New 'triangular' Progen trade routes

• 7 months later...

I saw in the February Patch Notice a thing about New 'triangular' Progen trade routes. Can someone please tell me what these are? Thanks.

A "triangular" route is one where there's 3 stops...buy goods A at station A, sell at station B, buy goods B, sell at station C, buy goods C, sell at station A, repeat.

I believe there's one betwean Norstrand Vor, Arx Emporos, and Jotunheim.

• 1 year later...
[quote name='Adder007USA' timestamp='1287001493' post='25891']
A "triangular" route is one where there's 3 stops...buy goods A at station A, sell at station B, buy goods B, sell at station C, buy goods C, sell at station A, repeat.

I believe there's one betwean Norstrand Vor, Arx Emporos, and Jotunheim.
[/quote]

Are there any successful trade routes some of you might like to share? There's all kinds of good stuff on TT's and they even have repeatable quests to boost trade and experience. I'm having a more difficult time finding routes for my young Privateer.

The "triangular" routes were a step above in trade in progen space than the next to nothing of live, but they are nothing in comparison to the old live rade routes quite frankly. The only good the new triangular ones do now are "also going" ones, i.e. oh I have missions to location x, might as well fill up since I have to go there anyway.

If you are doing the "have to go anyway" thing..its a good policy for a trader to fill up all the time, for xp or credits even after you have no xp gain. Just be sure to plan a couple of empty slots to cover the mission items if needed.

If you want the current best xp for time spent route...its pluto to earth station, there is only 1 item to take so you can't make mistake in that area :). There really isn't anything to take back, unless you are real low lvl and a L1 item would net you xp, in that case you can stop in on N7 station on way back with news reports frome earth. The xp from the pluto run is great even though its a 1 leg route, and the length of route is much shorter than the highest xp route ( fenris >< somerled) so its better for travel time spent.

When you get so you can do L50 jobs or L105 jobs you can 2 bird 1 stone the pluto run...take combat jobs from pluto and do them on way back from earth, they are located 1 system off from the route you taking so not way out of way. And the 105s from earth you are empty so can do the combat/explore one either one, some of the explore are drop offs in pluto in fact, and the combat is in next system on your way from earth to pluto, so neither do you have to go out of your way.

GL hope it helps.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1322142010' post='48870']
... There really isn't anything to take back, unless you are real low lvl and a L1 item would net you xp, in that case you can stop in on N7 station on way back with news reports frome earth...
[/quote]
Unless they have changed it again, I believe you can also take grain or something from earth to N7 station, which will get you XP for a few more TL's. News from N7 usually also makes a (very small) profit if you sell them at Pluto...

• 3 months later...
There's a route that's somewhat better than Charon<->Earth, if you're not at the jobbing stage:

Charon->Earth [Castor Creature Research Crates IV] 4 jumps
Earth->ABG/Onorom [empty] 3 jumps
Optional: stop at Net7 with [Sol Grain IV] on the way to Onorom
Onorom Prison ->Jot/Arx Ymir [Secured Container V] 4 jumps
Arx Ymir -> Charon [empty] 3 jumps

At Negotiate 4/TL 24, it gives 180% of the xp that the pure Earth<->Charon run gives, and adds only 6 jumps to the circuit.
If you stop at Net7 with Sol Grain, it adds another 30% to your xp for 210% of the pure Earth<->Charon run for 160% of the jumps and twice the stops.

• 4 weeks later...