Woes of Gravlink

Is it possible to fix or disable mobs with grav-link skill? It's not working anywhere near close to correctly.

Holy cow, 9K range and the total immobility of the player once hit with it.. Obviously not functioning as intended.

LOL. It might just be... In Live, the Manes were always a nasty bunch.

- Marco

Manes were a pain, especially for JEs, but they were beatable, even for a JE that had 2 Pitt Sr and a Ruby Disruptor. The biggest pain from the perspective of a JE was that I could never use my Ghost's Edge Energy beams (which had nice buffs to cloak, reactor, and scan) while mining in places guarded by Manes, because my weapons actually healed the high level ones, and the lower level ones were immune.

If you had plasma beams, in Live, or other plasma weapons, they were quite beatable. Soloed the L56 Brilliant Manes (as well as the L51 Splended Manes, and L53 Scintillating Manes) in Live multiple times using my JE. Did it with Beams, did it with Projectiles, did not use cloak-fire-cloak tactics (would have resulted in death) used keep my distance, low sig (0.1), coma, chili-popper, ahd frequent use of the Fold Space skill. Worked fine so long as I didn't get Menaced into another mob.

IMO Manes strengths

Energy Immunity

Healed by Energy at high levels

Menace (the CL56 could)

Usually Orefield guardians, so their most likely opponents were explorers.

Manes' Weaknesses

Poor Scan range (their biggest weakness IMO, and why I could kill them with a JE)

Only moderate in terms of speed