A Plea to the devs...(my crybaby rant)

I know I will be flamed and ridiculed for this post, well so be it. From a lvl 150 standpoint, IMO the end game has been ruined.

As in ST3, at least for me, once my main PW has reached 150, its time to work on the "goodies" like a PB and Reaver, then things in the Fishbowl like a FOTM and HOTM etc...For me the biggest fun is creating a couple of alts, in this case a tt and a jd and getting them up to their higher stuff with my end goal in the games current state, to head to Paramis and BBW and work towards all the goodies in those systems. This is pretty much the end game content that I know of, and its very fun and usually a wipe will occur before i get everything Im looking for. Until this past weekend I was working my butt off whenever I could towards that same goal, and then they changed everything. NOW IF THIS WERE LIVE and we had MANY more players to form fishbowl raids and BB raids, then this recent change in the mob difficulty would be a VERY POSITIVE thing, encouraging organized groups of groups collaborating and using an honor system to distribute the "goodies" that drop, one of the biggest things I miss from live. In the games current state, I don't believe there are enough players to even accomplish this. The Fishbowl is pretty un-doable right now. I havent been able to try with a full group because i have NOT been able to find one. After this recent "update" I have gone from someone who races home from work to hop on my pw and get in the bowl and help others level and get "goodies", to someone who logs in and cant find anything to do with my powerful PW. I checked on desash, and 2 players were having trouble kiting him. I offered in broadcast to help, said "I dont need anything from him, Im just bored and want to help". I got no response. Now all the hours I've worked on my PW are for what? Going around begging for something to do?

That's what it feels like now. IT really sucks and I feel like it's too early to up the difficulty on these mobs, and make it so that I have to kill over 7000 chavez or gsp's just to gain access to paramis/bbw where I would need a full group of others to even kill there?

END GAME is ruined for me at least and I emplore the devs, please put it back. At least until there are more players to make it doable?

The game really has become A LOT less fun for someone who has worked hard to get to 150. And all you up and coming players will have a heck of a time getting those wonderful items from the bowl now. And I suspect the 150's you will need to help you get them will be bored and not playing as much either.

Go ahead and flame me...I expect it. But this is real and we should be able to say how we feel. I really really miss the game before this last update-specifically MOB DIFFICULTY INCREASE and the whole prarmis/bbw gate restriction..PLEASE UNDO THIS PLEASE!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Although I understand that raid content shouldn't be soloed, given the population of 150's, it made sense to keep it easy for now for something to do.

I'm not particulary interested in grinding chavez and get p-wiped down the road, nor lose 10% on gear everytime I get blown up in the fishbowl :) (RD faction is trashed to hell from killing broken-factioned drones).

Making the 66's 2-4 player encounters would be a good balance.

The fact that you're expecting end game content and a ton of players in a stress test that was scaled back to focus on early game content and testing, in a server with less than 300 players on an average day, is kind of... shallow on your part.

Part of this whole stress test process is to test. Granted, it's fun and entertaining to do things and play, but overall, in reality, the reason you can play is to test things, try and break things, etc., not to do all the things you want to do. It's just a bit unreasonable to expect all the things you're expecting when the game is still very unfinished. It's a work in progress, and to treat it otherwise is not a developer's problem, it's your own. They will make changes for testing purposes, and if you're unhappy because of personal opinion on how the game should be run according to your standards rather than the direction they would like to take the game, then the basis for your complaints are unfounded and won't be taken seriously.

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The fact that you're expecting end game content and a ton of players in a stress test that was scaled back to focus on early game content and testing, in a server with less than 300 players on an average day, is kind of... shallow on your part.

Part of this whole stress test process is to test. Granted, it's fun and entertaining to do things and play, but overall, in reality, the reason you can play is to test things, try and break things, etc., not to do all the things you want to do. It's just a bit unreasonable to expect all the things you're expecting when the game is still very unfinished. It's a work in progress, and to treat it otherwise is not a developer's problem, it's your own. They will make changes for testing purposes, and if you're unhappy because of personal opinion on how the game should be run according to your standards rather than the direction they would like to take the game, then the basis for your complaints are unfounded and won't be taken seriously.

Just my two cents.

Not really fair statements given there isn't direction on what is to be tested. If the focus was early game, set a lvl 50 cap and let's test the noobie stuff. If the focus was mob AI and raid mob behaviour, don't close off BBW, and let's go test that with some people.

A weekly "would you kindly go try X and report results" would be nice to see where the focus should be. One could assume that the current objective is faction grinding but that isn't logical based on broken faction bars, sort of like testing weapon damage without having operational weapons.

Just my two cents.

Oke, the test works, it is impossible to enter the fishbowl without a full level 150 party. and it is very very hard to make a lvl 150 party these days. it would take hours, iff not days..

There are not 70.000 gamers who would like to kill in the fb.

i have a level 150 pw, and i dont know what to kill, 7000 chavez is an option.. but i dont have the time to do that.

i dont what to be unpolite, but arnt there much more important things to work on, and i really appriciate the efford the hard work to all the people who are making it possible to play ENB.

i really salute to them, keep on going!

maybe we can get a bit more info, iff the fb or paramis is changed, let us know, and why you test it this way? then we can anticipate on that.

saying "your complains are unfounded and won't be taken seriously" is not very kind, please, see it from an other point of few, think about it.

sry for my bad english, i did my best.

Greetings

no need to cry or rant... the solution is simple... give everyone a L150 alt so we can test out raid content... see problem solved... now wasnt that easy :)

Yup, would be the ultimate test, make everybody level 150 :)

no need to cry or rant... the solution is simple... give everyone a L150 alt so we can test out raid content... see problem solved... now wasnt that easy :)

That would be fine if we were in Beta and they had the low level noob missions finished.

Do not get me wrong, I am not flaming anyone or anything, but right now, I believe the devs are more interested in making sure the low level stuff works, the servers handle the load, and the game/servers work under load with many of us beating on it. Then hopefully they will go from there to mid level to end game content, then RELEASE!! Yay, we all want that.

One thing I have not understood is the rush to 150 while in stress test. Yes it is fun having a 150 and running around getting what you want and need, but right now, "WE" the testers should be testing the server load, and then testing the low level stuff, reporting any problems with server stability to hey this quest doesn't work. Does that mean not to get to 150 if you can? No, but one should understand that high level content won't be in just yet, and shouldn't expect it to be working correctly either.

As for people, trust me, I let everyone I know who has played EnB that there are people working on it and have sent them this way. Give it some time, there will be more people online when the server stability issues are worked out, and the game is closer to Beta/Release. :)

• Upvote 1

I see this whole "its a test, so the focus should be testing" thrown around recklessly pretty often. Its been said a thousand times, but if some certain thing needs tested just let the community know and it'll be tested to death I'm sure. Without some kind of focus you don't know what the priorities are. One week the Devs are fixing early progression quests so you think the focus is on that. The next week they fix high-end mobs so you think the focus is there. It leaves players without any sense of what is needed from us, and if you don't know for long enough you just say 'ok then I'll just go hunt/farm over there for fun'.

As much as I know I'll get flamed for it, it would be great if the Devs would consider stealing a page from the SWG-EMU Devs - once or twice a month they'll throw up a very short, quick post from each Dev saying "I've worked on this, tell me if its right, wrong, broken or what". Gives us some direction for testing, and also opens up the communication here which is needed.

First, I commend you for knowing your crying :)

As for End Game content, I can't imagine anyone complaining about such a thing when we haven't even started yet. What you see, from beginning to what is not the end is all in flux, constantly being tweaked and prodded at every level.Content added and bugs fixed throughout and with no obvious methodology, to you anyway.

What is today will not be tomorrow and will likely change the day after that. The priorities of the Dev team are their own and while I cannot begin to understand it, it isn't mine to decide and the game continues to move forward over all so I'm not going to worry about it. The only constant in life is change.

Oke, the test works, it is impossible to enter the fishbowl without a full level 150 party. and it is very very hard to make a lvl 150 party these days. it would take hours, iff not days..There are not 70.000 gamers who would like to kill in the fb.i have a level 150 pw, and i dont know what to kill, 7000 chavez is an option.. but i dont have the time to do that.i dont what to be unpolite, but arnt there much more important things to work on, and i really appriciate the efford the hard work to all the people who are making it possible to play ENB.i really salute to them, keep on going!maybe we can get a bit more info, iff the fb or paramis is changed, let us know, and why you test it this way? then we can anticipate on that.saying "your complains are unfounded and won't be taken seriously" is not very kind, please, see it from an other point of few, think about it.sry for my bad english, i did my best.Greetings

Why u think this is called stresstest? This is not supposed to be as comfortable as u would like it, that i can understand :)

The universe is a harsh environment and sometimes u get a galactic earthquake. lol

Guess we just have to change tactics.

And don't think the devs wont react to this, just because they wont let us know.

Why u think this is called stresstest? This is not supposed to be as comfortable as u would like it, that i can understand :)

The universe is a harsh environment and sometimes u get a galactic earthquake. lol

Guess we just have to change tactics.

And don't think the devs wont react to this, just because they wont let us know.

It is a stress test, dont need to remember me.

i dont want to be the game as a blackhole, were all the players who like the game run to other games

i would like us to play ENB with fun, i only told my experience nothing more.

i give up.

Go play in FB when you are level 150.

we meet again.

First, I commend you for knowing your crying :)

As for End Game content, I can't imagine anyone complaining about such a thing when we haven't even started yet. What you see, from beginning to what is not the end is all in flux, constantly being tweaked and prodded at every level.Content added and bugs fixed throughout and with no obvious methodology, to you anyway.

What is today will not be tomorrow and will likely change the day after that. The priorities of the Dev team are their own and while I cannot begin to understand it, it isn't mine to decide and the game continues to move forward over all so I'm not going to worry about it. The only constant in life is change.

Again with the defending/supporting/spouting of how the we the Players are beholden to the gods (the Devs) and how we are not to question their ways, and their knowledge is beyond us. There is a plan, we are unworthy to know or understand it. Sounds like religion.

Asking a player community to have faith is difficult without some semblance of communication/progress. Objectively, Progens should be very happy to see that Byakhee is actively working on their missions. I have yet to see anything of the sort from the Terran or Jenquai dev (do they even exist?). As far things being in flux, I doubt the angst you're seeing is about things changing alone. It's about things changing for no visible reason/purpose and without direction for the player community as to what to do next.

I've stopped playing my higher level characters as I see no point in it. I've gone and started new characters. Was this the purpose of these changes? Why not just post and ask the community to do so? Why such underhanded methods to achieve this net effect? If this wasn't the intended purpose for the changes, then why not enlighten us with the reasons for it? Why is the development so afraid to let the rest of us in on their plans?

Why do we have to accept that the devs don't communicate? It doesn't take a lot of effort to reveal general plans and direction for this project. It doesn't take a lot to post somewhere the overall timeline in terms of what's meant to be achieved. Right now there's little observed organization and it seems like the development team is just doing things however and whenever they like. And at times, without very much internal communications even amongst the development team members. Why is that? How can something be efficiently built (even as a side project) with so much inefficiency going on?

ST4 started in January so it's been up for approximately two months. So my question to everyone is, What have we actually tested and learned that's a move forward from ST3?

guys - none of the devs are trying to ruin the game - they were probably acting on advice from players, most of the devs don't get much of a chance to play which is why we need honest feedback on stuff - if we really screw something up then yeah we need to be told about it, but I think we all agree that communication about things is key.

The plan was to have a monthly content update with all the content and server updates listed in the patch notice and on the forum. I think this is (especially) now very important so that we can all see what's going on and when everyone's more informed then criticism can be a lot more constructive and a positive force.

I'll see what can be done.

Thank you Tienbau. That will be appreciated.

guys - none of the devs are trying to ruin the game - they were probably acting on advice from players, most of the devs don't get much of a chance to play which is why we need honest feedback on stuff - if we really screw something up then yeah we need to be told about it, but I think we all agree that communication about things is key.

The plan was to have a monthly content update with all the content and server updates listed in the patch notice and on the forum. I think this is (especially) now very important so that we can all see what's going on and when everyone's more informed then criticism can be a lot more constructive and a positive force.

And yet another great post (YAGP). This IS great!! We have meaningful communication from someone who actually knows what is going on. I don’t even mind that much searching for them.:P:P as I said before PLEASE keep it up. You may just get me donating again.

Thank you

I don't know if this topic is also implying the endgame boss changes that we put in to make some of the end game gear much harder if not impossible to get. But if it is, that was an attempt to make the endgame items a bit more special. It had gotten to a point where TEs with level 8 missiles could solo kite bosses like the controller and raid type bosses. This meant a lot of endgame loot or loot that had severely reduced drop rates. To preserve the "prestige" of the items we took out some of the bosses and buffed others until we have a chance to make the bosses challenging and balanced. The way we looked at it was, if people get the best items in the game pretty easily now, why would they want them later when the items were much more difficult to get?

We want to restore the bosses to their old ways, making players have to use tactics and work together to defeat them. Unfortunately we haven't gotten to this point yet so the bosses are either really difficult or missing. This is temporary and we hope to balance them soon.

once again, this post is unrelated to the gate faction changes and the must be level 150 to go to fishbowl change.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I am impressed that two devs answered this post and at least one of them seems to realize this is mostly a communication issue..or a lack of communication I should say. It gives me hope that you will get this sorted out.

I am impressed that two devs answered this post and at least one of them seems to realize this is mostly a communication issue..or a lack of communication I should say. It gives me hope that you will get this sorted out.

Thumbs up on this one.

At last the voice of reason afloat is a sea of flame and hostility. Thank you for that. Many peeps are afraid to make any negative comments for fear of being told "Thats the way it's gonna stay" or "Belly up to the bar and order up a big mug of STFU".

These kind of responces do happen and drive people away.

The recent change of turning mobs into super-mobs is a negative thing. I too remember soloing DeSash in live with my lvl 150 JD. I'm not saying Bosses should be easy but regular mobs should not be invincable either.

While most of these comments are about the FB, the increase in difficulty has trickled down to lower and mid-level mobs as well. As an example, my Clvl 36 TE had just qualified for lvl 7 ML's and I was trying to loot them myself. Well they drop from a lvl 43 Nag in the niff. This was never an easy thing to do since you have to kite him while avoiding all the other nags in the area. Much to my dismay, I learned he could kill me before I was in range to get off a single shot.

I'm not asking for arcade type easy but let's be reasonable here before everyone leaves the game. You can't sress the server with fewer players afterall.

i do have to ask this question. If the point was to make rare items mean more (witch i Totaly agree with. why not change drop rates instead of closing of the fishbowl to lvl 150 chars and making drops like PB reaver a boos that takes a group to kill when in live was easy to solo even then. 150 to the fishbowl seems a little much. i could have lvl 9 weapons as early as 110 120 ish now i can gear up till 150. besides that the server is avg about 200 people on i would say a good amount of those 200 are dual boxing. witch would put us at about 125 or less. out of those how many are 150 maybe 50 now how many are on at the same time 25ish. for this kind of content the numbers just are not there. Plus the point is to stress test well how can you test when there are not enough people to take on what you are wanting tested. it just will not work.

i'm not ranting really just stating facts a good fix to the rare item issue is to lower drop rates.

sry for the bad grammer i'm at work and rushing to post this lol

While most of these comments are about the FB, the increase in difficulty has trickled down to lower and mid-level mobs as well. As an example, my Clvl 36 TE had just qualified for lvl 7 ML's and I was trying to loot them myself. Well they drop from a lvl 43 Nag in the niff. This was never an easy thing to do since you have to kite him while avoiding all the other nags in the area. Much to my dismay, I learned he could kill me before I was in range to get off a single shot.

This issue has been around for months. It is the difference form the very center of the mob (the spot you need to reach for your shots to hit) and the out side or the humongous space cow projection (the starting place from where the Nag's ranged attack begins) It give them a real unfair advantage, it is a known issue and when it will be addressed, I don't know.

It can be demonstrated when you just get to 0.00 range, kill it and the teeny tiny corpse is like 2.8k away (or whatever) which is the ranged advantage it has. :P

I had the same problem looting my type A's too :(

TooTall

• Upvote 1

This issue has been around for months. It is the difference form the very center of the mob (the spot you need to reach for your shots to hit) and the out side or the humongous space cow projection (the starting place from where the Nag's ranged attack begins) It give them a real unfair advantage, it is a known issue and when it will be addressed, I don't know.

It can be demonstrated when you just get to 0.00 range, kill it and the teeny tiny corpse is like 2.8k away (or whatever) which is the ranged advantage it has. <_<

TooTall

Big fish have the same problem, roughly 1.75k on the master, not sure about the others. Nags are the worst offenders by far though.

It can be demonstrated when you just get to 0.00 range, kill it and the teeny tiny corpse is like 2.8k away (or whatever) which is the ranged advantage it has. <_<

TooTall

Same for Sundivers in VT. Corpses show at 4.01 k after kill.

• Upvote 1