Jenquai Seeker

So why not take away build weapons? First of all, pretty much every class that uses ammo maxes build weapons to make their own ammo. So the number of weapon builders is through the roof. Second, JD can build weapons, so at least 1 jenquai class can be a weapon builder. And there is really no reason to build for other people since we can't build any good projectiles, so you are pretty much stuck with building missiles and beams.

So why not take away build weapons? First of all, pretty much every class that uses ammo maxes build weapons to make their own ammo. So the number of weapon builders is through the roof. Second, JD can build weapons, so at least 1 jenquai class can be a weapon builder. And there is really no reason to build for other people since we can't build any good projectiles, so you are pretty much stuck with building missiles and beams.

Why wouldn't a JT want to make her own beams? Or make beams for other Jenquai? Not to mention, she could also make the actual launchers in addition to the ammo for missile launchers, so it's not like that skill is without use. Not to mention a Seeker can make beams for less money than a Defender, due to the Negotiate skill.

Why wouldn't a JT want to make her own beams? Or make beams for other Jenquai? Not to mention, she could also make the actual launchers in addition to the ammo for missile launchers, so it's not like that skill is without use. Not to mention a Seeker can make beams for less money than a Defender, due to the Negotiate skill.

I understand that. I built a seeker to make beams for my other Jenquai toons, and after putting 10 points into it I realized that those were wasted points. Once I got to beam level 4+ I realized I would only use that skill maybe once every few weeks, depending on how much I leveled CL. It was much easier to just find another weapon builder to make my beams for me.

Plus, There are so many missile builders already that having build weapons for missiles on a jenquai is kinda pointless, as far as server need goes. The fact of the matter is, in order to give seekers build reactors we have to take away either engines or weapons. I just think that most people would miss weapons the least since most jenquai aren't concerned about making ammo.

Also, as it stands, we rely on JE's to build our reactors without the negotiate skill, so why not rely on JD's to build beams without negotiate? Not that we would really rely on them, though, since any TT can make the beams we need too. This can't be said about reactors.

Now, we could just get the build drones skill and this would all be moot. :)

I understand that. I built a seeker to make beams for my other Jenquai toons, and after putting 10 points into it I realized that those were wasted points. Once I got to beam level 4+ I realized I would only use that skill maybe once every few weeks, depending on how much I leveled CL. It was much easier to just find another weapon builder to make my beams for me.

Plus, There are so many missile builders already that having build weapons for missiles on a jenquai is kinda pointless, as far as server need goes. The fact of the matter is, in order to give seekers build reactors we have to take away either engines or weapons. I just think that most people would miss weapons the least since most jenquai aren't concerned about making ammo.

Also, as it stands, we rely on JE's to build our reactors without the negotiate skill, so why not rely on JD's to build beams without negotiate? Not that we would really rely on them, though, since any TT can make the beams we need too. This can't be said about reactors.

Now, we could just get the build drones skill and this would all be moot. :)

There are even more missile users than missile builders, given that Scouts cannot build their own. There is also a greater demand for weapons than reactors. Most players only need 2 reactors, on a toon at any given level. One for combat (more cap/recharge or specific buffs), and one for Travel, A Kraken or Unicorn, depending on level. Even a JE at max level needs at least 3 weapons built. If the warp cap returns, it may also be possible that some high end chars not need a travel reactor, being able to reach said cap on their travel engine, and a L8 RR+ or L8 Laz, depending on the cap, their engine tech, and whether or not they have Navigate. TBH if a JT has to lose a build skill, I would pick engines, over Weapons, since there is more demand for the latter than the former, or even reactors. BTW if we do get Build Reactors on the JT then there is a Jenquai reactor builder with Negotiate.

Additionally any builder is only as good as the prints they have analyzed. Build Drones could very well fall under build Devices, or it could be a separate stand alone skill. If it's a stand alone skill, I wonder if classes that use drones, most likely JEs, have to put a drone launcher in a device slot, or if they get a separate type of slot for their drones.

There are even more missile users than missile builders, given that Scouts cannot build their own. There is also a greater demand for weapons than reactors. Most players only need 2 reactors, on a toon at any given level. One for combat (more cap/recharge or specific buffs), and one for Travel, A Kraken or Unicorn, depending on level. Even a JE at max level needs at least 3 weapons built. If the warp cap returns, it may also be possible that some high end chars not need a travel reactor, being able to reach said cap on their travel engine, and a L8 RR+ or L8 Laz, depending on the cap, their engine tech, and whether or not they have Navigate. TBH if a JT has to lose a build skill, I would pick engines, over Weapons, since there is more demand for the latter than the former, or even reactors. BTW if we do get Build Reactors on the JT then there is a Jenquai reactor builder with Negotiate.

Additionally any builder is only as good as the prints they have analyzed. Build Drones could very well fall under build Devices, or it could be a separate stand alone skill. If it's a stand alone skill, I wonder if classes that use drones, most likely JEs, have to put a drone launcher in a device slot, or if they get a separate type of slot for their drones.

I think that the demand for each is equal. Everybody needs weapons and everyone needs reactors. The amount per character, I feel, is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you need 5 weapons or 3 weapons, you usually aren't going to different builders for each weapon. So 1 builder, depending on what they have analyzed, can provide each player with however many weapons they need.

My thoughts just come from experience on the server. Many times I see people asking in market channel for reactor builds for hours sometimes. Same thing with engines, but that's probably because some builders think it is a useless build skill. But as soon as someone needs some O-guns or X-bows/rifles, they can usually find a builder within a matter of minutes.

I think that the demand for each is equal. Everybody needs weapons and everyone needs reactors. The amount per character, I feel, is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you need 5 weapons or 3 weapons, you usually aren't going to different builders for each weapon. So 1 builder, depending on what they have analyzed, can provide each player with however many weapons they need.

My thoughts just come from experience on the server. Many times I see people asking in market channel for reactor builds for hours sometimes. Same thing with engines, but that's probably because some builders think it is a useless build skill. But as soon as someone needs some O-guns or X-bows/rifles, they can usually find a builder within a matter of minutes.

Depends on whether you need a 3 or more common weapons, vs 1 common reactor and one rare one. If you're a Ken'Shao, and you just hit CL50, what's going to make the JT/TT more money? The 5 Beams (minimum), that he needs to buy or the 2 reactors? If he's getting his last reactor, he likely already has a Travel reactor since the Unicorn doesn't come in L9 (Unicorn II Stallion is L8), and he just needs his Cygnus 9. Where's the JT going to make more money, selling 1 Cygnus 9 or selling 5 Defender's Prides? (Assuming that the JW doesn't bother with a set of Energy beams as well) If he's getting a rare reactor, why would one not compare him getting one of the rarer weapons?

Oh, and I don't think build engines is useless, I would just think that Build Weapons is the better of those 2 builds. If not for skill point limits, I would build both on my JT along with Comps.

• 1 month later...

now JS dont have negociate 7....

True, it was changed with the addition of Build Reactor & Fold Space. IMO it was a good tradeoff. JT is now better off than she was before.