Fishbowl

58 members have voted

1. 1. Have you killed a mob in the fishbowl grouped or not

• Yes
    • No

Just wondering. I went into the fishbowl today and wow found that it was crazy hard I had heard the talk about it, but never went in to see how bad. I have a lvl 122 PW lvl 8 shields full damage control, Ivory ward. In other words i should be able to hang in some shiz. Anyway i found that i was 1 shot from a lvl 61 from like 6 k away. this is nuts. This would mean any Jennie would be 1 shot easy everytime. I would like to know if this is going to be changed anytime soon. I can see making some changes to make it a little more hard but come on. Change the drop rates. leave the range on but lower the damage back to what it was so they can't be kited. Give them more shields. anything but this. Also i would like to point out that what made the gate somewhat hard was not the damage or range the fish had but was the fact they spawned in like 6 to 8 mobs and 1 boss all at the same time. if you did not kill off the 1st wave the next wave spawned anyway. if you were unable to do it you would see 50 fish floating around.

To fix this raid should not be hard and should make for a good stress test in itself. Kill harvey triggers fish to spawn in waves if the waves of mobs are not cleared in X amount of time the gate despawns.

Rant off

Now my question. Has anyone been able to kill a mob in the fishbowl????? my guess is no. If my pw can be 1 shot then that tells me even with lvl 9 shields 1 shot will get into my hull 2 will kill and other classes not made to tank will get 1 shot. This is based on a 61 not even a 66.

Last nite our guild took a full group with 2 PW's , 2 TT's , 1 JE and 1 TE . We tried the master and got our butts handed to us .... but was able to do pretty much everything else in there with some tatics...( gona take at least 2 if not 3 groups to get the Master )

i have no problem with the changes in there cuz it was to EZ, no one should be able to go in there and solo or kite to begin with... its almost like Live was as far as damg goes... i think the Devs are trying to return that area to the way it was intented ( GROUPS )and they are not far off... i cant wait until its just like live was , when it took 5 to 6 good groups to complete from ourside cooper gate to inside the FB....

my 2 cents :)

• Upvote 1

Last nite our guild took a full group with 2 PW's , 2 TT's , 1 JE and 1 TE . We tried the master and got our butts handed to us .... but was able to do pretty much everything else in there with some tatics...( gona take at least 2 if not 3 groups to get the Master )

i have no problem with the changes in there cuz it was to EZ, no one should be able to go in there and solo or kite to begin with... its almost like Live was as far as damg goes... i think the Devs are trying to return that area to the way it was intented ( GROUPS )and they are not far off... i cant wait until its just like live was , when it took 5 to 6 good groups to complete from ourside cooper gate to inside the FB....

my 2 cents :)

not true well at least the stuf about live. You could solo the gate. if you had a TE or TT that had a low sig and could get in range to pull the mob. I know because i did this many times before people found they could tank the gate with enough people. Heck if you had a low enough sig a te could sit and kill without kiting the mob why a JD would looted.

Just wondering. I went into the fishbowl today and wow found that it was crazy hard I had heard the talk about it, but never went in to see how bad. I have a lvl 122 PW lvl 8 shields full damage control, Ivory ward. In other words i should be able to hang in some shiz. Anyway i found that i was 1 shot from a lvl 61 from like 6 k away. this is nuts. This would mean any Jennie would be 1 shot easy everytime. I would like to know if this is going to be changed anytime soon. I can see making some changes to make it a little more hard but come on. Change the drop rates. leave the range on but lower the damage back to what it was so they can't be kited. Give them more shields. anything but this. Also i would like to point out that what made the gate somewhat hard was not the damage or range the fish had but was the fact they spawned in like 6 to 8 mobs and 1 boss all at the same time. if you did not kill off the 1st wave the next wave spawned anyway. if you were unable to do it you would see 50 fish floating around.

To fix this raid should not be hard and should make for a good stress test in itself. Kill harvey triggers fish to spawn in waves if the waves of mobs are not cleared in X amount of time the gate despawns.

Rant off

Now my question. Has anyone been able to kill a mob in the fishbowl????? my guess is no. If my pw can be 1 shot then that tells me even with lvl 9 shields 1 shot will get into my hull 2 will kill and other classes not made to tank will get 1 shot. This is based on a 61 not even a 66.

Umm I think you all are talking about 2 different things here…

(going preface this with … its been what 5-6 years so my memory may be a little fuzzy, and as for experience in this…those from Galileo can vouch that I ran multiple FB events among others so I do kinda know what I am talking about)

The harvey event occurred in the zone and the Fishbowl event had its own little area. These are NOT the same thing.

The Harvey event on the outside was one that did not require anything beyond shooting Harvey to begin, did not take 6 full groups or whatever, could be done with 3-4 fairly easy and was more like an easy turkey shoot if every one was maxed or close and had a clue. The loot was substantially less than the FB event in both quality and quantity.

The Fishbowl event took materials to create a fishhook and everything in order to summon/begin, had its own zone / instance area, and required 6 (or more – seems like it was more, I cant remember) full groups of maxed lvl 150 players with the right class balance and tactics and max lvl pm gear available. The loot was substantial as each wave boss dropped stuff and the end boss dropped lots of stuff, and was the best in the game, barring one or two other equal lvl events that also dropped comparable loot.

Sydokun…it sounds like you are talking about the Harvey event which is NOT the fishbowl (FB) event. Now from what little I heard, I didn’t think the FB was implemented or available at this point, not to mention I would be surprised if there were enough max lvl people on or around that could be mustered for that or any of the other big raids. Not to mention, trying an end raid event and not being maxxed out seems to me a little silly, I mean there was a reason they were END game content. Also, you can correct me if I am fuzzy here, but I thought lvl 150 brought a new hull upgrade and I thought lvl 9 shields were substantially larger then lvl 8 (+50% or 100% larger), not to mention the lvl 9 devices should help a lot in mitigation as well. So while you might get toasted as a lvl 122 with lvl 8 shields, you could take multiple hits as a lvl 150 with lvl 9 shields and devices and other equipment. Also, the point of these raids was TEAMWORK…one of the things that this community always seem to have in spades. The point was that you would take big hits, but your healers would juice you up so you could keep going, and in general JE’s didn’t fight – they are a SUPPORT Class, not a front line shoot em class…they primarily jumpstarted you, and acted as markers so you could be pulled out and repaired and healed before you went back in, their low sigs helped to prevent them from getting hit.

In the Harvey event you didn’t need as much coordination. You just had all the groups stack relatively on top of each other and then you beat on the fishies until the mini boss or final boss spawned and then you collected your loot and went on your way. This was definitely meant to bridge the end level gear to the fishbowl and as an extra entertainment that did not require as much time or coordination as the fishbowl did.

In the FB event, the fight required a lot more coordination and planning. You often had 2-3 triage areas set well back in the corners away from the fight to facilitate the repair and healing of the fighters, with the JEs working as go betweens. The JEs and to some extent the PE would warp into the fight to a dead person to jumpstart them, mark them as ready to get repaired, the JDs would pull those jumpstarted folks back to the triage areas and the TTs healing/repairing before the PWs and TWs would jump back into the fight. With the advent of three basically new classes, this dynamic might be modified some, but basically the FB event will probably be much the same. If you don’t have max classes and max gear and lots of coordination, the event will just chew you up and the fishies will eat you for lunch.

Ok well if I left something out or got something switched around let me know but hopefully this will help clarify / clear things up. Regardless, doing any end game event when you ARENT maxxed out, well you should expect the results to be less than stellar, expecting anything else is just silly.

Ps... your poll, I think, is incorrect at least as far as what you are talking about

• Upvote 1

Yes i go into talking about the harvey event but that is only because all mobs for both harvy and FB are currently grouped in together and should be split but that is somthing that can happen down the road. As for me currently being 122 and going in. There were lots of people that helped with the gate lvl 100+ in live. I had done it many times and i had never been 1 shot killed. The gate was not hard to do and the mobs were not that hard. The big thing was that you had soo many spawn at once that they would overwelm you if you did not kill the spawns fast enough. 1 v 1 they were no harder then any other mob other then the bosses had more shield. Had they all been able to 1 shot lvl 8 shields and hull then there would be no way to take it down. I do not beleave 150 would be that much differnt after talking to lots of others that were 150 and killed. JD's JE's, JT's would not have a shot in heck to live seeing as how at 122 i already have more hall and shields then them plus damage control.

As for my question i don't think that it is really possable to take down mobs in the FB.

Raids in live were my life. Static was the best raiding guild out there. we were the 1st to take down pretty much everthing and at the current state of things the FB is nothing more then a death trap. The item damage rates are so muffed up that even if you did manage to kill a few mobs here and there your items would loose half there %.

I too would love to see it how it was in live but as it is it's no were close.

I feel that yes there needed to be some changes but to force grouping and make the mobs so hard you don't stand a chance is too much.

lower drop rates or group up bosses with minions to mak it harder.

just my 2 cent

ps yes in live you could solo mobs from the gate by kiting them.

The Harvey event took place outside the fishbowl and was called the tada o gate raid, the fishbowl event happens in an unknown sector that you have to gate through after completing the fishhook thingy (LOL)

as far as the mobs are too hard, JE are support calss and was indeed 1 shotted in live TE can kite but the mobs had all sort of skills they used on the players, in live the FB raid took atleast 6-8 groups.

I am adjusting the mobs all the time but I am not going to lower the shield, damage or range at this point.. I have lowered the skills and removed most of the summon from the FB mobs

I am playing with the skills to see what they are doing etc....

High health or lots of mobs is good.

One-shotting players with lvl 9 shields is a bit dicey, unless it's clear that you need X resist items prior to tanking (more like a WoW flame resist tank, etc).

Forcing a PW for example who is tanking to be properly buffed and equipped for defense is a neat idea, assuming he can effectively keep agro :P

Hard but fair is important, though 6-8 groups based on current state and population might be a bit high, 6-12 players should be a reasonable expectation.

Also to Sydo's point, I've had items lose 14% dmg in one "oops". This could probably be looked at before we get too crazy with wiping raid parties.

Von and his people tested it. I'm in the guild, I listened to their discussions. It ain't too hard, Webby. One group thinking about tactics can get to the big boss? That's not too hard. Three groups needed to take the big boss? Sounds about right, since we've got so many less people than in Live.

It's up to you, you know, but this sounds exactly like the right level of difficulty to me. Before the change, I was watching people solo and duo the fishbowl without any difficulty whatsoever. That's absurd to the point of being utterly broken. You go right ahead with what you're doing, Webby. I, safely esconced below level 100, will sneer at my superiors who are used to being unstoppable.

In live, the best groups could do it with 30 Players. That was with every combatant having >90 turbo and everything else at the "uberest" of levels. 36-48 players was the average. More than 60 players caused lag.

I used to be on Orion server. The first attempt involved around 68 players and was slaughtered at the 5th (out of 7) bosses. I was in the second wave. We took 110 people. 25 crashed gating. 30 were dead by the time their graphics loaded. The 5th boss had not despawned to we were fighting the 1st and 5th bosses at the same time.

Killed Aren'Zael, Zethren-ti and a few others just yesterday with a group composed of a TE, PP, TT, JD didnt really have any problems except for crashing to desktop a couple times during a kill. We had to use some tactics, not just tank and spank but it wasnt difficult to figure out.

RE: Soloing the Gate

Now I know for a fact (as I used to solo the outside tada o gate) they eventually nerfed that behavior and gave all the gate guardians extreme scan range beyond the range of any Terran missile. It was that way at first, but later on this behavior was stopped because of complaints. :P

The damage multipliers inside the fishbowl will probably be adjusted eventually to more accurately be like live when we can do much more complex mob AI.

not true well at least the stuf about live. You could solo the gate. if you had a TE or TT that had a low sig and could get in range to pull the mob. I know because i did this many times before people found they could tank the gate with enough people. Heck if you had a low enough sig a te could sit and kill without kiting the mob why a JD would looted.

this was only doable for the 1st half year of live after that there was noway u could solo tadao gate raid since it would have summoned u...i know i tried it after they patched it in live with a TE with 0.0 visibility

And as for the the 1st comment NO NO NO in live requirements for FB were lvl140+ for all classes but je and jd since a je was all the time cloaked for js and jd was at safe spot with a tt to summon partymember if they were about to die...so ya when ur using lvl8 shield u will die for sure..alot of je's who did jses in live can tell u that since they also died often..i dont think for now they should make it as hard as live which i think isnt the case since from wot ive heard its only the bosses inside no minions,but im not sure how it is now.

this was only doable for the 1st half year of live after that there was noway u could solo tadao gate raid since it would have summoned u...i know i tried it after they patched it in live with a TE with 0.0 visibility

And as for the the 1st comment NO NO NO in live requirements for FB were lvl140+ for all classes but je and jd since a je was all the time cloaked for js and jd was at safe spot with a tt to summon partymember if they were about to die...so ya when ur using lvl8 shield u will die for sure..alot of je's who did jses in live can tell u that since they also died often..i dont think for now they should make it as hard as live which i think isnt the case since from wot ive heard its only the bosses inside no minions,but im not sure how it is now.

true i know this was patched i was using this as a refrance to how hard the mobs hit and could be kited out.. also yes again about the FB but even a JE could take a few hits before death. as it is now it is a 1 shot deal.

All i'm saying is with the amount of people on uping the boss mobs to this lvl of damage is too much they never hit this hard in live. the best way to solve this would be to make it more like live and group a good amount of minion around the boss and give it summon from like 5k and give the minions speed so the can no be kitted. lower the damange down and let the 7 or so minions do there job of ganging up like they us to. to kill would not take to much like 3 full groups of 150's but you would not be able to do it solo.

also on a side note Deasha the plauge never had shield recharge and was always able to be soloed even at lower lvl. infact i even remember there were 3 spawn points for him. PB was not that rare of a drop same with reaver. Just wondering why this boss was edited to be harder.

Dev's really not bashing anyone here just asking questions and trying to give insite to what i can remember so far thanks for the info you have given. As i always say you will never know anything is wrong if no one says anything.

• Upvote 1

The Harvey event took place outside the fishbowl and was called the tada o gate raid, the fishbowl event happens in an unknown sector that you have to gate through after completing the fishhook thingy (LOL)

as far as the mobs are too hard, JE are support calss and was indeed 1 shotted in live TE can kite but the mobs had all sort of skills they used on the players, in live the FB raid took atleast 6-8 groups.

I am adjusting the mobs all the time but I am not going to lower the shield, damage or range at this point.. I have lowered the skills and removed most of the summon from the FB mobs

I am playing with the skills to see what they are doing etc....

:P:)

• Upvote 2

Umm I think you all are talking about 2 different things here…

(going preface this with … its been what 5-6 years so my memory may be a little fuzzy, and as for experience in this…those from Galileo can vouch that I ran multiple FB events among others so I do kinda know what I am talking about)

That's how I remember things back on Gal. Like you say, it's a long time ago but I ran multiple FB raids with both my JE & PW and it's amazing what you remember with a little refresh:). B)

My JE would sit cloaked and warp in to prep JS. Inform my group I was activating JS and be ready to pull that player out of the war zone for regen/repair/buff. He also did lots of debuffing on mobs and buffing of players inbetween. When it was the final showdown of a wave it was a case off shoot the hell out of the mob and drop it fast.

My PW would hit hard whatever the primary target was, if he was going down it was either warp back to the perimeter party for repairs and rebuff or if he went down i'd await JS as mentioned above and get back in the action asap.

Those were the :)ys :D

It is obvious the damage multipliers on the fish need to be adjusted. Being 1 shot by a lvl 61 mob with lvl 9 shields is just wrong. It's great that the devs want to bring the Tada-O gate back to how it was in live but you have to remember that we probably had 10x the amount of people we have now so it should probably be scaled down a bit. Anyways that is just my opinion.

Ok, I did tons and tons of FB Raids both public raids and with Merchant Marines. I also did many Tada-O Gate raids and here is the deal.

As far as I remember when they put the Fishbowl in they removed the Tada-O gate raid and all items that dropped from the Tada-O gate raid dropped in the FB in addition to the new loot. It took a minimum of 30 very competent and maxed players to complete the FB. The standard was 36 = 6 full groups. The groups HAD TO BE balanced. 1 TT, 1 JD, 1 JS'er (PS/JE), 3 damage dealers (PW/TE/JD). PW and TE were preferred as there was no way to keep a JD alive they would get 1 shot killed. The way it worked is upon gating the JD would warp to the very edge of the sector use a telescopium (or just know where the safe spots are) as far from the mobs as possible. The JD would summon the rest of their group to them. After that the JD, TT, and JE (if not a PS) would stay there the damage dealers would warp out and targets would be called over the raid channel. 1 target to be shot by all groups. As soon as a damage dealer was hit ONCE the JD would summon the person back to the TT and the TT would immediately start recharging. YES L9 shields were 1 shot killed if they were not summoned and healed fast enough. Many of them showed up back at the TT dead at which point the JE would JS them or the PS would come out of the fight and JS them.

However, the main reason that I see now why it seems harder is that plasma damage currently in the game (unless it's changed in the last day or so) does NOT tick off it hits all at once. This was the reason players were summoned back on the first hit (which by the way would take 1/2 their shields) if the JD / TT team was fast enough they could catch the person before the 3rd tick and recharge the shields as the ticks went off until the damage was done and then fully repair.

On a side note our guild went and did a Fishbowl on Sunday fairly successfully with less than a full group and I don't believe anyone in group was 150. How did they do it? They buckled up and sighed off the initial XP debt and tried different TACTICS. Once the tactic found that worked all went well.

• Upvote 2

Ok, I did tons and tons of FB Raids both public raids and with Merchant Marines. I also did many Tada-O Gate raids and here is the deal.

As far as I remember when they put the Fishbowl in they removed the Tada-O gate raid and all items that dropped from the Tada-O gate raid dropped in the FB in addition to the new loot. It took a minimum of 30 very competent and maxed players to complete the FB. The standard was 36 = 6 full groups. The groups HAD TO BE balanced. 1 TT, 1 JD, 1 JS'er (PS/JE), 3 damage dealers (PW/TE/JD). PW and TE were preferred as there was no way to keep a JD alive they would get 1 shot killed. The way it worked is upon gating the JD would warp to the very edge of the sector use a telescopium (or just know where the safe spots are) as far from the mobs as possible. The JD would summon the rest of their group to them. After that the JD, TT, and JE (if not a PS) would stay there the damage dealers would warp out and targets would be called over the raid channel. 1 target to be shot by all groups. As soon as a damage dealer was hit ONCE the JD would summon the person back to the TT and the TT would immediately start recharging. YES L9 shields were 1 shot killed if they were not summoned and healed fast enough. Many of them showed up back at the TT dead at which point the JE would JS them or the PS would come out of the fight and JS them.

However, the main reason that I see now why it seems harder is that plasma damage currently in the game (unless it's changed in the last day or so) does NOT tick off it hits all at once. This was the reason players were summoned back on the first hit (which by the way would take 1/2 their shields) if the JD / TT team was fast enough they could catch the person before the 3rd tick and recharge the shields as the ticks went off until the damage was done and then fully repair.

On a side note our guild went and did a Fishbowl on Sunday fairly successfully with less than a full group and I don't believe anyone in group was 150. How did they do it? They buckled up and sighed off the initial XP debt and tried different TACTICS. Once the tactic found that worked all went well.

Not to be rude really but what!!!

The Tada-O gate raid was never removed.

If you got 1 shot with a lvl 9 shield then what is the point of a TT when there would be nothing to recharge. you would be dead.

JD's did pull for buffs and to help save anyone who was about to die. but also some did fight i know because i had a JD and did manage to hang in.

How you would take damage was from many mobs hitting at once not a solo 61 1 shotting you.

FB raid could be done with about 5 groups 6 was better but it could be done with 5

Tada-O could be done with 3 groups. Was a pain but could be done. Static did this many time before there was a public uprising and we had to share the gate.

No matter how it was in live though fact is that the number really are not there for this raid to be full scale. lets do some math

250 avg for the server

about what 50 to 60 of those are max

out of those lets say 55 about 30 are dual boxing

witch leave maybe 2 or 3 groups non-dual boxing

now add in time zones for them to be on and want to take damage on there uber accounts

witch mean to me at least raid need to be scaled down to were say 110ish or higher account can help out in some way so you can get numbers to them.

i'm in no way saying my number are right just guessing.

to me having a chance at uber gear at this stage keeps the game and testing fun. once the wipes are gone then it can be scaled up as needed. plus the amount of damage you take to items really needs to be tweaked 6% loss from one death to any item is nuts. in live i died a ton learning how to take down the controler. i think i may have lost about 6% between all items added together and that was over mayber 50+ deaths.

Nice, that’s a more detailed accounting than I could recall but sounds accurate me. Fishbowls were so fun, cant wait to see them again…

Now keep in mind, I didn’t start playing the game until maybe 4 months before the sunset announcement was made so I only got maybe 9 months in or so before they closed the game down. However, I do remember doing Harvey raids up until the end, and I vaguely remember that it was something they either implemented/added back in at the end or maybe I just didn’t do them until close to the end…lol I don’t recall that well, I just know that we were killing the fish and doing Tada-O raids at the end on our server. (man I really need to go back and look at my screen shots and refresh my memory.

Anyway, bring em back. I bet given another month or so we could muster enough for a fishbowl. :-)

ps...i do remember many a warrior being summoned in only to have their hulls pop a few seconds later at the recharge/repair group. That, and warping all over the dang place as a JE trying to save as many as possible during the hectic craziness of waves, and praying not to get hit so I could save as many as possible.

All I know about the FB is, lag, graphics lag(had a bad computer at the time), and trying to follow raid leaders' directions with all that lag,typing /creditkill, people being surprised a PS could JS them, and getting my FotM in lotto, that is all. Oh and I managed to terrify the master once (3 times in a row IIRC) that was awesome. Did I mention the lag? I went on a LOT of FB raids, but I know nothing more of the FB. So FB should be new experience for me now that we can (presumably) try it relatively lag-free.

Not to be rude really but what!!!

The Tada-O gate raid was never removed.

If you got 1 shot with a lvl 9 shield then what is the point of a TT when there would be nothing to recharge. you would be dead.

JD's did pull for buffs and to help save anyone who was about to die. but also some did fight i know because i had a JD and did manage to hang in.

How you would take damage was from many mobs hitting at once not a solo 61 1 shotting you.

FB raid could be done with about 5 groups 6 was better but it could be done with 5

Tada-O could be done with 3 groups. Was a pain but could be done. Static did this many time before there was a public uprising and we had to share the gate.

No matter how it was in live though fact is that the number really are not there for this raid to be full scale. lets do some math

250 avg for the server

about what 50 to 60 of those are max

out of those lets say 55 about 30 are dual boxing

witch leave maybe 2 or 3 groups non-dual boxing

now add in time zones for them to be on and want to take damage on there uber accounts

witch mean to me at least raid need to be scaled down to were say 110ish or higher account can help out in some way so you can get numbers to them.

i'm in no way saying my number are right just guessing.

to me having a chance at uber gear at this stage keeps the game and testing fun. once the wipes are gone then it can be scaled up as needed. plus the amount of damage you take to items really needs to be tweaked 6% loss from one death to any item is nuts. in live i died a ton learning how to take down the controler. i think i may have lost about 6% between all items added together and that was over mayber 50+ deaths.

I said as far as I can remember. It is very possible Tada-O gate raids were still in after the Fishbowl was implemented however, for whatever reason I don't remember attending anything other than Fishbowl raids after the Fishbowl was introduced (this could have simply been because Tada-O held nothing I needed).

If you read my post you would understand that right now when a mob does plasma damage you get it in ONE HIT. Meaning that it is very possible the mobs in the Fishbowl that people are complaining about have the correct damage but it does not tick off in smaller amounts like it did in Live. You get it all at once. I don't think people are taking this into account.

Also when you have a group with a JE / PS I can guarantee your resistances were buffed FAR beyond anything you would have solo as a warrior. I've recently found with many people venturing into playing the Terran Scout that have never played an explorer before they have no clue these devices even existed because when mentioned they go "oh wow cool I didn't know about those" when anyone who played a PS or JE at high levels and grouped a lot considered them essentials.

So again. Before you say that the master couldn't have 1 shot you in Live take all his plasma ticks and add em up. I'll bet he could have if he shot you and it hit all at once because I know for a fact when someone got hit the first time we would pull them out because if we left them in with 1/2 - 3/4 shields and they had been hit by one of the named mobs they would be dead by the 3rd or 4th tick of plasma damage.

(Edit) I should probably mention that my Fishbowl experiences have been as a PS, JD, and TT. So I had experience in all of those capacities. Also if a JD was shooting it better have been the secondary JD for that group because I know in the groups I was in it was the JD's sole purpose to summon players taking damage. The reason for this is if the person simply warped back to the TT whatever mob was agro on them would continue to be agro and follow them all the way back to the TT's and enter the reason so many TT's got loads of debt...

(2nd Edit) Sorry I also forgot to mention a JD's secondary job was to use that huge scan range and as soon as mobs started coming to the support part of the group the JD would warp off to the other side of the Fishbowl and summon the TT to a new safe spot.

Honestly, Fishbowl raids were awesome and fun BUT they kept the players very very very busy and yes lag was horrible your best friends became shortcut keys and forget your mouse unless there was no way to avoid it.

(3rd Edit) Keep thinking of something I left out when I re-read my post. I'm not saying that the Dev team should keep the Fishbowl at a 6 group level or that it should be kept so nasty considering plasma damage from mobs is not working correctly. What I am saying is those people who are saying "it wasn't like this in live" need to consider all the factors. The only difference very well may be that plasma damage is not behaving properly.