• Bogeril
    • Chavez
    • Red Dragon
    • Unknown (V'rix)
    • Renegade Progen
  2. 2. Would you join them?

• Yes.
    • No.

I remember, back in Live, the Infinity Corp *hated* my TT. I always wanted to be affiliated with the Red Dragons, so that anyone who targeted my ship would know.

Obviously, if we made it easy, it would just turn into another WoW achievement, so it, naturally, would have to be hard. A combination of effects. First off, I'd make it so that you had to be really far in the negative... like -5k faction points. And atleast one 'opposing' faction (such as teh Chavez, if you're going for the RD)

Let's not forget the mission, this is the most important part. Let's face it, until you have done something MAJOR for them. These missions shouldn't even become available until you've gotten the L135 hull upgrade. Frankly, it should be almost impossible to do until youve gotten to L150, and maxed out your racial weapons. It should also be something that you almost have to get a full party to do reasonably. I mean, beating Blackbeard's Ghost is something you do for a quest anyways, and alot of people can solo him, so there'd have to be somehting bigger. I mean, almost making a new boss kind of big.

Anyone who wants to flame this, remember. It's just an idea. Anyone who wants to put in suggestions, feel free. :blink:

Love that idea, and its been discussed under various forms before... on the old forums sadly.

I disagree that you should have to be 150 to do this kind of thing. You should be able to do it at any level with appropriately scaled missions if you can manage the faction levels. But it should be a very involved, tedious mission nonetheless, on top of the faction farming to qualify for it. Such a change should have ENORMOUS negative impacts with the faction you leave. For example, if as a TT you decide to leave infinity and affiliate yourself with a non-terran faction(shouldnt be so bad with terran factions.. or should it? depends on story/timeline) , you should not be unable to dock at infinity corps stations until you do a re-affiliation mission (again tedious and with faction requirements) regardless of how good your faction gets.

So a TT that has decided to renounce Infiniti cannot dock at infiniti stations even if he has +10k faction.

There were missions to rejoin your affiliation for Sha'ha'dem, and Sabine in live. Their Compulsory Contemplation, and Call Forward skills required being affiliated with the Sha'ha'dem & Sabine respectively. If the other 4 classes from live had received their affiliation skills, there would have likely needed "atonement" missions for them as well as well.

Also, if you were to drop your faction, for the class you joined, below +2000 you got booted from your faction. Not certain, but getting booted from your faction would affect both your standing with the faction you got booted from, but also their friends/enemies.

Love that idea, and its been discussed under various forms before... on the old forums sadly.

I disagree that you should have to be 150 to do this kind of thing. You should be able to do it at any level with appropriately scaled missions if you can manage the faction levels. But it should be a very involved, tedious mission nonetheless, on top of the faction farming to qualify for it. Such a change should have ENORMOUS negative impacts with the faction you leave. For example, if as a TT you decide to leave infinity and affiliate yourself with a non-terran faction(shouldnt be so bad with terran factions.. or should it? depends on story/timeline) , you should not be unable to dock at infinity corps stations until you do a re-affiliation mission (again tedious and with faction requirements) regardless of how good your faction gets.

So a TT that has decided to renounce Infiniti cannot dock at infiniti stations even if he has +10k faction.

The reason i'm saying to have it be atleast 135 is that, if YOU were the leader of the red dragons, would you want some from an enemy faction trying to defect with out the full monty? One thing to not consider them your enemy anymore, but a whole other story to put your name to them. What's the point, if you're a guerilla warfare contingent, to have an enemy defector try to join you with no information and almost no ability to hit the broadside of the barn? And, more importantly, as the defector, are you going to turn on your allies with out taking everything they'll give you before you leave? I mean, if you're a L25 TT and you go more than -2000 points neg, you would not be able to dock at Somer. You'd be stuck at your L10 hull upgrade until you went back up at least neutral, and that's just a pain in the butt.

• 3 weeks later...

I had great RD faction back in live, and I'm all about being a [Drunken] Pirate %) but It'd be cool to join the Chavez. "Hola diablos, como esta? Our music plays, but not for you!" Great scripted dialogue and mob vs. mob battles back in live.

Heck, bring back the Montagues across the "ailse" of Odin Rex from the Chavez. They'd have huge scripted battles raging all the time like back in original beta. That was fun stuff.

I had great RD faction back in live, and I'm all about being a [Drunken] Pirate %) but It'd be cool to join the Chavez. "Hola diablos, como esta? Our music plays, but not for you!" Great scripted dialogue and mob vs. mob battles back in live.

Heck, bring back the Montagues across the "ailse" of Odin Rex from the Chavez. They'd have huge scripted battles raging all the time like back in original beta. That was fun stuff.

+5

Chavez and Montague and Talons, oh my!