RE: EnBdatabase.com

Anyone know why or if it is just a characteristic of the www.enbdatabase.com that when you click the back arrow that you get an error and you have to load your search all over again? Is it a browser setting that I have or is it just the web site?

Sometimes I have to go back and forth a few times, checking locations of components or locations of drops and using the back arrow is very handy.

I noticed that too. ;) What I do now is right-click and tell my browser to open the item I want in a new window. And at every "fork" in my search I do the same, then close the windows as I finish what I am looking at. :P

TooTall

This occurs on EnBArsenal.com, EnBDatabase.net-7.org and Net-7.org itself as well. In all cases it seems like the form submits are using only POST type, as well as non-cacheable pages. The combination causes the pages to come up as needing to be resubmitted. Realistically, this is easily solved, but that's up to the developers of the sites to decide it's something they want to do.

omg i hate that behavior... I am so conditioned to mouse click back and I knwo the sites gonna stick it to me... its like an effort not to click back... is that a bug or design?

omg i hate that behavior... I am so conditioned to mouse click back and I knwo the sites gonna stick it to me... its like an effort not to click back... is that a bug or design?

Not a bug, it's default behavior for pages that use form submits and the POST method. On EnBArsenal and EnBDB tho, there's absolutely no reason to use the POST method. They could accomplish what they want simply with a GET request and be done with it. It would allow forward/back to work as expected, and allow searches to be saved/recalled from your browser history. Why they chose to use POST along with non-cacheable pages? You'd have to ask them if there's a specific reason for it.

Errrrr. 'Back to Search'

Its there, simples.....

On EnBdatabase that is...

WTB bigger button!!

Thanks Slayer, never paid attention to it, now I know about it haha...