Ore Vaults for Space.

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Ore or Loot Boxes for later PICKUP like in Eve!

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Other

As good of an idea as it sounds it would likely become a bad idea due to lag / clutter.

It's hard enough just to get people to clean an entire asteroid out or pick up their loot even if they're going to space it 2 seconds later. Let alone get them to pick up unused "cans" after they are done in that area.

I like the idea to an extent, was a great feature in EVE; it was also a big spam feature outside gates and stations heck even within the roid fields.

I would love to stay in a field much longer. And I hate leaving a nice quiet spawn due to cargo space, I always clean my kills; in live I remember the lag caused by people that did not.

It would have to be coded for ores and loot only though otherwise it could be used as an exploit on trade runs and the lag it would cause:

Imagine people putting their can outside station until they bought enough trade goods to fill it, then making the most profitable run and bam make outrageous xp and cash.

I like the idea but don't know if it can even be done/codedto avoid exploit.

Being a miner both in EnB and in EVE, I totally understand where this is coming from. However, in the spirit of the EnB community, I think such a thing would have a negative impact on the community at large. We don't really need more reasons for people to solo, we need more reasons for people to interact.

The best way to achieve what you want without needing to add more code would be something like...

[Market]: WTR(ent|ecruit) low explore level ore mule to ride shotgun with a miner for a few hours. Free explore xp and ammo ores (if you need them). PST

That's sort of tongue-in-cheek, but you get the idea.

*kicks the dead horse laying around.... yup, it's dead alright*

My thoughts ?

Simple : not gonna happen

It means altering the client, so it's a no no.

We all want bigger vaults or external storage since day one of this game, but it ain't gonna happen, so we better bury the dead horse pronto.

Please never put any of those eye sores in the belts. If you want cans to destroy the image play eve. The ore fields in e&b are very nice and respawn fast compared to a weekly respawn in eve.

To beat a dead horse, it's been said by devs on the old forum that the client would need to be modded eventually if a real lasting factor were to be made for this emu...but don't ask me how authoritative those devs are/were.

So...under one condition should a space-borne cargo container exist: everyone is free to tractor it in :P

Simple give us account and, or, guild storage. Certain items are non-storable (such as net7 newspapers), so that should keep you from just putting it in the vault, travelling to wherever and taking it back out. Make sure all trade items are non-storable and it stops the exploit before it can start.

A (I know you don't want to hear the name, but) "WOW" style vault would be good. I HATE having to have mule accounts just to hold all my ores/components/ammo whatever. I say no to the eve style ore containers, I got absolutely SICK of seeing them everywhere. People who don't have 2 computers, or don't want to use a VM are at a serious disadvantage because they have to find someone to trust to transfer items between characters.

I could see the resoning when this was live, and we had to pay for the multiple accounts, but since it's not that way anymore, I see no need not to put vaults/banks in. If they don't want to alter the client too drasticly, make a banking sector (similar to bbw) with gates in a few main places (ie net7, earth, jupiter, mars).

I know they can add sectors now, so that "shouldn't" be a problem.