Fishbowl

58 members have voted

1. 1. Have you killed a mob in the fishbowl grouped or not

• Yes
    • No

Ok, I did tons and tons of FB Raids both public raids and with Merchant Marines. I also did many Tada-O Gate raids and here is the deal.

As far as I remember when they put the Fishbowl in they removed the Tada-O gate raid and all items that dropped from the Tada-O gate raid dropped in the FB in addition to the new loot. It took a minimum of 30 very competent and maxed players to complete the FB. The standard was 36 = 6 full groups. The groups HAD TO BE balanced. 1 TT, 1 JD, 1 JS'er (PS/JE), 3 damage dealers (PW/TE/JD). PW and TE were preferred as there was no way to keep a JD alive they would get 1 shot killed. The way it worked is upon gating the JD would warp to the very edge of the sector use a telescopium (or just know where the safe spots are) as far from the mobs as possible. The JD would summon the rest of their group to them. After that the JD, TT, and JE (if not a PS) would stay there the damage dealers would warp out and targets would be called over the raid channel. 1 target to be shot by all groups. As soon as a damage dealer was hit ONCE the JD would summon the person back to the TT and the TT would immediately start recharging. YES L9 shields were 1 shot killed if they were not summoned and healed fast enough. Many of them showed up back at the TT dead at which point the JE would JS them or the PS would come out of the fight and JS them.

However, the main reason that I see now why it seems harder is that plasma damage currently in the game (unless it's changed in the last day or so) does NOT tick off it hits all at once. This was the reason players were summoned back on the first hit (which by the way would take 1/2 their shields) if the JD / TT team was fast enough they could catch the person before the 3rd tick and recharge the shields as the ticks went off until the damage was done and then fully repair.

On a side note our guild went and did a Fishbowl on Sunday fairly successfully with less than a full group and I don't believe anyone in group was 150. How did they do it? They buckled up and sighed off the initial XP debt and tried different TACTICS. Once the tactic found that worked all went well.

You may not remember me, but I was the FB raid leader for Omega Corps, also on Andro. One of the other controller rotation large guilds. And as far as everything you wrote here, youre dead on except for the tada-o gate. You could spawn it normally and run just the gate, but no one ever did after FB content was added. Other wise the 5-6 full balanced groups with jd's pulling and je/tt for JS heals with PW and TE basically being yo-yos was exactly how it was done.

If people are able to do this version of the FB with anything less than 4 groups, it has been NERFED if nothing else. FB was by far the hardest raid EnB ever had.

Also like to add - I was a fuller ubered maxed out PW. The Master was a one/two shot kill. Period. (if you got three shotted, some angel was watching you, his attacks were like 150k absolute damage)

Edited to say one/two cause i just realized as a PW with 82k and 114k.... oh nevermind, you get the point XD

Fishbowls used to be pure carnage, but it was loads of fun. :)

In ST3 I could solo any boss in there with my PW and that's obviously not quite how it was in live. Not only would you die almost instantly in live but the bosses also had very high resistance to damage, in particular the master who it was virtualy impossible to kill without debuffing him even if you had 6 well geared groups fighting.

//Wex

2 shots from master i can go with 1 shot never. i played the best if not 2nd best PW on the server i had all AA's turbo's deflect devices and i used them all. i remeber doing one of the 1st ones and i think there my be a vid somwere on it. When i got hit by the master it took incoming hits of 2 shot before i really started hitting my hull. and that was ontop of other mobs or minions hitting me too. as it stand a minion lvl 61 not 66 can 1shot though 54k shields and 64k hull total of over 118k per shot. That is nuts and as it stands i had heared and seen people with 100K+ shields and hulls of 100K+ be 1shot by the same lvl 61 minion not master or boss. call it plasma tick or a stait shot but the never hit that hard. Even the controller witch i think was one of the hardest to figure out because you had to switch ammo and kill off certin mobs before even touching the controller never hit like that and he was lvl66 and dropped the best gear.

Think of it this way. Right now the mobs are not grouped up like there were in live and spawned 6 or so at a time with boss. if you took the mobs we have right now grouped them up like in live it could not be done.

2 shots from master i can go with 1 shot never. i played the best if not 2nd best PW on the server i had all AA's turbo's deflect devices and i used them all. i remeber doing one of the 1st ones and i think there my be a vid somwere on it. When i got hit by the master it took incoming hits of 2 shot before i really started hitting my hull. and that was ontop of other mobs or minions hitting me too. as it stand a minion lvl 61 not 66 can 1shot though 54k shields and 64k hull total of over 118k per shot. That is nuts and as it stands i had heared and seen people with 100K+ shields and hulls of 100K+ be 1shot by the same lvl 61 minion not master or boss. call it plasma tick or a stait shot but the never hit that hard. Even the controller witch i think was one of the hardest to figure out because you had to switch ammo and kill off certin mobs before even touching the controller never hit like that and he was lvl66 and dropped the best gear.

Think of it this way. Right now the mobs are not grouped up like there were in live and spawned 6 or so at a time with boss. if you took the mobs we have right now grouped them up like in live it could not be done.

1 shot for JD, 2 shot for TE/PW was what I was getting at. (it felt like more than one shot cause of the plasma ticking. each hit was like 150k, some DoT plasma, some absolute - the hits from the master himself had ticks of over 25-40k) And I was right up there with ya, I remember the top PW's. Which one were ya if I may ask.

Nvida also i posted this in another tread to help the devs but i will post it here

this vid shows a seen from live were a TE is being hit by a fishbowl mob and shows the ticks of damage. these ticks were no were near enough to kill you in a few ticks is also shows deasha the Plauge getting owned easy by a PW and not taking much damage at all even with shield inversion. there is someone group with him but you get the point of how much damage the mob is really doing witch is not much at all. there is a few other things it shows if you watch it but a god video from the live server.

Went into the Bowl last night to tank/dps for Alyseria and Cia. Max-lvl PW, Max deflects (140k shield with buffs, and max HDC) I was one-shot 3 times by the master. The rest of the time he would take around 3/4 of my shield per hit. Sometimes all 140k of it, sometimes I'd have ~40% left of it.

With his roughly 2-3 second 'reload' time on damage, if he took 3/4 of my shield 95% of the time, I think it would be balanced. A few "oh crap" hits of more than that would be ok, but not every other fight. That would balance it and require 2-3 healers depending on who was tanking.

Also if it is going to remain in this difficulty range, they drop rates need some adjustment. Something good should drop NO LESS than every other kill. And all the drops should be there to make it fair, worth-while for all classes to go.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Went into the Bowl last night to tank/dps for Alyseria and Cia. Max-lvl PW, Max deflects (140k shield with buffs, and max HDC) I was one-shot 3 times by the master. The rest of the time he would take around 3/4 of my shield per hit. Sometimes all 140k of it, sometimes I'd have ~40% left of it.

With his roughly 2-3 second 'reload' time on damage, if he took 3/4 of my shield 95% of the time, I think it would be balanced. A few "oh crap" hits of more than that would be ok, but not every other fight. That would balance it and require 2-3 healers depending on who was tanking.

Also if it is going to remain in this difficulty range, they drop rates need some adjustment. Something good should drop NO LESS than every other kill. And all the drops should be there to make it fair, worth-while for all classes to go.

confirmed, yesterday's fishbowl raid was a success :) 3 groups - 135+ hulls. need a little more loot dropping, to make it worth the xpdebt, but was a great turn out. :)fb.jpg

post-3677-12685010021708_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
The original Tada-O gate raid was outside in normal space, it was a timed event, you killed the L10 mob and out came the spawns. It was storylined, the Tada-O scientists failed to check other side before opening, the map shows the result (big fast ship, wrecked research vessel, ruined gate complex etc.), The tadao gate took 3ish groups 135+ balanced to do. It ws in before the looting rights fix etc. was put in and there was ninja loot problems.

Then they put in what became known as the Fish Bowl, it took a device manufactured by players to act as a key, the recipe was aquired from Harvey (npc residing near gate), this event was not dependant on the L10 mob spawning/time. When the key (fish hook) was used it opened a gate to "unknown space" and pulled Harvey in. At that point ,players could gate in and assemble, they spawned near Harvey, he became a nav/beacon. in approx. 10-15? min the gate became closed from outside, the raid had begun and no ninja looters could get in, only those that were grouped in a raid got in, if someone ripped off the loot the raid boss knew who and could out them.

Loot rights were instituted, prohibiting ninja looters, the FB was altered, up until the time the final boss was killed people could enter the unknown space. After the boss was downed Harvey was pushed back out, and access to unknown space would take another key to enter, thus those that weren't in the raid space before boss died couldn't get loot allocated to them (no alt feeding, no noob feeding) exiting was a one way affair.

The timed event was later refered to as either "Tada-o" or "mini FB" and was used either by smaller guilds for loot access or by groups as training/tactics exercises. The mini FB had far fewer drops, less quality, and not the uber "master" series of loot. The gate event was approx 1/3 the difficulty and hit about 1/3 etc. so a large number of groups of <135+ could do it, or several 135+ groups could as well.
Does this help clarify for people? :) Edited by Mattsacre
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...