Auto Registration Enforced....?

Along with the ups & downs of today, and the brief content update - I've noticed that whenever we dock, we are automatically registered at the station.

Now, I can't say that I recall this from EnB Live: whenever we did a Tada-O gate raid, or later on, a FB raid, we'd have the JD's shoot us back to our home ports of registry (mine was typically Jove's Fury, or less frequently, Fenris), even if I would stop at QAR (I had RD faction at the time) to fetch this or that thing en route to Cooper.

Now I can perfectly understand if this is a sort of a punitive or preventive thing to force those who did not legitimately have RD faction in ST4 to be forced to register to another station (i.e. no more PWs using Self Destruct to use QAR or Paramis Station as a transport hub, especially for those dreadful trade runs)

But is there any chance that after a certain period of time - say 3-4 days - we can choose where we want to be registered again, without forcibly registering us whenever we land somewhere?

Could a Dev comment on this please?

I remember it, can also find references to it on sites that were considered great and reliable information repositories...

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/game_info/docking.html

As the saying goes, "That's about all I've got to say about that"

I reckon that is indeed "all they wrote".

thanks!

Interesting because I also remember instances where if it had auto reg'd me there is no way I could have had a grouped JD send me from Anteres back to Paren Station as I know I always docked in Anteres to vault loot. However, I think it's a bit of a moot point considering as said in game the auto reg was not put in to restore live status but rather to stop the suicide trade runs.

I also remember it to have auto-registered.

pros:

1. no more forgetting to press register

2. no more making trade routes shorter than they should be

3. makes more sense not to be able to return to a station you registered at after you pick up trade goods from a different station

cons:

1. no more making trade routes shorter than they should be

2. JD return skill less needed

Hi there,

I'm writing this topic coz the new patch added autoregister to the base u visited the last time...this isn't good coz i would be mad if i was a JD

and spend all my points into summon to have lvl7 summon which is RTB(return to base).I know this is done coz alot of terrans were whining about

progen warriors lvling faster in trade then they did...this way due to the fact that selfdestruct didnt and still doesnt work the way it should be.

Selfdestruct should work like this:when u activate selfdestruct it counts down and then boom and u dont get incapacitated like it does now..u would only be paralyzed for like 10-20 sec and then the shield and reactor should recharge.

I really hope u can undo the autoregister coz it really sux and try to get sd work the way it should be so ppl will stop whining about the fact a pw lvls faster in trade then they do...coz this way the jd gets screwed by it since rtb gets useless this way.

• Upvote 1

Autoregister is now exactly like it was in live game with EA

mmm actually no it isnt...in live when u registered for instance at VT and u docked in lets say n7 with the rtb skill from a jd u could rtb back to vt instantly and autoregister doesnt make that doable....so wot ur saying is incorrect

• Upvote 1

WOW did not know they changed this. this needs to go back to the way it was. this is why you have the register button. as for self destuct. you should take xp debt and a posable loss of % on items.

if self destruct is the same as in live u wouldnt get debt or % loss...self destruct was the final option on pw to either kill the monster if it was almost killed or undo his aggro on him...in live i used it alot in raids like scooter raids u didnt die so u couldnt get debt....unless u did it and the monster would take out ur hull....since normally ur shield would go and ur reactor would go dry and after being paralyzed for 10-20sec it would start to regen.

I also remember it to have auto-registered.

pros:

1. no more forgetting to press register

2. no more making trade routes shorter than they should be

3. makes more sense not to be able to return to a station you registered at after you pick up trade goods from a different station

cons:

I get the distinct feeling that while the pro's and con's are rightly listed, the order that they come in that prompted the change is:

pros:

2. no more forgetting to press register

cons:

To be honest, my PW used the Magickal Progen Wormhole as he is so sllooooooooowwwwww. In fact, I'm tempted to call him my "Slowgen Worrier" because he'll be on his 5th iteration by the time he makes it back to Somer from Fenris.

Like I said, I just hope that Byakhee is thinking of us poor Proggies and throw us in some Trade Runs from, I dunno, maybe Arx Ymir to Tarsis (or Tarsis to Fenris, though that might rub funny on the whole Progen/Jenquai bitterness thing)

I'm not griping about the loss of the Progen wormhole though; in all fairness, Progen Warriors are absolutely the most horrid class at trading and all devices aside, are the slowest class, and for them to be able to cheat and out-level TTs (the epic trader class) is just unbalancing.

The fix here is not in forcing registration in (what is not, but might appear to be a ham-handed) response to the opportunistic behaviour of people who play this class; as Sydokun suggested in the other thread, perhaps equipment damage or better still, a loss of trade goods (either losing cargo outright, or incurring a 75% penalty on trade goods - unlike wormholing, detonating your reactor & exploding your own hull just might blow some of your cargo out of your hold, or cause extreme radiation damage to your trade goods)

Or make Self Destruct work as a cousin to Powerdown (does the appropriate level of damage when you blow up, but no option for a tow / you'll revive in 10-30sec depending upon your skill level to a "gimped status" which will open you up for targetting (and if you ain't quick enough, termination) by any nearby enemies.

The way it should be:

• The higher your SD, the longer you have until you are revived, and the the more % of your reactor and shield you get back (SD1 = 10 sec and 10% of reactor and shield / SD7 = 35sec and 70% of reactor and shield)

• Trade goods take 75% damage, with a possible loss of up to 5 units of trade goods (random roll)

• No option to tow/return to base

• No option for JS (no exp. debt)

• Perhaps quality/structure losses can be determined by the level of the player's SD as well, though it might be better to keep SD as a no-quality/struc. loss skill.

the problem here is 1....pws using sd as rtb and thats coz sd isnt functioning like it should be....in live sd didnt incapacitate u,and here it does.then another problem is in live if u died during a traderun...u would get half the money so u would loose on that and u wouldnt get any xp...this is also for the wh traderuns which give xp here and in live it didnt.autoregister has never been added in live eventho quite some might think it did...since then rtb would be like the geyest skill and worthless for all the skillpoints it took in live...like in FB at the end RTB was always used and it took u to the last registered base for most ppl that was OMP since there the randoms were done for the tradable loot and for some that was F7 and im 100% sure about since we always had to wait for ppl who registered at other bases.

I get the distinct feeling that while the pro's and con's are rightly listed, the order that they come in that prompted the change is:

The way it should be:

• The higher your SD, the longer you have until you are revived, and the the more % of your reactor and shield you get back (SD1 = 10 sec and 10% of reactor and shield / SD7 = 35sec and 70% of reactor and shield)

• Trade goods take 75% damage, with a possible loss of up to 5 units of trade goods (random roll)

• No option to tow/return to base

• No option for JS (no exp. debt)

• Perhaps quality/structure losses can be determined by the level of the player's SD as well, though it might be better to keep SD as a no-quality/struc. loss skill.

it shouldnt be that way at all....it should be like in live using SD no matter wot lvl bye shield and juice....the lvl only mattered for doing more dmg with SD then after being paralyzed for 10-20sec ur reactor and shield should start to regen....so u cant take the advantage alot of ppl already did by using it as RTB...same for WH traderuns....ruined tradegoods should give u 0 xp like in live

I'll take your word on it (how SD worked in Live) - I never played a PW in live much beyond the newbie levels -- once I got past Gatekeeper Memnon warning me that I was too much of a n00b to go to Mars, I started focusing on building my JE.

I also don't recall losing (or getting 0xp) from WH'd trade goods in Live. If anything, I vaguely recall incurring no penalty for it at all... though it might have been patched at some point.

I rarely did Somer/Fen runs as that particular form of level grinding was epically boring. Most of my trade levels came from job terminals or selling my ores from the JE.

in live there was only 1 thing which would work with wh and that were jobs....traderuns with wh made ur quality go to 50% which meant u didnt get any xp at all and u got 50% $$ from wot the item was supposed to give if u did it without wh which resulted in making a loss on it...did u notice the msg which u know get when u wh...that used to be a notice in live which u only got when u had tradegoods on u....which was always used in live for a person who was selling whs which had 1 traderun item in his cargo so he wouldnt get the wh....so he or she could stay at the place and still give the other the wh he or she needed...if u didnt have a tradegood on u u would be whed

I remember it, can also find references to it on sites that were considered great and reliable information repositories...

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/game_info/docking.html

As the saying goes, "That's about all I've got to say about that"

That information is flat out wrong. There was no auto-reg in live, as JD frequently ran lvl 7 summon trade runs, people would dock in antares and get summoned to net-7, etc.

SD also shouldn't incap your ship.

Worhmole did damage trade goods but TT negotiate goup bonuses compensated for the loss, which is why TT/JE + others would do trade runs together. Currently the TT bonus is broken and a TL 50 toon without negotiate gets 0 xp from a wormhole fenris run.

Guest Byakhee / Builder / Growlz

Trade Runs exist for Progens.

In fact warriors can get a nice easy early on Trade Run [DCO - A-Tiberius] that actually is quicker than if Privateers do it!

However, almost all of the other added trade runs favour Privateer > Sentinel > Warrior > Any other race for the progen trade jobs.

Explore.

Just look in (non Terran) (non Jenquai) stations bordering and including Progen Space.

Trade Runs XP relate generally to the distance travelled, so look longer ranges for higher goods!

[Work Computer]

I'll take your word on it (how SD worked in Live) - I never played a PW in live much beyond the newbie levels -- once I got past Gatekeeper Memnon warning me that I was too much of a n00b to go to Mars, I started focusing on building my JE.

I also don't recall losing (or getting 0xp) from WH'd trade goods in Live. If anything, I vaguely recall incurring no penalty for it at all... though it might have been patched at some point.

I rarely did Somer/Fen runs as that particular form of level grinding was epically boring. Most of my trade levels came from job terminals or selling my ores from the JE.

I can vouch for WHs messing up tradegoods in Live. There is a reason the popup box tells you this when you WH you know :D

I have no idea how SD worked in Live, but the "exploit" used by PWs so far in ST4 was just stupid. Every day I run into PWs with levels like 20-20-45. If you played Live you would know that the PW way to level trade was either by jobs or by farming zillions of lower mobs for tradeloot (organics usually). And yes, it wasn't fast at all due to their limited cargo and ammo usage.

/Tottepp

I can vouch for WHs messing up tradegoods in Live. There is a reason the popup box tells you this when you WH you know :D

I have no idea how SD worked in Live, but the "exploit" used by PWs so far in ST4 was just stupid. Every day I run into PWs with levels like 20-20-45. If you played Live you would know that the PW way to level trade was either by jobs or by farming zillions of lower mobs for tradeloot (organics usually). And yes, it wasn't fast at all due to their limited cargo and ammo usage.

/Tottepp

yup possitive on that in live i went at like tl 10+ at scuttlebugs to farm some tl there with my pw since traderuns wasnt the thing for a pw once i hit OL50 i started to F7-GO tradejobs for explore and trade xp once i hit 75 i went on doing N7-VT trade jobs for that matter

Guest Builder / Growlz / Byakhee

I tell you what happened in live, as I remember it.

As a Progen Warrior (Level 150) occaisionally in Antares and Fishbowl etc.

If I took damage (that very low chance of hull damage at a suitable tank) and if I was to die.

>> Damage was incurred to:

1. Ammunition in my hold. Yes a chance that these would be damaged

2. Trade goods in my hold. If I was stupid enough to have them there during combat

3. Job items in my hold. And sometimes this would revoke the job.

4. Items in my hold.

5. Sometimes equipped items.

As to the SD skill, I woudn't mind the way it is done currently, if the damage was good! Trouble is with SD, if as live it was pointless skill as it coudn't do enough damage for the skill to be effective. Now if it could to KO damage and prevent mobs from using skills for x amount of time or the concussion lowers their Psi resistance then this may come an effective skill. Hell, if Growlz made the skill she'd do it that all your cargo was applied to amplify the Self Destruct, so you would go out in a massive blaze of glory! But luckily for players, I do not have any access to skill coding.

SD in live was really effective orginally and worked as here; but then EA toned it down to not kill you and cause really low amounts of damage. If this occurs then some means is needed (see above) of making it do something, otherwise it then becomes a non-skill.

[Work Computer]