Operating System Poll -

What OS do you use to play EnB on?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. What OS do you use to play EnB on?

• Windows 7 (64 bit/multi-core CPU)
    • Windows 7 (64 bit/single core)
    • Windows 7 (32 bit)
    • Windows 7 (XP mode)
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows ME
    • Windows 98SE
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 95 (!!)
    • Windows NT
    • Any other non-typical Windows version not listed above (please specify)
    • MacOS using BootCamp on Intel Processor
    • MacOS using VMware or VirtualBox (please post guest Windows OS)
    • MacOS running Parallels
    • Linux using WINE, Qemu, or some flavour of virtual machine (post guest Windows OS as applicable)
  2. 2. Is your OS currently patched to the latest current Service Pack (for the Windows OS, host or VMware guest OS)

• Yes - I am running the most current service pack for my OS(es)
    • My OS is updated beyond the original OEM/installed OS, but is not current.
    • My OS is the stock OEM/out of the box install - no updates
    • I have no clue... computers skeeer me bad, and my (sibling/significant other/worst enemy) installs all my stuff for me.

Was running Win7 Pro x64 on an Athlon 64 X2. Unfortunately my motherboard died on me last night, so I've decided it's time to build a new system.

Parts are ordered and should be here Thursday.

i7 860

Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD5

2x2Gb Corsair

Intel X25-M 80Gb SSD

850W Corsair PSU

Antec P193

Gonna re-install Windows 7 Pro on the new system.

I can't vote as my setup isn't listed: Mac OS X running Parallels (VMWare and VirtualBox honestly suck, and I've never been able to get either to work nicely compared to parallels). And everything is up-to-date.

EDIT: voted, ty :blink:

dual boot.

Win 7 64 bit to make full use of the i7 and the 8Gb mem.

Xp 32 sp3 for the gaming. I still get better/smooth game experience with XP because of the better supported drivers.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit fully updated, Q9650, 8GB ram.

Side note when I initially setup net7/enb did not and still have not with updates encountered one single problem getting the game to run and only crashed twice until I made a Terran Scout yesterday and encountered all sorts of crashes and even a net 7 failure while playing.

Voted as Win XP SP3 fully updated - main PC.

But also running Win 7 64bit Multi-core on my laptop, poor gfx support on the laptop though.

Not dual boxing at this time, it's just so I can have access to EnB when I am away from home.

Well since my other computer died a couple of weeks ago. I had to pull my old computer out of the closet at the moment Im using a Sony Vio P3 866 with 512MB of Ram with a Voodoo video card cant remember which one.

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.091208-0542)

BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/09/08 09:44:36 Ver: 08.00.14

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 3326MB RAM

Page File: 1795MB used, 5071MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

• 2 weeks later...

Win7 Ultimate 3.5ghz Quad Core 8gb Ram 1tb hard drive 1gb Geforce

Game seems to run very nice and smooth with great FPS. Except for the occasional crash while gating or docking :D

Win7 Pro

Intel Core i7-920 @ 4.06 Ghz (Water-cooled)

12 GB DDR3-1600

ATI Radeon 4850 X2

:P

Just built this beast a few months ago, runs EnB like a charm.

Win7 Pro

Intel Core i7-920 @ 4.06 Ghz (Water-cooled)

12 GB DDR3-1600

ATI Radeon 4850 X2

:)

Just built this beast a few months ago, runs EnB like a charm.

you must have a ton of processor lag with so little ram :P

maybe you can try clocking it a little faster...

oh and is it just me or what is up with win7 "deathmode" well thats what I call it... when the computer goes to sleep it gets so quiet it seems like its off... for some reason I dont recall other ms os's getting so quiet in sleep...

oh and is it just me or what is up with win7 "deathmode" well thats what I call it... when the computer goes to sleep it gets so quiet it seems like its off... for some reason I dont recall other ms os's getting so quiet in sleep...

In win7 it shutdown and only have power to the memory, so in fact the computer is "almost" turned off.

And i have:

Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit

8GB DDR2-1066 (running in 800Mhz)

AMD Phenom X4 9550

2x nVidia 8800GT in SLI

• 2 weeks later...

Commodore Amiga 2500HD with PC bridgeboard (386). :)

Seriously though, I'm putting my old emachines 366I2 back together (win98 512Mb ram) for some old games. I think I'll see how it runs EnB again (it's the system I had when EnB came out). If it's faster than my wife's Vista machine, I might move her computer and put the emachines on the desk. LOL

Commodore Amiga 2500HD with PC bridgeboard (386). :)

Seriously though, I'm putting my old emachines 366I2 back together (win98 512Mb ram) for some old games. I think I'll see how it runs EnB again (it's the system I had when EnB came out). If it's faster than my wife's Vista machine, I might move her computer and put the emachines on the desk. LOL

It might be time to make the jump to XP. :)

I've thought about nuking the vista install and going back to xp on it, but I only own 1 copy of xp, and I'm using it on MY computer. Besides, I'm relearning programming, and I needed a vista platform to check some of my builds, and I don't really have room on my system for a 2nd os. I'll have to check and see if there are win9x drivers for that motherboard, if so I may go farther back than xp.

Odd thing is win7 ran on her system better than vista, but I don't have the money to buy win7 right now. Maybe if I get my SSD/SSI/SSA approved...

Edited by Gobblu

Windows 7 is a far superior OS to Vista in my opinion, and will usually run better on any modern machine.

Also, you can install a single windows license on multiple computers using their phone activation system. After you go through the automated phone system prompts, just say that you have only installed the license on one computer and it will activate the copy of windows for you. I have done this with several different machines.

Hmm, might have to give that a try. The sound in enb stutters so badly, I shut the speakers off on the vista machine, not to mention it takes 3x longer to gate/undock. Hmm, just remembered I have a copy of xp pro around somewhere, any problems with enb on it?

Edited by Gobblu