[censored] DST

I agree as well. I doubt it was ever of any real use.

Actually the original reason for having Standard and Daylight Saving time was well thought out, it just no longer applies like it did back then. But people are so used to it, changing it would cause a lot of confusion I'd say.

Actually the original reason for having Standard and Daylight Saving time was well thought out, it just no longer applies like it did back then. But people are so used to it, changing it would cause a lot of confusion I'd say.

Nonsense, I say! As Abe Simpson once said - my car gets 44 furlongs to the hogshead, and I likes it that way!

Feh, civilized countries switched to SI with no problem; I don't think disposing of DST would cause much hardship. After all, That Moron changed the dates on it to make it longer, to make it look like he was concerned about the environment. In typical fashion for That Moron, the decision was completely backwards and counterproductive.

for those that dont know what DST was created for:

DST was instituted so that people could get home in time with enough sunlight left to work in their family/personal garden, in hopes that they wouldn't need to dip into the nations production levels of produced food goods, thus freeing up those goods to be shipped overseas to both our own armed forces and our allies during war time. As most government programs..one started its next to impossible to get it ended.

Later, under the pres. Jimmy Carter adminstration there was another push to end DST, but once again like all entrenched governement programs the arguement was made by the pres. that DST would save energy, that government and business wouldnt need to heat,cool, or light their buildings as much. This was also when they added that 55 MPH speed limit temporary, to "save" energy after the crisis was over of course they tried to keep that claiming it was still needed to save lives.

They have since extended DST by 2 weeks on both ends to once again "save energy"..umm guess what? By the governements own "most favorable report" analysis that extension not only didn't save energy it cost more! So hear them trying to end it? No, it's like every other government program, it gives them a form of control over the public that they grow addicted to and can't give up unless the public forces the issue.

So ever hear of "mission creep"? from a temporary voluntary measure to help people garden during WW2 to saving energy in 70s to mandating federal control and regulation of energy conservation in 80s- 90s to failed energy conservation in 21st century...what next? got to keep DST for umm SAVE THE CHILDREN!? :)

Yeah, DST is outdated, but the imperial unit system is ancient...and aggravating. I still have no clue how many ounces are in anything, or how many cups make a quart, or how many hands are in a cubit...