Level 9 beam setup

ok as i am about to hit cl 50 i am looking forward for what i can get.

beside 3 looted non manufacturable beams , I will need two more manufacturable beams .

i looked through the Data base and alot of good options are not aviable ,

(hand of naxiss, controller , mordana , black matter are not in the game atm )

I prefer slow plasma beams as much as possible , and the best option I found was pitbull with 98 dps ?

am i missing a better option ? and if not is it possible to help the jenpies with weapon as good as fish guns for other races ?

thanks .

• Upvote 1

Assuming you're a JD, you currently have the following beams to choose from at level 9 (these were available all through ST4, though some drops may have changed in the last week or so, YMMV):

Non-manu:

Asperity of the Master - 90.5 dps, Energy, 6.0 reload (FB)

Black Streak - 216.67 dps, Energy, 3.6 reload (BBG)

Eye of the Dark One - 78 dps, Plasma, 3.5 reload (FB)

Eye of the Fang Field - 85.87 dps, Plasma, 7.5 reload (Desash)

Glare of Devastation - 139.55 dps, Plasma, 11.0 reload (FB)

Manu:

Emerald Devastator - 133.89 dps (200%), Plasma, 10.8 reload (Controller, no-trade, player PM only)

Golden Dragon Laser San - 129 dps (200%), Energy, 4.0 reload (drop from CL50 Bio-Extractors)

Orange Dragon Laser M9 - 124.13 dps (200%), Energy, 4.0 reload (Joves vendor)

Pitbull Sr. - 99.83 dps, (200%), Plasma, 9.0 reload (FB/PM)

Purple Dragon Laser M9 - 124.0 dps (200%), Energy, 6.0 reload (Joves vendor)

You have 5 different non-manu and 4 true manu beams available to choose from. The one additional manu beam (Emerald Devastator) can only be rebuilt by the player that's going to use it.

Good luck and enjoy mixing them up for buffs and such.

thank you very much for the information .

as far as I know the controller does not spawn any more (please correct me if that is not the case )

so in that case i think i will try

for turbo and awesome dps (i know turbo does not stack but even without it i think its best to equip both).

3 spot left

one i go with 1 enhance beam

Or

EotdO - worse stats (and too fast for combat cloak) . however 30% increase to beam damage

eotff - nicer stats (and lower reload which is good) but only 27% enhance . which make me uncertain , math is too much for me i will have to try both

so two left ,without too much buffs needed , i will just try for harder dps as possible

so it seem either 2xgolden dragons or 2x pitbulls again i will have to try both setups ,

but since i dont have energy weakener i am leaning toward two pitbulls .

anyhow thanks for all the thoughs if any more comments or thoughs would love to hear them

Assuming you're a JD, you currently have the following beams to choose from at level 9 (these were available all through ST4, though some drops may have changed in the last week or so, YMMV):

Non-manu:

Asperity of the Master - 90.5 dps, Energy, 6.0 reload (FB)

Manu:

Emerald Devastator - 133.89 dps (200%), Plasma, 10.8 reload (Controller, no-trade, player PM only)

Golden Dragon Laser San - 129 dps (200%), Energy, 4.0 reload (drop from CL50 Bio-Extractors)

Orange Dragon Laser M9 - 124.13 dps (200%), Energy, 4.0 reload (Joves vendor)

Pitbull Sr. - 99.83 dps, (200%), Plasma, 9.0 reload (FB/PM)

Purple Dragon Laser M9 - 124.0 dps (200%), Energy, 6.0 reload (Joves vendor)

You have 5 different non-manu and 4 true manu beams available to choose from. The one additional manu beam (Emerald Devastator) can only be rebuilt by the player that's going to use it.

Good luck and enjoy mixing them up for buffs and such.

You are missing 2 plasma beams:

Devasting Gaze 10 sec reload manu unique 132 DPS(200%)

Eye of Destruction 6 sec reload manu 135.25 DPS(200%)

greets

Hexergirl

DG and Eye of destruction dont drop, DG lens drops thats it.

not correct, DG is dropping. EoD i must have a look into, don't know atm.

Edit: Eye of Destruction isn't dropping atm.

Someone remembers where he dropped in live?

Could it be it was BBW?

greets

Hexergirl

greets

Hexergirl

Well pre FB nerf when it was soloable, killed zeth and the master proberly close to 100 times doing major farming and no DG drop and no one has said they have seen a drop with the ublic raids now they are harder either.

IIRC, back in live, EoD was a random drop in FB similar to the Bile weapons.

DG drop rate in live was reasonably *high* in that at least one would drop every 3-4 raids. There were droughts of course, and there were odd times when two would drop, so YMMV. (Again, all this is coming from swiss cheese memory from several years ago...)

Edit: Eye of Destruction isn't dropping atm.

Someone remembers where he dropped in live?

Could it be it was BBW?

greets

Hexergirl

Will be looking for a DG to drop in the future, but will be taking this post with a grain of salt until I can confirm it with my own eyes.

Fairly sure the EoD dropped from Nesshix the Hand, who has been removed from the Fish Bowl.

I Started to play a JD but the beam options just are not there. No Ghost edge or DP's in the game yet. As soon as we get some mordana i'll hope to a JD.

I liked those on my JW in live, as well. He often used 2 GE and 2 DP and an EoFF. (that energy conservation on the EoFF was nice on a JW IMO)

GE's might really be nice on a Jenquai Seeker, since she can debuff energy, and that nearly 5K scan range boost on a GE @ 200% quality helps her with her scanners being the least among the Jenquai.

yes I agree Jenquai need some love... once the story advances to the mordana phase we will have a legit place to raid for drops of the defender's doumaru, the veiled oyoroi, the ghost's edge, the defender's pride... as well as crimson force barrier, the vulture reactor, and if the devs feel we are worthy of such fine toys, the CL33 mordana philosopher that dropped the device to summon the ascendant voltoi raid mobs in dahin

I have faith we will eventually have the Intent for the Resolute and the Aspiration of the Faithful :)

okey , so the DG seem not to fall yet on the server , although the FB is raided daily

The Eye of Destruction (L9) - is still missing , with his mob nexis the hand .

and the Jenpies do not have high-end manu weapon like bile / cannon .

any chance of someone looking at it please ?

so we can be abit more balanced .

• 11 months later...
The lack of certain beams from the loot tables starts much earlier than lvl9, leaving Jens with limited choices. My JD relies on PSI shield and with only 4 device slots, would prefer to get a buff from weapons instead. He's almost ready for lvl7 beams but is forced to use a lvl5 Orion because the lvl6 drops in a DEV-only sector. The lvl6 and 7 Hydra dont drop at all. Also the lvl7 ZEM doesn't drop. The other races have many more weapons choices at mid-level than Jens IMO. A little love please.

[quote name='cpwings' timestamp='1299530258' post='35918']
The lack of certain beams from the loot tables starts much earlier than lvl9, leaving Jens with limited choices. My JD relies on PSI shield and with only 4 device slots, would prefer to get a buff from weapons instead. He's almost ready for lvl7 beams but is forced to use a lvl5 Orion because the lvl6 drops in a DEV-only sector. The lvl6 and 7 Hydra dont drop at all. Also the lvl7 ZEM doesn't drop. The other races have many more weapons choices at mid-level than Jens IMO. A little love please.
[/quote]

I have the L6 The Zenshai Energy Motivator Mapped.
For L7 beams PM there are plenty of choices im sure.

Example:
[b]Soulfire[/b]
Unique
2 sec reload
Effects:
Increase shield Cap(6300 base)
Turbo Beam

At the moment I do not have many Beams mapped because i hardly deal with Jenquai except in guild but I would be willing to build ya the above with no problem.

[quote name='cpwings' timestamp='1299530258' post='35918']
[/quote]

The Lion line of beams, L5-L7 are in game, my TW, Toren has them printed. They're plasma, and are pretty good beams for Jenquai at those levels.