BBW Access via Paramis = Denied!

Looks like the latest patch (for the 10 minutes I could actually play tonight between crashes) seems to have brought some interesting changes:

All RD gates are blocked, INCLUDING Paramis (assuming that you'll now need at least yellow (-400 or higher) RD faction to use them: Time to start murdering Chavez again.

For miners: Those nice manes in Inverness (L25s near nav 2/3) and presumably in Pluto/Charon (foursome of L28s between Charon Path 6 and Pluto Path 6) aggro now. Better get quicker on the ol' trusty W-D-Q key combo again, or other increased combat awareness skill...

Unconfirmed: Port registry now occurs whenever and at whichever station you dock at (i.e. no more shortcutting Somer-Fen trade runs by having an EL35+ JW sling you back to Somer with a full load of nanobots // no more magical exploding PWs registered at QAR)

Hopefully for (some of) us entirely-too-slow mid-level PWs, this means Byakhee's promise of entertaining trade runs through Progen space are becoming a reality with this patch...

Unconfirmed: Some sort of nicer speed buff with Eagle Wing (and possibly other combat speed+ buff devices)

Eagle wing confirmed Seeker. Instead of it looking like you are hitting yourself with a plasma debuff you get speed lines and a lengthy winding up sound with it.

If the changes to the manes in Inverness is intentional they need to really scale the amount back as you can sit there and target though 25+ at a time

On the note of BBW / Paramis gate.....

I totally understand WHY they did this HOWEVER!!!! They had the faction messed up on the drones IN BBW the entire time it was open. If you killed the BBW drones you lost RD Faction where as in Live you would gain RD Faction. For them to suddenly implement all of the faction enforced gating without resetting faction because of this alone not to mention whatever else may have been messed up faction gain / loss wise I feel is an oversight.

Faction still fubar'd, just differently. I went from having 6 blank lines of nothing to having 9 actual faction lines with meaningful colors/stats. Problem? There should be 16 faction elements. :blink: Missing Anseria and anything (alphabetically) after Infiniticorps Traders - so still impossible to gain RD faction (or at least to know what it is).

Personally, I'd be happy just getting my faction reset to the default -7000 I started my toon with: my tooon was one of the ones affected by that faction bug where no graphics would show.

After I was unborked, all my work butchering Chavez trash mobs was for nought.

Personally, I'd be happy just getting my faction reset to the default -7000 I started my toon with: my tooon was one of the ones affected by that faction bug where no graphics would show.

After I was unborked, all my work butchering Chavez trash mobs was for nought.

It is pretty frustrating to be shut out of an entire area with absolutely nothing you can do about it. I haven't seen my faction in so long it's not funny - until tonight, when faction bars reappeared but, alas, Red Dragon isn't among them.

I know life isn't "fair" nor are online games but it would seem like the gate shouldn't be turned off until the faction issue is fixed.

Crap, this will effectively make my Black Spitter useless as I can't buy ammo nor farm the comps for the ammo.

Yeah I too see a big shortage of Chavez in my future.

You can still make the ammo for the Spitter. Mars sells the two vendor-comps and the third is PM from ore.

It is pretty frustrating to be shut out of an entire area with absolutely nothing you can do about it. I haven't seen my faction in so long it's not funny - until tonight, when faction bars reappeared but, alas, Red Dragon isn't among them.

I know life isn't "fair" nor are online games but it would seem like the gate shouldn't be turned off until the faction issue is fixed.

I'm kind of a fan of line commands (Linux user here, though I play Emu from a WinBox) ... and I really think having more player /slash commands would be the bee's knees.

/showfaction

would be nice to see a list of current faction standing printed out in the computer chat box/terminal, particularly as a debugging tool when the graphics are borking up.

I think closing off Paramis and BBW is a bad idea. Faction grinding is the worst grind in the game. None us knows when the next wipe, or even faction reset, will occur which makes investing in this kind of grind unreasonable. I did it in live and I have no desire to repeat that awful grind. At least in live we didn't have to contend with wipes, excepting for the sunset which none of us was happy with. I thought having the Paramis gate open was a nice compromise. It granted access but wasn't convenient, and if anyone was nuts enough to grind out faction they'd get the benefit of using the other gates for entry. Not all the endgame content is available yet so this just cuts it back even further. As I said, faction grinding is an unreasonable burden for stresstesting, and I don't see how it helps in a stresstest anyway. Please reconsider.

• Upvote 2

So who is going to guinea pig faction grinding to see if it sticks properly after a crash/reboot/content push/etc? :P

(looks at -9072... thinks about p-wipe...)

Erm, if you have Shield Nova (or whatever the top level Sheild inversion skill is) - you could probably make short work out of that Chavez spawn in New Edinburgh, or one like it in Freya - it has a very fast respawn timer iirc.

zap-zap-zap-zap-big pile of dead chavs :D

I don't really have a problem with having to grind faction, the only reason I'm holding out on doing it myself, is that Jobs aren't in yet. When that's the case, I'll use Progen drones (which should be quicker than Chavez) to grind out RD faction. IMO it might be better, especially since Chavez are factioned now, and there isn't an obvious means to raise it other thank killing RD. (Hope to find another mob that Chavez considers an enemy)

Erm, if you have Shield Nova (or whatever the top level Sheild inversion skill is) - you could probably make short work out of that Chavez spawn in New Edinburgh, or one like it in Freya - it has a very fast respawn timer iirc.

zap-zap-zap-zap-big pile of dead chavs :D

I didn't put a point into it, but just given the wipe that will come at some point, it's hard to justify spending the time on grinding it right now. Thre's nothing in bbw/paramis that I need anyways. Raid content with depth would be worth it though, would love to need a dozen or so people in there to kill something, even if the loot was useless. I think that sort of AI is still a ways off though.

Accelerating faction for testing purposes would be ok.

I think closing off Paramis and BBW is a bad idea. Faction grinding is the worst grind in the game. None us knows when the next wipe, or even faction reset, will occur which makes investing in this kind of grind unreasonable. I did it in live and I have no desire to repeat that awful grind. At least in live we didn't have to contend with wipes, excepting for the sunset which none of us was happy with. I thought having the Paramis gate open was a nice compromise. It granted access but wasn't convenient, and if anyone was nuts enough to grind out faction they'd get the benefit of using the other gates for entry. Not all the endgame content is available yet so this just cuts it back even further. As I said, faction grinding is an unreasonable burden for stresstesting, and I don't see how it helps in a stresstest anyway. Please reconsider.

I'm done.......it "was " fun to play ,...not so much anymore for me. This new content is more like a job than a game...Watch the player count drop....spend more time fixing what was broken , not make it more of a grind (IMHO) just to be wiped at any moment*. I loved LIVE and loved being able to play again, but im not in to grinding. I should spend more time on wife faction than RD. In some ways i'm glad you have killed it for me,...ill spend more time with wife and kids. The player count has allready dropped today, not becouse of connection probs, becouse of content probs. It was different in live with thousands of players on at one time and large guilds to help, now it's down to 100 or 200 on at a time, with everyone camping chavez. Call me a cry baby if you want, but i dont think that i am the only one that feels this way. If so, oh well. Only time will tell. Had fun seeing all you people and playing the best game ever. Just shows, you can't bring back the past. PM me if you make it fun again. PEACE OUT!!

• Upvote 4

Accelerating faction for testing purposes would be ok.

+5. Definitely.... especially if we get more developed endgame content in BBW/Paramis.

And because I'm goofy like this... I'm going to suggest that the new zone "Sho'do'kan Nebula" be renamed to be the "Sekaukis Nebula" (Secaucus, NJ) to match the obvious Jersey joke that "Paramis" (Paramus) seems to be breeding. :D

Guest frustrated

Paramis and BBW shut off now? WTF?! The real ony end level game in the games current state is to kill in paramis and bbw.

I get my main to 150 to level my support alts up and then have fun with them in paramis and bbw. Wtf is there to do if those secotrs are now cut off??? guess there's no reason to continue working my alts at all now. THIS REALLY SUCKS!

I hope this will be fixed because if not I have no reason to waste the time leveling my alts any further.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think denying access to specific faction/class sectors is perfect....for LIVE. Right now we are in the "testing stage" of the game and server. So why make it hard for us to do our job,,,TEST things....

I agree that it's a step in the right direction...But from what I've heard, were TWO years from launch and that leaves alot of things to be tested and fixed. If there is anything that could take a huge grind to accomplish, it would burn the testers out and leave a skeleton crew of people behind to test stuff. At this point, the game and the community cannot afford to lose players and testers.

Not to mention, the content and changes you did promoted grouping, which really don't happen at this point, due to the lack of player base. Most of us do stuff solo, because of the lack of players.

I think there should be a list of priorities made, starting with the small, easy stuff and work toward the end game, detailed stuff. That list could look something like this.

1. Crash bugs, Server Connection Bugs

2. Quests, noobie quests, hull upgrade, etc..

3. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs - we need other stuff to do

4. Item Bugs, Effects not working, effects not in game

5. Skills Not working, skill effects, animations sticking

6. Last but not least, CONTENT

Fix the stuff that is currently in the game, worry about adding stuff later!

• Upvote 1

Guest Aceonfire

The little bit of high level content that was, is getting taken away. Why not just put the level cap at 75-100 and call it a day. If you want the people testing this out to continue to do boring, and mostly broken low level missions then you are going to end up with just a very few people left in his community.

So while you guys may be getting closer to whatever goals you may have, you are slowly and surely getting rid of your most loyal followers. What good is a MMO if there are only 10-20 players who have any interest in it.

I also loved playing on live. But just like someone else said, Canc. I think, i'm not into grinding either.

So, while it is your right since you are the devs and server owners, gm's etc, to not include this community in any decisons you make, when you have chased off the last few loyal players, you will probably wish you had, and listened to them.

I am in total agreement here. The game has been ruined since this weekend. Please undo the difficulty increase and work on the existing issues and on getting more players in here. There are not enough players currently to support the level of difficulty the mobs now display. It is pretty unplayable for the casual player with limited time/no time to solicite groups. Personally I tried and it is not even fun anymore since the mobs are insanely harder. Why did you make them so damn difficult?

Ok guys, we need to remember we are not in a live server setting here, it is a test, so keep the expectations checked with that consideration. The idea that mobs need to be kept easier etc. to keep things playable is ridiculous. This new difficulty of the mobs need to be actually TESTED and then it should be seen if it is a good difficulty to keep or needs rework, don't simply whine about it. We also need to realize that to say adding content should be the last priority is ridiculous.. what kind of playing would be done then? how would a stress test even be possible without content? how would new bugs be found out then? Also, many bugs get resolved and reoccur, it happens all the time, its not like the bugs are not being worked on.

And as far as the auto-reg issue is concerned, many people seem convinced that the devs just did it on a whim... well I can tell you that I played both on Andromeda and Galileo and clearly remember there always being autoregister. Obviously some of us remember otherwise, but many of the devs remember it as such, and it was also necessary to stop the trade run shortcuts.

But yeah, announcements about large changes are definitely needed...I don't mind personally, but obviously its very detrimental to community relations to put out these kinds of changes without a single word. So, devs and gms, please take out the time to make posts about changes to the server more often, its not something you can ignore with project in the open stages.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1