1 player lvl 150 vs a full group of lvl 150 toons , who wins ?

well i got what i was looking for , notice i didnt say anthing about being ks'd or mad or Crying .. lol.. in fact i found the whole thing to be funny.... the reason i posted this was to get certain peeps feedback , and i got what i was looking for , also i never named the person in question . :)

with a full group of lvl 150 players with lvl 9 weps vs 1 player at 150 with lvl 9 weps it is impossible to lose too... but it did happen... nuff said..

;)

I've read a couple posts and it seems you enjoy doing things to "get reactions" out of people. Lable us how you feel, but It's not right for someone that has created so many versions of drama, problems, issues, exploits and just down right rotten play to even be allowed to remain in the game, let alone continue to do things in public forum. It's sad really, I've had really high hopes and have "donated" my hard earned money to this project, hoping of it's success. Though - if players and community members like yourself, that openly admit to "wanting to get a reaction" out of people are allowed to continue play the game, then the path is already chosen for us, it's just a matter of time before we get there.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I've read a couple posts and it seems you enjoy doing things to "get reactions" out of people. Lable us how you feel, but It's not right for someone that has created so many versions of drama, problems, issues, exploits and just down right rotten play to even be allowed to remain in the game, let alone continue to do things in public forum. It's sad really, I've had really high hopes and have "donated" my hard earned money to this project, hoping of it's success. Though - if players and community members like yourself, that openly admit to "wanting to get a reaction" out of people are allowed to continue play the game, then the path is already chosen for us, it's just a matter of time before we get there.

I am shocked at how a simple thread, asking for input from the community concerning an issue of simple "game mechanics" can be met with such hostility. The OP didnt mention any names, it didnt mention any spicific encounter..it simply asked how one single player competing with a group of 6 other players for the same mob..can out gun that group with impunity.

This is not a simple issue, as some would suggest, of "learn to play"..simply put, even 6 "mentally challenged".. ppl in the same group, all lvl 150's 2k distance from a given mob, all with BIS gear and full turbo, plasma debuff and explosive debuff...can or could not be out gunned by a single player....who admittedly doesn't even have a spitter..

I fail to see why Static players are so defensive, except that the single player in question chose to identify himself, and he happens to be a member of static.

Someone please explain to me, the level of hate directed at "Vonbon"...and yes that is the correct spelling, knowingly misspelling his name is an obvious personal insult)...and personal attacks on players in these forums should not be allowed.

The last random act of someone that can't discuss something in a civil manner, is to hurl personal attacks and insults....now that is sad

As to the player in question, several that posted here made feeble attempts to explain game mechanics...so explain this....

How does a single player, or any player for that matter..solo Blackbeards Ghost and kill him, and I repeat, SOLO him and kill him in less than 15 seconds...with a stopwatch..twice?

• Downvote 6

Sorry, I don't mean to be off-topic here, but I just want to say that I was in guild chat when this all happens, and my God was this some funny stuff! I spilled my beer all over my keyboard I'm still trying to clean it all up. Props to my boy Whitelighter, a true testament to standing his ground and acting like a mature EnB player. Vonbon, your little crew is pretty funny, can't wait until im a high cl enough that I can come play with yas

• Upvote 1

I am shocked at how a simple thread, asking for input from the community concerning an issue of simple "game mechanics" can be met with such hostility. The OP didnt mention any names, it didnt mention any spicific encounter..it simply asked how one single player competing with a group of 6 other players for the same mob..can out gun that group with impunity.

It's a blatant back-door KS whine thread. Bugs or potential exploits go in the bug report section, or submit a ticket. Attention-seeking KS threads end up in general. The flames were in the game, calling Whitelighter a cheater/exploiter, etc, and then putting on the BS Mr. Nice Guy facade again.

If someone is killing it in 15 seconds, that's probably something that should be looked into, as that's like 66,000 dps. A screenshot or fraps to show what is happening would be useful for figuring that out, or maybe asking the player about their setup. Heavy ammo volley stacking could be part of that, but speculating = pointless without something to go on.

all i can say is wow ... i came here to ask a question with no adititudes in my post and i get attacked by STATIC ..lol.... i wonder why ?

dude you are clueless of anything about me and should stay away from it and stop the personal attacks...

im gona leave this alone but will defend myself when attacked with posts such as this.... i dont know you and you certainly dont know me ...lets leave it at that..

also as far as the whole CFB thing ? i have no idea WTH ur talkin about ...

wow is right you have no room to talk about cheating or exploits there Von some of us know why you lost GM and i will leave it at that. Static is a great bunch of people who work together to get things done witch is why we were so great in live. Most of us have stayed together though the years and that just shows how strong we still are.. If you would like to talk more about Static PM and we can deal with it.

Seems a lot of personal tension and bias in this thread...

At the end of the day, the better question to ask is, are there server logs of any type to determine the objective truth of the situation?

We all know the UI doesn't properly show every single tick of damage on a mob, nor are ticks filtered in anyway (so you could be seeing your own or someone else's). Visual *proof* on screen or via FRAPS or whatever isn't sufficient. The only truly correct answer is to ask a GM/DEV type to see if there's anyway to track the actual damage taken on a mob and to verify 100% that the kill was credited properly.

A more constructive way would to maybe schedule a time when a GM or DEV could standby and monitor a live kill to see if there's a bug in the crediting code.

It's a blatant back-door KS whine thread. Bugs or potential exploits go in the bug report section, or submit a ticket. Attention-seeking KS threads end up in general. The flames were in the game, calling Whitelighter a cheater/exploiter, etc, and then putting on the BS Mr. Nice Guy facade again.

Floss, you cherry picked my post quite well, but you didnt answer my last question, I'll reitorate it..

"How does a single player, (without a spitter)even; solo Blackbeard and kill him in 15 seconds or less"?

PS: I stand corrected, I see you did address my question, must have edited while i was posting, i thank you Floss :)

• Downvote 1

Floss, you cherry picked my post quite well, but you didnt answer my last question, I'll reitorate it..

"How does a single player, (without a spitter)even; solo Blackbeard and kill him in 15 seconds or less"?

Don't think he's killing BBG in 15 seconds or less, but he's probably doing more dps in the time BBG is alive than any *SINGLE* player that's also attacking him. If this is the case, then that means kill credit isn't going the group that did the most damage, but simply the player. This premise would make it reasonable for a single player to outdps several groups easily if any of the groups don't have a single person that's got top level dps. I may not be expressing my idea properly, but it is a possibility.

• Upvote 2

My edit was after the fact, but I added that in above. Sorry not trying to cherry pick, and I agree 15 seconds is fishy just based on the numbers.

Easy way to check rather speculate, like Fuulish suggested, have that 15-second person go out with a GM and shoot something to see what causes that kind of damage. I'd guess a large portion would be ammo stacking (multiple volleys strikng at once while moving into range) combined with shield sapping but who knows.

This is not a simple issue, as some would suggest, of "learn to play"..simply put, even 6 "mentally challenged".. ppl in the same group, all lvl 150's 2k distance from a given mob, all with BIS gear and full turbo, plasma debuff and explosive debuff...can or could not be out gunned by a single player....who admittedly doesn't even have a spitter..

I fail to see why Static players are so defensive, except that the single player in question chose to identify himself, and he happens to be a member of static.

Someone please explain to me, the level of hate directed at "Vonbon"...and yes that is the correct spelling, knowingly misspelling his name is an obvious personal insult)...and personal attacks on players in these forums should not be allowed.

The last random act of someone that can't discuss something in a civil manner, is to hurl personal attacks and insults....now that is sad

As to the player in question, several that posted here made feeble attempts to explain game mechanics...so explain this....

How does a single player, or any player for that matter..solo Blackbeards Ghost and kill him, and I repeat, SOLO him and kill him in less than 15 seconds...with a stopwatch..twice?

This was explained Fact is White knows how to play his PW and anyone that has played the PW on ST4 knows that Sap hits for a ton. TEs are great but my guess is as Plamsa is the way to go. You all were using plasma. Well plasma has to tick off. Impact is all at damage in the sec it hit the mob. ad that with sap you have a good chance of getting 50.01% damage. also Missle Delay and distance to mob can add to it.

I think alot of us at Static feel it is funny how Von posted about this. Call it what you will this post was made to whine and call our Guild member out. As i said in my last post we watch out for each other. Also the fact about how shady we know Von can be because of what happened in ST3 and he wants to make this an issue after what he did. nuff said

Static I ask for you all to Stop posting on this and Admin please close this thread I see trouble coming.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seems a lot of personal tension and bias in this thread...

Perhaps not altogether without reason though, unfortunately.

Fame is but for fifteen minutes, sometimes thirty if you are exceptional; but infamy is nearly immortal.

A more constructive way would to maybe schedule a time when a GM or DEV could standby and monitor a live kill to see if there's a bug in the crediting code.

Agreed, - but given the rancor and general sense of ill-will surrounding VonBon, along with some who may have been associated with his guild, and the alleged activities of some staff (no accusations being made here - I do not know who or what items were involved, nor do I particularly care) - for the peace of mind for these players, it would also be as constructive to ensure that the particular GM or DEV called to witness was impartial and free of any taint from the ST3 item granting issues VonBon and VGE were allegedly involved with.

This is childish and juvenile. the blatant attack on one person is outlandish. The things that have been said about Vonbon shows the immaturity of so many people. A simple post that has been turned into an all out battle between guilds has to be stopped. I am an active member of VonCorp and have no qualms with any other guild. I have no clue what has sparked these attacks and find them quite disturbing. I feel that once again people have taken childish actions and resorted to character bashing. If you don't know the whole story of what happened in ST3 you need to shut up, play the game and have fun. No one really knows what happened between Vonbon and why he is no longer a dev. People need to stop putting in their two sense, it happened its done and over with. I personally think that it is a situation that needs to be let go. People need to stop butting into other peoples business, it didn't involve anyone else so stay out. I strongly feel that the attacks need to stop, we are all here to play and have fun, lets leave it at that.

• Downvote 6

This is childish and juvenile. the blatant attack on one person is outlandish. The things that have been said about Vonbon shows the immaturity of so many people. A simple post that has been turned into an all out battle between guilds has to be stopped. I am an active member of VonCorp and have no qualms with any other guild. I have no clue what has sparked these attacks and find them quite disturbing. I feel that once again people have taken childish actions and resorted to character bashing. If you don't know the whole story of what happened in ST3 you need to shut up, play the game and have fun. No one really knows what happened between Vonbon and why he is no longer a dev. People need to stop putting in their two sense, it happened its done and over with. I personally think that it is a situation that needs to be let go. People need to stop butting into other peoples business, it didn't involve anyone else so stay out. I strongly feel that the attacks need to stop, we are all here to play and have fun, lets leave it at that.

Actually read Marco and Af_vet's blogs and you will know what happened.

• Upvote 1

No one really knows what happened between Vonbon and why he is no longer a dev.

No one? Really? Gosh, I'd think there would have to be at least one, no?

Gosh, it's funny really, with such a small player base compared to Live how the drama is rapidly being ratcheted up to almost match what I remember. Go Team Drama!

Some folks in this community care way too much about what others are doing (right or wrong) and not enough about moving forward and creating a stable, reasonably bug-free and enjoyable game.

Folks... please ask yourselves honestly. Do you harbor any ill feelings toward certain members in the community? If you do, will this cloud your ability to communicate and post objectively? Again, if so then please just restrain yourselves from posting in direct response to these people.

The worst thing for everyone is to have threads that may actually serve some bug tracking/fixing purpose cluttered with personal attacks and drama. Regardless of the conduct of the players involved, if this was posted by anyone else in a different context, I'm willing to bet that the responses would have been a lot less heated and a lot more constructive.

Some folks in this community care way too much about what others are doing (right or wrong) and not enough about moving forward and creating a stable, reasonably bug-free and enjoyable game.

Folks... please ask yourselves honestly. Do you harbor any ill feelings toward certain members in the community? If you do, will this cloud your ability to communicate and post objectively? Again, if so then please just restrain yourselves from posting in direct response to these people.

The worst thing for everyone is to have threads that may actually serve some bug tracking/fixing purpose cluttered with personal attacks and drama. Regardless of the conduct of the players involved, if this was posted by anyone else in a different context, I'm willing to bet that the responses would have been a lot less heated and a lot more constructive.

I dont care what anyone does, until it affect my experiance in the game then it becomes of interest to me.

As for the your next question, I dont keep it a secret that I dont like the majority of Voncorp. I've had too many bad experiances with their members personally. And even though it sounds childish (even to me) I knew this thread was coming, but I actually expected it to be started sooner, and I took precautions so I would be ready. I knew they would try to turn this into another Voncorp is wonderful and never does anything wrong, and some jerk exploited to take our candy.

Voncorp openly tried to bash me in-game last night, whined on the forums (lets face it, that is all this thread is over) and STATIC was brought into it. Any guild worth its salt is going to post to defend its members when they know the member didn't do what he is being accused of.

Bottom line though, I'm done discussing this with them. Had they ASKED me instead of telling the server I cheat/exploit, I would have given them SOME info about how I did it MAYBE. they can sit here and make all the wild accusations they want, I know the truth and the other guys in STATIC know the truth. All that matters to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I dont care what anyone does, until it affect my experiance in the game then it becomes of interest to me.

As for the your next question, I dont keep it a secret that I dont like the majority of Voncorp. I've had too many bad experiances with their members personally. And even though it sounds childish (even to me) I knew this thread was coming, but I actually expected it to be started sooner, and I took precautions so I would be ready. I knew they would try to turn this into another Voncorp is wonderful and never does anything wrong, and some jerk exploited to take our candy.

Voncorp openly tried to bash me in-game last night, whined on the forums (lets face it, that is all this thread is over) and STATIC was brought into it. Any guild worth its salt is going to post to defend its members when they know the member didn't do what he is being accused of.

Bottom line though, I'm done discussing this with them. Had they ASKED me instead of telling the server I cheat/exploit, I would have given them SOME info about how I did it MAYBE. they can sit here and make all the wild accusations they want, I know the truth and the other guys in STATIC know the truth. All that matters to me.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, but was just making a general comment about those folks that chose to pipe in with irrelevent comments about things that have no bearing to the original question. Look at it like this...

If a group of Static members (and you guys know how to play, and are quite well geared) lose a mob kill credit to a solo player, no matter how well geared he is, wouldn't that make you sit there and ask yourself, is there something wrong with the system? If it's a solo 150 PW with max gear versus a mixed group with vendor lvl 8s/9s, then yea maybe... But applying a little bit of common sense to it... A solo 150 shouldn't be able to get the credit kill on a contested mob if he's up against a full group of lvl 8+ weps. Just look at the gear.

Some of the arguments for why it might happen completely gloss over the fact that is smells like a broken mechanic or game/skill imbalance. I just think the issue bears looking into objectively as it may affect others on the server in adverse ways.

I just have a question: Someone mentioned that Whitelighter brought down the mob in 15 seconds, so are they trying to say that once VonBon's team saw White was damaging it they all withdrew? I can probably see 7 OL 150s bringing it down that quick. If White managed to do 51% of the damage gratz to him/her, but unless VonBon's crew stopped firing when they saw White doing damage, bringing up a 15 second kill doesn't make any sense to me. But what do I know, as you can see by my sig I'm not at OL 150 on any of my toons and I haven't played in a while because of some real life problems.

If you're adjusting Shield Sap (my guess), please don't play with the healed amount and make the skill useless :P

That won't be the only thing, but we'll keep all that in mind, we don't want to skill to not be worth using :P

If a group of Static members (and you guys know how to play, and are quite well geared) lose a mob kill credit to a solo player, no matter how well geared he is, wouldn't that make you sit there and ask yourself, is there something wrong with the system? If it's a solo 150 PW with max gear versus a mixed group with vendor lvl 8s/9s, then yea maybe... But applying a little bit of common sense to it... A solo 150 shouldn't be able to get the credit kill on a contested mob if he's up against a full group of lvl 8+ weps. Just look at the gear.

This actualy happened the night before to us with a TE from vonbon, although we all pretty much had max gear, the KS system sometimes screws up damn Ive been able to KS my alt when a mobs at 31% damage some how it just bugs out sometimes...but we dont come crying to the forums about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2