Auto Registration Enforced....?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mijin_Gakure

Squeenix also failed to implement it properly. It's used purely as a 2-hour hearthstone/recall/teleport in that game as well.

If 1 missile does like 6000 damage, a ship filled with tens of thousands of bullets should well... you do the math.

Having all ammo on your person/cargo explode would be epic, although also epic as a group kill stealing move :D

Guest Builder / Growlz / Byakhee

Yes, but you'd not be able to benifit from it because if you Died and had to relog by the time you limped back to the battle the corpse timer would have to be reset. I know the SD was effective originally, because GSP had it and they would get really close and *boom*. I think Growlz (may short-tempered alter ego) has a warriors perspective on it and if it was that you died, towed, but caused massive damage, and went out in a massive blast loosing all cargo, then that may be a skill to use...

Of course this would mean in the arenas you'd loose but kill your opponent!

The only thing to remember here would be if some mobs had the skill they'd drop no loot because they'd have fueled the explosion up. So you'd have 10 seconds to kill them before the loot you wanted was gone!

It is claimed to do Absolute Damage. This should be damage applied that cannot be reduced, but it is not that good compared to some combinations currently.

There sure was an auto register in live. However it was implemented otherwise as it is now post latest patch.

If you got killed you returned to your last docked station. If you used the RTB you'd go to the last registered station.

Nothing more, nothing less peeps.

Pie !

Guest Byakhee / Builder / Growlz

<Snip>

Having all ammo on your person/cargo explode would be epic, although also epic as a group kill stealing move :D

Yes, I wasn't proposing that the contents cause the damage that they would if being shot as the damage is an area blast and some weapons require targetted, or other means of activation. The proposal would be it took in account cargo slots filled in your hold and added x damage per cargo slot filled (although I can see people spreading cargo all over the place now so should state for ammunition and other stackables, minimum of 50% of a stack in a cargo slot to function).

x damage = dependent on SD skill + level of cargo effected in the slot / slot.

Well, if you were to loose it all you'd want some return for it. Concussion to Mobs where they gain a 2/3 chance of not being able to use skills for a while or other interesting effects could be good. Or, it may KO all scan in the area, loosing locks on friendly and enemy vessels. There could be a range of area effects not just soley concentrated on damage that could benefit raids without making it too easy for the players.

But I don't work on skills and DEV coders must shudder whenever I suggest these things...

[Work Computer]

Yes, I wasn't proposing that the contents cause the damage that they would if being shot as the damage is an area blast and some weapons require targetted, or other means of activation. The proposal would be it took in account cargo slots filled in your hold and added x damage per cargo slot filled (although I can see people spreading cargo all over the place now so should state for ammunition and other stackables, minimum of 50% of a stack in a cargo slot to function).

x damage = dependent on SD skill + level of cargo effected in the slot / slot.

Well, if you were to loose it all you'd want some return for it. Concussion to Mobs where they gain a 2/3 chance of not being able to use skills for a while or other interesting effects could be good. Or, it may KO all scan in the area, loosing locks on friendly and enemy vessels. There could be a range of area effects not just soley concentrated on damage that could benefit raids without making it too easy for the players.

But I don't work on skills and DEV coders must shudder whenever I suggest these things...

[Work Computer]

+5 on the idea of making the big KABOOM work.

If I must loose my ammo and whatever looted junk I'm carting around... then I want a BIG (at least 2km wide) fireball, and mass devastation... not that little funky countdown and blowing a few scraps of metal off my hull. :D

That information is flat out wrong. There was no auto-reg in live, as JD frequently ran lvl 7 summon trade runs, people would dock in antares and get summoned to net-7, etc.

SD also shouldn't incap your ship.

Worhmole did damage trade goods but TT negotiate goup bonuses compensated for the loss, which is why TT/JE + others would do trade runs together. Currently the TT bonus is broken and a TL 50 toon without negotiate gets 0 xp from a wormhole fenris run.

We approach an interesting revelation that maybe both sides are wrong or right (depending on whether you feel a glass is half full or half empty) to an extent and that it behaved both ways which would explain the 'definitive' nature in the claims everyone has. Many of us participated in Beta and Live and I am wondering if that may be the source. Don't get excited though, I find it very interesting that everyone that says "It was not like this in live" has not been able to provide tangible (something that is not related to "I Remember...") information that substantiates the claim... I, however, like to attempt to substantiate my claims with information that can be cited and referenced along with searching for countering points which in this case I have not yet been able to find. I did some more looking at patch notes located at http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/server/patchmessage.html and did not see a reference that they made any changes to registration when docking at stations. I did find one interesting patch note "Changed the docking and registration distance for starbases on planets to 2.5k (from 5.0k). This is intended to reduce the frequency of death loops due to exiting starbases too close to hostile mobs.". The relevant parts of a debate is being able to present and substantiate ones assertions without conflict and without taking it personally. The good thing with my personal position is that I am fine either way and am just happy to be playing the game that I missed SO much.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mijin_Gakure

Squeenix also failed to implement it properly. It's used purely as a 2-hour hearthstone/recall/teleport in that game as well.

If 1 missile does like 6000 damage, a ship filled with tens of thousands of bullets should well... you do the math.

Having all ammo on your person/cargo explode would be epic, although also epic as a group kill stealing move :P

Mijin Gakure (Ninja go explodey in FFXI) was crappily implemented (useless beyond a free/no exp. loss death warp)...

...but tell that to the NIN mobs in Dynamis-Xarcabard when they would pop off and take half your alliance down, if they had a mass stupidity event... :D

There sure was an auto register in live. However it was implemented otherwise as it is now post latest patch.

If you got killed you returned to your last docked station. If you used the RTB you'd go to the last registered station.

Nothing more, nothing less peeps.

Pie !

Ahhh, this would surely explain why there are two sides that say nearly the same thing... Very VERY interesting..

i just wonder how many ppl of u actually had max sd in live...i know i did and unlike alot of ppl saying it was useless...it was very usefull if u knew how to use it...there was a lvl8 beam dont recall its name but it made ur sd become stronger....sd for a pw who knew how to use it had 3 purposes...1st is when ur about to die and the mob isnt far away from dieing too u used sd in order to try to kill...this wasnt the best tactic but it could work....2nd with my guild in galileo we used all the pws installed with that beam i mentioned and went scooter we all started with sd on scooter since with the beam we all did 43+k dmg on it...3rd and the best way to use sd was when u were under atk by a monster since he was aggro on u and u would probably die....use sd then the monster would leave u alone since ur harmless to it...and the last way is the way i used it pretty often...then all u had to is wait till regen started and u were good to go again.

Max SD in live was also used to farm RD/Bogeril rep when DT was launched. I used to group with a PW that would hang out in Freya and just use SD on cooldown. It was a convenient little group. I was a JE and our little group also had a TT in it (as well as another JE and a PS). The PW would simply aggro the Chavez, SD to nuke them all and then we'd get to recharging his shield and reactor. Rinse repeat. This was before they nerfed the effectiveness of SD AoE damage. Afterwards this was still doable, but you had to train fewer mobs so that the leftovers could be picked off by the rest of the group. Do folks not remember the massive lag in Freya from all the PWs huddled around a single nav blowing off their SDs? BTW, this was on Orion.

Max SD in live was also used to farm RD/Bogeril rep when DT was launched. I used to group with a PW that would hang out in Freya and just use SD on cooldown. It was a convenient little group. I was a JE and our little group also had a TT in it (as well as another JE and a PS). The PW would simply aggro the Chavez, SD to nuke them all and then we'd get to recharging his shield and reactor. Rinse repeat. This was before they nerfed the effectiveness of SD AoE damage. Afterwards this was still doable, but you had to train fewer mobs so that the leftovers could be picked off by the rest of the group. Do folks not remember the massive lag in Freya from all the PWs huddled around a single nav blowing off their SDs? BTW, this was on Orion.

There was really bad lag on Andromeda too with people in Freya getting RD faction. The devs changed faction award with the Chavez, so that you had to have contributed to killing it for the adjustment. There were people simply camping around the area, while others killed Chavez for faction, and getting the same adjustment. (Close enough to aggro the Chavez I suspect, but am not sure)

That information is flat out wrong. There was no auto-reg in live, as JD frequently ran lvl 7 summon trade runs, people would dock in antares and get summoned to net-7, etc.

Lets just agree to disagree then, because some of us CLEARLY, as plain as day, remember auto-reg, and some of us CLEARLY, plain as day, remember no auto-reg.

Lets just agree to disagree then, because some of us CLEARLY, as plain as day, remember auto-reg, and some of us CLEARLY, plain as day, remember no auto-reg.

The real point that everyone is missing is... Do we care how it was in Live and is auto-reg the right thing for the Emu? I'm not convinced that auto-register is necessarily a good thing for the Emu. It trivializes a JD's level 7 summon, and given Call Forward isn't in game, makes the whole thing distasteful to high level JDs. Now I don't have the numbers on how many JDs actually picked up RTB Summon, and maybe that has an impact on the decision making process of the DEVs, but the complete lack of communication on this (as well as many other issues over the last couple weeks) is really starting to get old. At the very least, get the opinion of the community first before doing such things.

The real point that everyone is missing is... Do we care how it was in Live and is auto-reg the right thing for the Emu? I'm not convinced that auto-register is necessarily a good thing for the Emu. It trivializes a JD's level 7 summon, and given Call Forward isn't in game, makes the whole thing distasteful to high level JDs. Now I don't have the numbers on how many JDs actually picked up RTB Summon, and maybe that has an impact on the decision making process of the DEVs, but the complete lack of communication on this (as well as many other issues over the last couple weeks) is really starting to get old. At the very least, get the opinion of the community first before doing such things.

This idea to any devs reading, then:

Keep auto-reg on until you take care of all the exploits related to it(and work on them soon)

Once those are taken care of, take auto-reg off (ideally, make it toggle-able for those who often forget to register and would rather have auto-reg on), as it does offer many players convenience and is a sensible implementation of the reg/dock functionality.

Guest seeker

Agreed.

If the goal was solely to punish folks who abused the Self Destruct skill on trade runs, or otherwise prevent people from shortcutting thru BBW when they don't have RD faction - I'd say let the autoreg code run for a few days to force anybody that was registered at QAR/Paramis Station to be registered in normal "non pirate" stations would be sufficient. Then reset the register functionality back to what it was, and nobody except faction grinders will be able to get to BBW anymore.

Guest seeker

AND - park a couple of high level. fast-spawning RDs - maybe a pair of those Ah Kungs or CL50+ RDs near the stations and the gate quad in BBW and by the gates leading out of Paramis.

That will do much to discourage illegal gate-crashers!

well auto reg was in live ...in live beta and was trown away even by EA because it just sux

.. also kills 2 skills of 2 different classes

i know CDs got tons to do and everything but this is just lazy solution for trade jobs ....

we are in stress test and we cant put some content in to the game but we nerf generaly everything .... still miss the point on it

lock paramis/bbw and at same time screw the RD faction so that everything but chavez/progen/terran/jenpie let you lose RD faction ... wow how wise ..lets merge with WoW :(

well auto reg was in live ...in live beta and was trown away even by EA because it just sux

.. also kills 2 skills of 2 different classes

i know CDs got tons to do and everything but this is just lazy solution for trade jobs ....

we are in stress test and we cant put some content in to the game but we nerf generaly everything .... still miss the point on it

lock paramis/bbw and at same time screw the RD faction so that everything but chavez/progen/terran/jenpie let you lose RD faction ... wow how wise ..lets merge with WoW :(

Say what?

I do remember auto reg being there at some point but I do think it was taken out eventually. Or possibly brought in and then removed again. It does somewhat defeat the purpose of the JD return to base skill. I do remember times when members of our guild would get together to do FB, or just go hunting in Cooper in general, that those who needed ammo would stop at OMP but then when we were done, the JD of the group(which I was a lot of the time) would send everybody back to where they had come from. This was generally not OMP. When it was put into the game(or possibly removed), I don't know but I do remember it being there and wishing that it wasn't.

It seems to me that auto-reg was a choice. I remember being clear out in vt and forgetting to reg (that's what the button was for), and getting killed and getting pushed clear back to net-7 (where I regged last), and having to fly all the way back out. And several times in a combat group the leader repeating over and over (reg at this station before we go in). I was on the Pegasus server fwiw. I didn't play live beta, but I did play untill sunset announce (sunrise name was my idea).

I do however remember that if you died on a trade run it lowered the quality of trade goods by 50% (same as the je wormhole).

I never did the rd faction grind live, so I never even saw qar, and don't really miss being able to go through smugglers run. But, if the faction isn't working yet, why close it off during testing?

I can live with auto-reg, it's annoying, but hey it's just a game. The suddenly overpowered mobs on the other hand is a hard thing to swallow. I only have so much time to play every day, so I don't have the time to find a guild or hunting groups right now. Trying to solo combat has suddenly become undoable. A terran scout 5-5-5 with lvl 2 shields/reactor/missiles and I'm getting absolutly STOMPED by lvl 5 manes.

Really?

Because those manes now have less of a range for weapons than they had before! Yes you heard it from me, low level mobs I've reduced the range they fire at. Increased the time between use of a skill. But of course only mobs that are in my pool of mobs to do.

So basically the level 5 manes have got Worse. How ironic.

As interesting as the mob damage conversation is, I'm pretty sure this topic was supposed to be about auto-reg. I guess we're all basically looking for the simple answers:

1. Is this a permanent change?

2. If it is permanent, will it become optional or strictly enforced from here on out?

I know I'm hoping for optional myself as are many others. I won't BS my way through saying stuff like "I played for this long and I remember!!!" Frankly, it was a long time ago and many changes were made while I played. As to what or when they were? Well, I've slept since then. I'm hoping for the optional but I'm not gonna stop playing if it becomes permanent. I'll just be a little less likely to build my JD back up... or maybe just use the points for something else on him. Like missiles? :)

I personally don't see the point in a couple of the current changes, one is the auto-reg, the other is closing the paramis gate. First off auto-reg, I do not see a problem with it in general, but if this is just to stop progens using from self destruct, I think it's a waste of the DEVS time programming this in just to take it out later in the progress of the game. I understand why they use self destruct right now because it takes forever to lvl trade as the game is now. Once the terminal jobs are up and running this probably wont be an issue anyway. So, if your planning on leaving it this way for live then I don't see a problem.

Secondly, paramis gate being closed, I assuming this is to test factions, if it is why not just close bbw itself but leave or atleast reset everyones factions back to start level just so they can decide if they want to go to these systems. I know a few people that are still having faction bar issues on there chars, so in my opinion wouldn't it be best to just leave the systems open, for testing purposes, because there are still alot of issues going on with some of the raids anyway (i.e the RD Base). Also, the drones in BBW should be giving faction positive faction not negative RD faction. I may be way of on this and just my opinions, I know your going to do what you will, but just wanted to give my two cents on the subject.