TT- losing the cygni express?

Perhaps the others lose it aswell? but all the other classes seem to get to keep thier promo rewards...why does admiral herrera act like an ass and take my beloved and looked forward reward and now i get jack for my 30 promo...lol

I honestly was not reading any of the chat lines but i had no options but to have it in my hold to complete the mission cause i had it vaulted and couldn't get the talk tree started....BUT WHY DOES HE TAKE THE BLOODY ENGINE? I remember being able to keep it during live....

this just some bug that eventually will be worked out? cause thats a major tease. lol

i want to kill the admiral now...

and i have no idea if this is the right place to log this comment...

so are you saying that we get the engine back in the emu at L50? also we get L4 engines at L40... and in the emu engines play (imho) a much larger part in leveling as I think that many people use trade for early levels as explore and combat are still a much bigger work in progress

Why should the TT lose this engine, or any of the other Terrans? We Jenquai get our L4 Source of Inspiriation at the end of our L30 Promotion bonus mission, and we get L4 reactors at L40. We also get to keep our SOI as well as the L3 Novice Ward device (the NW appears in our hold when we kill the Cenovar to get the last datacube fragment). It's something to grow into, provided you didn't already reach OL40 by the time you finish the mission. There is one difference for JQ in that we get the Source of Inspiration at the completion of the bonus mission, and a very nice XP reward. At L50 a Cygni express wouldn't be as good a reward for a Terran, since they get L5 engines at L60.

You got the Cygni Express from the lvl 50 upgrade back in live. By 30 you shouldn't really be on lvl 4 engines.

I believe that was a level 30 mission. All of the race specific bonus missions (in Live) gave you an item that you "grew" into. It would make no sense to give that missions to the terrans at 50.

As to how it is in the game at the moment, I *think* that it is in only as a stopgap mission for hull patch on the TT. I am sure that, given time, that it will once again be a race specific bonus mission for all terrans ;)

Gawd I loved that engine on my terrans.... :)

TooTall

On my old printed missions list, (retained from live) the Cygni Express mission listed the OL requirements as lvl 30 not 50. It was a long mission involving Capt Roland Holmes. My JD got The Source of Inspiration reactor before he could use it and the same holds true for the Progens reward. I think they get thiers before they can use it also. The Terans get the Emptors Advantage device. Not very equal treatment now is it? My TT is using the engine without completing the mission until it is no longer worthwhile keeping.

in live there was some uber-long mission where you travelled across the galaxy countless times. at the end you got the cagni express.

i have no clue if it will be implemented in the emu.

It will, it's the old Roland Holmes mission, but it requires me to have a full scripting language working and that's one of the last major systems we have to implement. Once it's in you'll see that mission and the reward of the Cygni Express. I put in the Cygni on the earlier mission as a teaser. :)

and yes, it's the level 30 promotion bonus mission chain, as indicated by cpt.

Leave it to Baykhee, always looking to help. I vote yes for you assisting the Terrans int his endeavor, primarily because it will distract you from any further fiendish implementations on the Progen side of things. :)

lol.

@Byakhee, I think it's ok for now.

Why can't the scouts get a copy paste of the hull upgrade missions that are in place for the TT and TE?

And sorry I thought it was the 50. After 5 years memory isn't perfect. Perhaps it was the lvl 50 upgrade that could not be skipped like the rest could?

Why can't the scouts get a copy paste of the hull upgrade missions that are in place for the TT and TE?

And sorry I thought it was the 50. After 5 years memory isn't perfect. Perhaps it was the lvl 50 upgrade that could not be skipped like the rest could?

Because it would violate their storyline. GetCo and InfinitiCorp are brutal competitors.. why would InfinitiCorp be offering them hull upgrades?

I will be going through the scout before long to add stuff, I'm working on a lot of documentation that needed doing. The Terran team is very small, myself and one other person. I was actually thinking of looking for new people, but not at this very moment.

Kyp

I'm not sure if I'd want to help out or not. Part of me wouldn't mind the chance to see what I could do with my limited knowledge, and yet part of me doesn't want to handle all that responsibility. Too afraid it would be another job instead of fun.

Because it would violate their storyline. GetCo and InfinitiCorp are brutal competitors.. why would InfinitiCorp be offering them hull upgrades?

I will be going through the scout before long to add stuff, I'm working on a lot of documentation that needed doing. The Terran team is very small, myself and one other person. I was actually thinking of looking for new people, but not at this very moment.

Kyp

When you need some more help or do expand... let me know... Id love to make up mission dialogues and that sort of thing, and am fairly decent at coming up with story ideas :P