Faction question

Should killing Rogue Progen lower Centuriata, Sabine, and Collegia? Wouldn't the Progen race consider them outcasts? Or does it matter the race/class of the toon killing them? I could see the Progen looking upon the rogues as <expletive> but they're OUR <expletive>. Then I could see treating a Terran or Jenquai killing them negatively, while seeing them killed by Progen in a different light. Is that the case here?

I've no idea how that worked, but I was on my PW killing some Rogue Progens trying to loot some xbows... and didn't notice any change to my faction whatsoever.

Personally, I'd say it depends upon which regime is in power - the current regime under Lucius Aetius should look upon the rogues as a rebel faction, which are looking to unseat the Aetius government, and were followers of Anjuren Khan -- they should have a particular dislike of Terrans (re: the 61 Cygni War) and the Sabine (Vinda was a key player in driving the former Primarch Anjuren Khan into retirement).

Therefore, I'd say that killing Rogue Progens should affect faction thusly:

+2 Sabine

+1 Centuriata

+1 Collegia

+1 EarthCorps

+1 InfinitiCorps (they'd really rather not have Progens being a menace in Cygni again)

+1 Terran Alliance (ditto)

+1 Red Dragon (a dead Progen is generally a good Progen to these lot)

-1 Progen Alliance

-1 Sharim Traders (they rather like the idea of feeding Progen and Terrans against each other)

-2 Rogue Progen

0 change to other factions (largely unconcerned with some dissident Progies)

I was killing some low level ones in Lagarto with my JT, and got the following changes, per kill. (I may have overlooked some changes)

Positive Faction:

Anseria

Red Dragon

Chavez

Unknown (V'rix)

Negative

Sabine Explorers

Collegia Traders

Centuriata Warriors

InfinitiCorp Traders

Renegade Progen

No Change:

EarthCorps Warriors

Terran Alliance

Progen Combine

Sha'ha'dem Explorers

Sharim Traders

Shinwa Warriors

Bogeril

TBH if it stayed this way, I would wait until Jobs were implemented and use these to improve both RD and Chavez. Now that I think about it, I like those adjustments for killing them. I can Job or do missions to keep up the factions that killing these lower, and kill them to raise factions that I can't raise by jobbing. Especially since I really don't see much negative in having the Rogue Progen hate me any more than they do at the beginning of the game.

Edit: I noticed when I logged my JT out and back in the Anseria faction reset to 0.0. Was +8.0. Didn't notice any changes elsewhere. The ones I killed were near the Rogue Progen Outpost.

Renegade Progen have faction and there are different rules here, they are fanatics. These dissidents of the Progen Republic are uniting the Rogue Progen and Renagade Progen into a formidable force, sharing a common goal, to change "the ways" of the Republic. So they still are hostile towards traditional enemies of the Progen Republic and the Leadership of the Progen Republic!

[05/03/2010 - Additional, Developer Server amended, next content push. Rogue Progen of CL 10+ given Renegade Progen faction. All Rogue Progen below this CL remain as having normal mob faction (as they had before)]

Renegade Progen have faction and there are different rules here, they are fanatics. These dissidents of the Progen Republic are uniting the Rogue Progen and Renagade Progen into a formidable force, sharing a common goal, to change "the ways" of the Republic. So they still are hostile towards traditional enemies of the Progen Republic and the Leadership of the Progen Republic!

[05/03/2010 - Additional, Developer Server amended, next content push. Rogue Progen of CL 10+ given Renegade Progen faction. All Rogue Progen below this CL remain as having normal mob faction (as they had before)]

So If I understand that correctly, then they ultimately will be a good way to raise faction with both the Progen Republic and their traditional enemies. Or did I misunderstand there, and their hatred for the leadership of the Progen Republic is not returned by the Progen leadership? Even if it's totally different from the way I'm thinking, I see it as a good and useful addition to faction. Thank you.

Edit: upon logging out my JT, and relogging her in, all factions were reset.

I spent from lunch today till dinner time farming chavez in rag. I was at the chavez camp and nav 3 going back and forth, im sure that other players saw me there. My faction was at -7000. I dropped almost 700, my faction then was -6320. I went to eat and logged off, when i came back my faction was back at -7000. My lvl's are 146 , 50 , 46 , 50 so i got no xp from the kills and used a lot of ammo. So what good is working on faction to get into bbw if it just resets....i will never get in. I asked a GM earlyier(who i will leave nameless) what i had to get my faction to so i could get in and all he had to say was "dunno" asked him who would know and he never said anything back. Asked for a GM to pm me to tell them about the faction reset and got nothing. No i dont want to hear "it's free" or "it's a stress test". No i don't need cheeze,or flames, but i'm sure some azz hat will still have something rude to say. I just want to play like everyone else and have fun doing it. Just wanted to tell how my day went.

SO FLAMES ON.......

• Upvote 1

Same thing here. Logged out around 3pm (EDT) today and logged back in around 10 tonight with factions all reset to default values. Was locked in Moto because I didn't have the faction to get use the gate. Thankfully a JE was kind enough to come WH me and someone else out.

Was this a 1-time reset because of the RD gate changes or is there a bug with factions causing them to reset on log out?

I agree. That was baaaad timing for a faction reset. Lotsa ppl went crazy on the mission to get faction for Moto just before you rest it. Besides that, what was the point of the reset? Would have been nice to be warned at content push or something. I spent the last 3 days farming chavez. 8600-3200= 5300 chavez killed in just 3 days. I have the screenshot to prove it too.

If my memory doesn't fail completely, I remember having Glenn faction of +1000 a week or so ago. When doing two missions for Glenn, I raised it to 1500, even after relog. But now I can't find it anymore.

With theses things happening, undocumented and unannounced, I don't give anything about faction until the whole stuff has been fixed and jobs are working.

It makes no sense investing time in things that won't work.

I won't blame anyone for that. After all the game is still under development.

But it surely wouldn't hurt to find some clear statements about the current status of several things somewhere here. Along with infos which update changed what.

Besides being nice to know which things you can rely on and which not, it surely would reduce the constant stream of questions abaut 'is this working now? Is that broken?...'

Antara

Guest Byakhee / Builder / Growlz

Byakhee's Simplified guide to the Emulator

Live:

CLIENT ------> SERVER [OPCODE Message Understood, because it was created by WW/EA]

SERVER ------> CLIENT [OPCODE Message Understood, because it was created by WW/EA]

CLIENT ------> SERVER [OPCODE Message Understood, because it was created by WW/EA]

SERVER ------> CLIENT [OPCODE Message Understood, because it was created by WW/EA]

Etc

Emulator:

CLIENT ------> EMULATOR [OPCODE Message Understood, because developers have discovered what this does]

EMULATOR ------> CLIENT [OPCODE Message Understood, because developers have discovered what this does]

CLIENT ------> EMULATOR [OPCODE Message Unknown - lets try to discover what it does]

EMULATOR ------> CLIENT [OPCODE Message Understood, because developers have discovered what this does]

CLIENT ------> EMULATOR [OPCODE Message Understood, because developers have discovered what this does]

EMULATOR ------> CLIENT [OPCODE Message Unknown - lets try to discover what it does]

CLIENT ------> EMULATOR [OPCODE Message Unknown - lets try to discover what it does]

EMULATOR ------> CLIENT [OPCODE Message Unknown - lets try to discover what it does]

[Work Computer]

I won't blame anyone for that. After all the game is still under development.

But it surely wouldn't hurt to find some clear statements about the current status of several things somewhere here. Along with infos which update changed what.

Besides being nice to know which things you can rely on and which not, it surely would reduce the constant stream of questions abaut 'is this working now? Is that broken?...'

I totally agree. If the faction settings are going to be reset at anytime while devs are working faction probs out that's fine. But tell people that and they won't try and work towards changing them.