1 player lvl 150 vs a full group of lvl 150 toons , who wins ?

OK, and holy crap I can not believe I am going to be the voice of reason here! But, I do have a couple of things to add to this diatribe that seems to be going on.

First, can we all just agree that Von is a pri@# and it seems that all of static needs to just grow up a tad and be just a wee less sensitive? See how easy it is. Just repeat it and get over it.

Secondly, Kyp or any other dev's that are following along, I have a question. Is it possible that Whighlighter simply did the most damage of any of those that were present, so thus was awarded the kill? Or does the code actually recognize group dps as a single entity?

Just another thought here as well, if the mechanics of shield sap "are being looked at", why not take a complete look at shield sap and see that it actually works before making changes to it. Group sap features have never functioned. A portion of the sapped shield is suppose to be xferred to the group members, but it isn't. So, please, before taking a wide swing with the nerf bat, and further alienating players, take a look at the full operation of the skill before changes are made.

• Downvote 1

I brought this topic up to get some real answers to a real question, no crying or finger pointing was in my 1st post.. even tho some here want to spin everything and call me names and bring up the past like they know me or what happened is really weird...

we did some testing last nite with various things with a TE and PW and not able to reproduce anything close to the damg able to beat out 6 lvl 150 toons with lvl 9 gear... i'm not saying its not so , we were just not able to do it yet... but we'll keep testing ...

thank you Hexergirl for your post, thats the kind of response i was looking for.

everyone have a wonderfull day .. ;)

• Upvote 3

I may be a bit off on my assumptions since I know nothing of how this game is coded, but I don't think that 51% is some magic number unless there are only 2 people damaging a mob. Let's assume, as in this circumstance, there are 7 people firing on the same mob. Let's also assume that the game credits damage to the players independent of any group that the player is in. I think this is the case, since if you are killing a mob for a mission in a group, only the person who does the most damage gets credit and the mission update.

Now if we have 7 toons all firing at once lets break down some hypothetical damage numbers.

PW1 does 20% of the damage.

PW2 does 22%

PW3 does 19%

TE1 does 15%

TE2 does 17%

TT1 does 4%

JE1 does 3%

In this case, PW2 gets credit for the kill even though he didn't really substantially outdamage the other toons, and he is still far from 51% damage. Plus, like it has been said before 7 level 150 toons all firing on one mob makes for a quick death.

Now if my assumptions about the game mechanics are wrong, please tell me. This is just the way that makes sense in my head.

I may be a bit off on my assumptions since I know nothing of how this game is coded, but I don't think that 51% is some magic number unless there are only 2 people damaging a mob. Let's assume, as in this circumstance, there are 7 people firing on the same mob. Let's also assume that the game credits damage to the players independent of any group that the player is in. I think this is the case, since if you are killing a mob for a mission in a group, only the person who does the most damage gets credit and the mission update.

Now if we have 7 toons all firing at once lets break down some hypothetical damage numbers.

PW1 does 20% of the damage.

PW2 does 22%

PW3 does 19%

TE1 does 15%

TE2 does 17%

TT1 does 4%

JE1 does 3%

In this case, PW2 gets credit for the kill even though he didn't really substantially outdamage the other toons, and he is still far from 51% damage. Plus, like it has been said before 7 level 150 toons all firing on one mob makes for a quick death.

Now if my assumptions about the game mechanics are wrong, please tell me. This is just the way that makes sense in my head.

That's correct, assuming none of the players are grouped. If PW3 and TT1 are grouped, they should get credit for the kill. If that doesn't happen and PW2 gets credit, it's a coding issue with kill credit, not PW2's fault ;)

51% rule is just used as general term to describe kill credit.

Bugged kill credit could also explain why, if grouped, a player has to do the most damage to get quest credit, where it should be credited to everyone in the group on that quest. Where this gets messy is that loot rights work fine in a group as does the XP sharing, so something is pulling the kill credit correctly in some cases.

Just important to distinguish between coding issue and exploit, as those are two totally different scenarios, which is why some dev communication on the cause would be great please.

Also good for people to understand that there are bugs, it's pre-pre-pre(pre?) alpha and that if something doesn't seem right, submitting a ticket rather than jumping to conclusions or going after someone in game is probably a more productive approach. Presented with just "impossible" or "exploit" neglects other options such as "coding problem", "lag", etc.

That's correct, assuming none of the players are grouped. If PW3 and TT1 are grouped, they should get credit for the kill. If that doesn't happen and PW2 gets credit, it's a coding issue with kill credit, not PW2's fault ;)

51% rule is just used as general term to describe kill credit.

Bugged kill credit could also explain why, if grouped, a player has to do the most damage to get quest credit, where it should be credited to everyone in the group on that quest. Where this gets messy is that loot rights work fine in a group as does the XP sharing, so something is pulling the kill credit correctly in some cases.

Just important to distinguish between coding issue and exploit, as those are two totally different scenarios, which is why some dev communication on the cause would be great please.

Also good for people to understand that there are bugs, it's pre-pre-pre(pre?) alpha and that if something doesn't seem right, submitting a ticket rather than jumping to conclusions or going after someone in game is probably a more productive approach. Presented with just "impossible" or "exploit" neglects other options such as "coding problem", "lag", etc.

Indeed...only one problem with this theory Floss, the person in question was wittnessed by several people after, this incedent, killing BBG solo, everyone that saw this said he killed him in 15 seconds or less,they watched him kill muntiple mobs the same way... the people that saw this all agreed that the player killed him much faster than a full group could. And I want to add, since this seems to be an issue with everyone, the group that saw him were from several different guilds.

So no KS involved, no group involved, just single player killing single mob..and TANKING BBG...not moving killing him faster than a full group...theories?

Indeed...only one problem with this theory Floss, the person in question was wittnessed by several people after, this incedent, killing BBG solo, everyone that saw this said he killed him in 15 seconds or less,they watched him kill muntiple mobs the same way... the people that saw this all agreed that the player killed him much faster than a full group could. And I want to add, since this seems to be an issue with everyone, the group that saw him were from several different guilds.

So no KS involved, no group involved, just single player killing single mob..and TANKING BBG...not moving killing him faster than a full group...theories?

Xxiled I don't know what the hell your problem is with me, but stop telling lies to try and help your claim. There is no way ANYONE can solo tank BBG, much less kill him solo in 15 seconds or less. Most of the time I run with the same people.

Now if someone else has aggro on a mob, yes I will get in close and go for MAX dps. But you cannot tank a cl66 solo lol. So whoever your "witnesses" are, and I doubt you even have any since usually the only people after BBG are Static or Voncorp, tell them to talk to me. I'm kind of sick of this shit to be honest, I log in and start getting tells of either "Grats on showing Voncorp!" or "You exploiter!".

And to the poster above, that is the only reason that really makes sense to me as well. I would bet someone in that group had the mission to kill Blackbeard, and it bugged the kill-credit like it does most missions.

In short, stop claiming I do crap I don't, stop sending me tells saying I exploit, asking about me gear, asking what all mobs can be exploited and shit. I had no idea what happened on that kill and I still don't.

And I assume since a 'fix is in the works' you guys could come out and say what the problem is/was and help end this crap.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Im sorry guys, but this thread is starting to remind me of the old EB Portal, things started off innocently enough, but over a short period time EB Portal became a giant flame fest. Im hoping this isnt gonna go in the same direction.

Not going to speculate, Kyp is seeing what's up, so we should let him adress it. I have no idea what happened, wasn't online, wasn't there (bioshock 2 methinks) ;) People bugging Whitelighter should just chill out and let the people with the powers sort it out. Anyone asking him how to exploit stuff or cheat should be p-banned.

/shrug

Not going to speculate, Kyp is seeing what's up, so we should let him adress it. I have no idea what happened, wasn't online, wasn't there (bioshock 2 methinks) ;) People bugging Whitelighter should just chill out and let the people with the powers sort it out. Anyone asking him how to exploit stuff or cheat should be p-banned.

/shrug

/Sign :D

Not going to speculate, Kyp is seeing what's up, so we should let him adress it. I have no idea what happened, wasn't online, wasn't there (bioshock 2 methinks) :) People bugging Whitelighter should just chill out and let the people with the powers sort it out. Anyone asking him how to exploit stuff or cheat should be p-banned.

/shrug

well put

Also have you ever really counted 15 sec it is not as short as you think it is. Really think about it start killing a mob and count.

I'm not saying the mob was killed in 15 sec but after counting it and time it on a stop watch it might be closer then you think. Try it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1