney little whimp who can't do anything goes and complains that he's to lazy to figure anything out, causing the devs to make everything easier. You've toasted dozens of printable, had to rerun bosses a dozen times just to get an item to drop, and said guy spewing foamy diareah out his mouth gets every item it took you days to collect and pring in one kill, THEN prints every single one of them in one shot. Would that make you feel better? Or would that, as with tanking the required level for mounts in WoW, piss you off? Me, i would certainly not be the former option.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Sounds like you are the kind of player that smashes his keyboard and screen when losing

Which is exactly the kind of player we all love to KS :P

More "win button" requests pls

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I usually compose a few lines of poetry - the quality of which might even rival the Azgoths of Kria - to the station and terminal I'm about to abuse:

Somerled, O fair Somerled! How grey and forlorn are your halls

Thy terminals bear scuffmarks and greasy forehead-prints

Ten thousand Terran Traders, Privateers, and Jennie Seekers all

Let thy lag endure ever on, and may thy terminal work with non-PM components!

Or my personal fave:

Arx Ymir! Your terminals are so dear

My stubby Progen fingers mash thy build key

Of Manes and Brains have I no fear

but should I fail this print,

in my pants I shall pee...

and thy tacky red walls

shall hear my deepest wails.

• Upvote 4

Ok, so picture this. Some whiney little whimp who can't do anything goes and complains that he's to lazy to figure anything out, causing the devs to make everything easier. You've toasted dozens of printable, had to rerun bosses a dozen times just to get an item to drop, and said guy spewing foamy diareah out his mouth gets every item it took you days to collect and pring in one kill, THEN prints every single one of them in one shot. Would that make you feel better? Or would that, as with tanking the required level for mounts in WoW, piss you off? Me, i would certainly not be the former option.

Except this one, I assume the folks here are older who fell in love with this game and missed it's exit. They were pretty young I am sure and should have grown up since Sunset. Some just have not matured or have taken on any personal life responsibilities so they find fun in bashing others verbally not knowing a persons origin they throw out silly words in an attempt to make them selves feel better or make friends with like minded fools.

Or on the other end of the coin, the person who did not accomplish anything in the game previously and is holding a grudge.

you decide

:->

That being said.

for those who really cant read the post and understand it. if you had a ONE shot deal of mapping ONE item you would love it

if everyone mapped everything every time the game would be boring. the game economy would fail and people would not keep there interest.

that is why they call it a suggestion.

• Upvote 3

Well, I have to admit. Failing 4 lvl 3 RR+'s yesterday in a row with lvl 9 build and a Ducttape installed seems a little "off".

After that I tried to rip the 3 components and failed another 3 times to get all three.

It's official... Numiah suxors at teh build.

• Upvote 2

I think that the percentages displayed for analyze chance and critical chance look pretty reasonable. I do wonder if in Emu Faction will have an affect on analyze success, building quality, & price (Toons with Negotiate get that on top of their negotiate bonus, those without just get the price mod based on faction to keep it fair). I think it would be a good thing, and a reason to work up your factions at the places you're most likely to analyze and build. I would think that the difference in build/analyze results for a person barely allowed to land there, vs a person who the station ownership sees in the maximum positive light possible, should be noticable, but not overwhelming.

@Op - I think for emu purposes the current state of analysis (while frustratingly streaky) is pretty good. Again, I can understand the pain of finally seeing a Spite drop and then failing the map, or some other rare mappable drop, but as with most things in this game, *it will drop again*.

In live we had the benefit of the Ego matrix items, Terminal Controllers, Duct Tape, station faction, and according to some folks, grouping bonuses. We don't have those right now, but we'll get there. I think all of those, once implemented, will naturally improve the analysis process such that there wouldn't be a need to do any sort of one-time IWIN analysis mission.

They were pretty young I am sure and should have grown up since Sunset. Some just have not matured or have taken on any personal life responsibilities so they find fun in bashing others verbally

You are now bashing immature people with your maturity. unfair

tell us your secret

• Downvote 1

I think that the percentages displayed for analyze chance and critical chance look pretty reasonable.

looks pretty reasonable? well imo I would rather sleep with a pig that I knew I was gonna score with than someone that looked pretty reasonable that was gonna leave me in a cold shower :)

• Upvote 1

looks pretty reasonable? well imo I would rather sleep with a pig that I knew I was gonna score with than someone that looked pretty reasonable that was gonna leave me in a cold shower :)

No thanks on the Pig, I have to be able to live with myself in the morning.

I'm getting percentages of just under 50 displayed on my JT when she tries to analyze L9 Components. Just less than 1 in 2 as the possibility of the print vs the comp being eaten seems reasonable to me for a L9 comp and TL50 (Her CL and EL are well behind her TL). Haven't tried to do a L9 reactor with her yet (will do as soon as she can get one). My Scout just maxed her build Device skill, will check how she does in the next few days. Now if the percentages displayed are not what's actually happening, then changes should be made.

first of all... the pig is mine... go get your own :)

part of the problem is the testing... it gets very expensive to test... and the last time I brought this up with the mustang engine... the dev team did test it and the results were that analyzing is screwed... and while I am sure it was tweaked... its still basically screwed... the economy, player base size and loot availability as a result really imo does not support such crappy analyze numbers...

funny part is when you look at some of the crap from live that they put back in the game (my opinion on certain game elements that I dont care for)... and had to spend time to do... and then they put in analyze and nerf it... its oh well... Im just gonna build the bare minimum and let others waste their time to sort this out...

So does that mean that the numbers being given for analyze chance at the terminals are not accurate? If so I could see adjusting the possiblity to bring them in line with the chances shown.

I think the devs once mentioned race bonuses on the terminals (small) where Jenquai have best analyze chance, Terrans best chance at 200% quality, and Progen best chance at dismantling. I don't know if those are implemented, but I should probably get my PT on the Somerled-Fenris run, so I can have a max TL toon of each race and compare chances. There may also be differing difficulties in printing some items.

There has to also be room for those items that buff building to be worth having. Scientist's Data Cube, Specialized Build Computer R9, Duct Tape, as well as the overrides are examples of things that immediately come to mind.

hi... srry... i forgot to put that part in... when they did the test they found that the numbers given by the terminal were not accurate and that the actual chance to successfully analyze was much much lower than posted... and also that the chance percent to analyze was too low to start... so basically the results were that we are screwed on both fronts... as I said they did make tweaks after that... but imho... the tweaks still amount to a nerf from live...

I do a lot of building, I feel like the analyze terminal works just fine. I do hate the endless retry thing where you're stuck on the machine for a while but otherwise I think it works as it should.

It makes me feel like I'm actually pretty lucky, considering how many important maps I didn't mess up :)

I do a lot of building, I feel like the analyze terminal works just fine. I do hate the endless retry thing where you're stuck on the machine for a while but otherwise I think it works as it should.

It makes me feel like I'm actually pretty lucky, considering how many important maps I didn't mess up :)

think about that though... your L150 and you have "endless retry"... shouldnt a L4 item be easier to build than that (jk... I dont know the level of the item)... its the devs game in the end and they can make it anyway they want... but lets not pretend that its like live was... it takes long enough and a ton of creds to get all the builds as is... not to mention all the loot only items...

imo (in my opinion, your may differ)... vendor items should be pretty much an automatic I win analyze... its vendor... as for the rest ... how hard should it be... I dont know be my perception is that it should be at least a little better than it is now...