Constructive suggestions for improving communication, other factors

[in response to some subsequent posts, not OP]

My suggestion: if any player threatens you with any team member, report that player to THAT SAME team member, record response (SN in game, and PMs are already logged). If there is any substance to the threatening players' threat, go public with it, with proof. If you get no response, report the entire proceeding to ALL team members.

Problem solved.

I don't think we need the inefficiencies of bureaucratic institutes installed in this Emulator.. we have no financial/political/social interests to protect. I hope we can try and keep an efficient, trusting environment here, that will be good for all of us. I know if I was a team member* I'd probably leave if we started mandating devs be put in check by a board of un-involved players (if this board became involved enough to carry weight with the devs, they would quickly be seen by the players as just more members of the team, thus defeating the purpose all-together).

That's all nice for the threatening players stuff, but then what about the (alleged) issues with devs being run off the team by other devs and/or the "board"? That needs addressed more than some silly items in a game that isn't even up yet. And it can't be addressed internally.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you HONESTLY believe that we would have less drama if we had a player board making decisions such as which team members stay on the team?

And that aside, if I were a team member, I would not stand for decisions about my position in the team being made by un-involved players. If i'm volunteering my time for something, I don't want someone who is completely univolved telling me what to do. If this player board DOES become involved enough to hold weight with the devs, then players will just view it as another extension of the team and the entire purpose will be defeated. So non-"internal" adressing of such issues gets a big NO vote from me.

But that's just me. I in no way speak for any emu team members, obviously :blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A board does not get involved at all in day to day decisions. It's used for major items, such as removing a team member, p-banning a player, or offering input on strategic direction. Biggest purpose is just oversight. The project managers still make the calls, but they report to the board ultimately who can chose new managers if so inclined based on concensus.

Stuff like loot tables, xp rates, quest rewards, etc, that's not board territory at all.

It's not added red tape for the sake of red tape and would have minimal impact on the project.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A board does not get involved at all in day to day decisions. It's used for major items, such as removing a team member, p-banning a player, or offering input on strategic direction. Biggest purpose is just oversight. The project managers still make the calls, but they report to the board ultimately who can chose new managers if so inclined based on concensus.

Stuff like loot tables, xp rates, quest rewards, etc, that's not board territory at all.

It's not added red tape for the sake of red tape and would have minimal impact on the project.

Perhaps my poor choice of words, but I was trying to get across that if I was a [volunteer*] team member , I would not be too thrilled about a group of players who do not contribute to the development of the project having the power to remove me & such. If these player DID start contributing so that I wouldn't be so offended by them making decisions, then the players would view them as team members, thus defeating the purpose of "external" oversight.

*Thats key here, because it changes the dynamics of the whole thing compared to a traditional/professional development or other type of team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1