Communications

Hi folks,

I just thought to drop and line and let you know, we do hear you about communications. We're actively looking to implement a solution which will make things much easier in terms of communication with everyone, you'll see what I mean soon. Keep your eyes open for it. :P

EDIT:

* Enhancement#1: Developer Tracker - If you'll take a look where you see the tab system above, we now have a developer tracker that will track all the latest answers that are given to players by developers.

* Enhancement#2: IRC Chat - For all those people that didn't have a voice, don't have a microphone, or just prefer text chat. Also, possibly the site of some future event for you guys! Stay tuned!

Thanks,

Kyp

Edited by Kyp
Added enhancement #2
  • Upvote 3

*winces* And then there's that.

I posted some suggestions down below.

**is not directed to u Mneme** :)

Yeah u might have heard us.

But still deleting or hiding posts??

Cannot see the Marco post now.

Now there is a reason why this has happened,

is it cause u guys can't take any critisism on what has gone on or??

Would love to get the whole story why AF_vet and Marco left.

I think there is a bit of envy within the dev group.

That some people actually get something done and others just "ride the wave".

Since we donate to keep it going(i've stopped),

due to alot of crap going on.

**will probably get flamed for raising my voice here**

But someone gotta say something.

so to fan boys:

Donations pays for the server,

so it "IS NOT FREE". http://marco-enb.blogspot.com/ http://marco-enb.blogspot.com/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I DO notice that the post that I read about Marco literally last night, is now gone. So really, WHAT IS GOING ON??? When I joined this in ST3 (reasonably late) everyone seemed to be nice to each-other. Guess the real demon inside is showing, nice going DEVs. "Good job!"

<enter ban/hide/flame here> TVYM!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I DO notice that the post that I read about Marco literally last night, is now gone. So really, WHAT IS GOING ON??? When I joined this in ST3 (reasonably late) everyone seemed to be nice to each-other. Guess the real demon inside is showing, nice going DEVs. "Good job!"

<enter ban/hide/flame here> TVYM!

No one is going to ban you or hid you or flame you here. The simple reasons for these post to be hidden is why put it out there in front of you when someone does get upset and decide to try to take it public to make you angry. We don't want the drama any more than you do. There's no reason for fighting except someone's pride is hurt I guess. Most of this could have been resolved entirely in private amongst the team. Instead of going through what should have been gone through, it was decided to bring this sort of thing public to try to stir ill feelings towards the project.(apparently, we cannot fathom any other reason for it)

Marco's post was hidden because it was attacking people on the team in a public place, that's the only reason. If he had a problem he could have resolved it in private, but chose not to for whatever reason. His tools access was removed because several people on the team stated he told them he was leaving the project. We tried to confirm via PM and he didn't answer so his tools access was removed until he either replied or returned, this is standard procedure to prevent people from just suddenly showing back up and changing things that are considered finalized. When he did return instead of answering the PM he tried to go public and accuse something that wasn't really the case and could have been easily resolved through an answer to the PM.

With Vet, he made some questionable posts and ticket responses to players from the official ticket systems. We (the board) had decided that we would suspend his position until he would come in front of our Board to justify those actions. He got upset and left, nothing more and nothing less.

Kyp

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ah yes.. It's all a tremendous conspiracy againt everyone, and AF_vet/Marco were the greatest, most bestest ever. Just like every other staff member who did something wrong, and had to answer for it (or disappeared without explanation and overreacted to being deactivated).

By all means, everyone in the player base who has no idea what actually goes on, please feel free to jump to conclusions about everything that happens, assume that the entire staff is out to make you unhappy, and that disgruntled people who used to be on the dev team would NEVER lie or embellish things to turn favor to their own side of something.

On the up side, I do get a fairly high amount of amusement from these things. Haha!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

No one is going to ban you or hid you or flame you here. The simple reasons for these post to be hidden is why put it out there in front of you when someone does get upset and decide to try to take it public to make you angry. We don't want the drama any more than you do. There's no reason for fighting except someone's pride is hurt I guess. Most of this could have been resolved entirely in private amongst the team. Instead of going through what should have been gone through, it was decided to bring this sort of thing public to try to stir ill feelings towards the project.(apparently, we cannot fathom any other reason for it)

Marco's post was hidden because it was attacking people on the team in a public place, that's the only reason. If he had a problem he could have resolved it in private, but chose not to for whatever reason. His tools access was removed because several people on the team stated he told them he was leaving the project. We tried to confirm via PM and he didn't answer so his tools access was removed until he either replied or returned, this is standard procedure to prevent people from just suddenly showing back up and changing things that are considered finalized. When he did return instead of answering the PM he tried to go public and accuse something that wasn't really the case and could have been easily resolved through an answer to the PM.

from what I read, he DID try to privately solve it. Apparently tho, he was unable to send PM's because the permission was revoked. Which brings up even more questions about the DEV team... Also, from what I saw, he never tried to stir ill feelings towards the project that weren't already there. Go figure. Ah well, so many things I want to say, but I'm not one to go off on a 5 page essay on what's wrong here.

Ah yes.. It's all a tremendous conspiracy againt everyone, and AF_vet/Marco were the greatest, most bestest ever. Just like every other staff member who did something wrong, and had to answer for it (or disappeared without explanation and overreacted to being deactivated).

By all means, everyone in the player base who has no idea what actually goes on, please feel free to jump to conclusions about everything that happens, assume that the entire staff is out to make you unhappy, and that disgruntled people who used to be on the dev team would NEVER lie or embellish things to turn favor to their own side of something.

On the up side, I do get a fairly high amount of amusement from these things. Haha!

you should really just stay quiet and keep to your own advise, I may be a "new" poster, but i've been following this since it's early stages (back when u could barely fly around). I don't just "jump to conclusions."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

from what I read, he DID try to privately solve it. Apparently tho, he was unable to send PM's because the permission was revoked. Which brings up even more questions about the DEV team... Also, from what I saw, he never tried to stir ill feelings towards the project that weren't already there. Go figure. Ah well, so many things I want to say, but I'm not one to go off on a 5 page essay on what's wrong here.

you should really just stay quiet and keep to your own advise, I may be a "new" poster, but i've been following this since it's early stages (back when u could barely fly around). I don't just "jump to conclusions."

When Marco returned he had the exact same rights set as any of you do. Do you receive errors replying to PMs? If so, it's not something we've known about. They seem to work fine. :blink:

Inactive Devs (the user group) have the user level mask of rights.

Hahahah, how cute! You don't jump to conclusions? So you would never assume that you know how long someone else has been around, who they are, or that anyone cares about how long you have been watching the project, eh? I love these boards, hahaha! <3

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

What does any of this have to do with this post? Nothing has anything to do with Kyp's first post here. I keep checking back here to see if there is any update on how they plan on communicating with the community. Lets leave it to that please. I'm all about debating issues but lets not do it in this post!

We've made an attempt at communication recently with the patch notes found in the launcher to tell players what's changed in the last content update.

We've also made a decision regarding how to do bug reports as shown in the bug reporting thread pinned in general discussion.

Players should post all bug reports in the bug report section of the forums, not through the in-game bug reporting system. The in-game reporting system should still be used for making GM tickets though. These tickets are used to request help from GMs for fixing bugged characters, or replacing lost mission items.

if you guys are wondering anything, just let us know. :)

We've made an attempt at communication recently with the patch notes found in the launcher to tell players what's changed in the last content update.

We've also made a decision regarding how to do bug reports as shown in the bug reporting thread pinned in general discussion.

Players should post all bug reports in the bug report section of the forums, not through the in-game bug reporting system. The in-game reporting system should still be used for making GM tickets though. These tickets are used to request help from GMs for fixing bugged characters, or replacing lost mission items.

if you guys are wondering anything, just let us know. :)

In addition to what Kenu's said here, there's another good change that we're looking at too, which is sort of what I was referring to for starters when I made the post. :)

Thank you guys for your willingness to communicate the changes. I appreciate the changes I have seen in the system for communicationg with the community.

I also appreciate your obvious public relation skills in dealing with 'being flamed' on the boards and not lowering yourself to the level of communication pointed at you.

Let the good times roll!

Kudos!

Icepick

The 1st of our enhancements for this is here. If you'll look up above where you find the tab system, you can see the brand new Developer Tracker, this will display recent developer posts so you can be up to the minute on news from the development, or answers to problems!

We're going to continue coming up with better ways to stay in touch and keep you as up to date as is possible. Stay tuned!

• 4 weeks later...

Second enhancement added between last night and this morning. Look forward to chatting with many of you. :) Keep your eyes open for special events, we've been kicking a few ideas around! :)

• 2 weeks later...

One thing you guys could do in the area of communication, is to let players have some kind of notice to sweeping game changes like implemented today. Reinstating faction and closing BBW and Paramis gates unannounced is complete bs.

Sure I can live with it, but the point of this here thread was to keep us informed, and as many failed attempts at faction and resets as we have seen in the past, does not bode well with me that once again you guys implement faction without so much as a peep of warning. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2