Vendor Levels

Zyg

I know there has been an attempt by some of the content developers to list the vendor good level in the opening dialog but...

It would be nice to have a icon displayed in perhaps one of the ad screens behind the vendor to show the level of comps for sale ;)

I know there has been an attempt by some of the content developers to list the vendor good level in the opening dialog but...

It would be nice to have a icon displayed in perhaps one of the ad screens behind the vendor to show the level of comps for sale ;)

https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/788-bazzar-areas/

https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/574-indicators-on-vendors/

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I love it actually, but it has been posted before and proper usage of the search function prevents multiple postings of the same idea. ;)

Is this really too difficult to find out? enbdatabase.com, a notebook, and a memory that can remember 4 or 5 stations....? People build at SOMER, OMP, F7, NET7, JOVES for a reason. One page on a notebook....

(OK so some people do Paramis/BBW/Aragoth Prime/Jot/Endr)

I'd agree its annoying the first three times you visit 5 vendors to find the last is the one you are looking for, but use a pen and paper and note down (3), (Weaps),(4),(Devs/Eng/Shlds/Reactor),(7),(8),(1) and it gets you straight to where you want to be.....

Is it an age thing?

An age thing??

How about not having to write everything down all the time thing.

Just because there are resources online does not mean I want to jump back and forth all the time while playing. The game could contain most of the information to be easily accessed. Not everyone playing is OCD

Besides not everyone having a second computer for the constant look at EnBDatabase (I'd love to have such kind of ressources available ingame, e.g. at the 'news' machine -or however it is called- which is in many of the lounges), it does not tell everything too.

If you come into a station with several Vendors, you'll have worst case to go to everyone checking whether he's the right one. Even if you know that he's there.

The Level number in the opening dialog is a good start, and actually something that is easily done. Having it shown somewhere before you actually talk to the vendor would be much better though.

btw - why do I always return to a 'trade/cancel' dialog after I have finished trading? Some vendors have something to say as 'goodbye' and it is nice to read - at least the first couple of hundred times - but it is annoying to get a dialog that eventually brings you back to the trade you just cancelled.

For myself, after the first time or if there's a mission pending, I'd prefer just entering/exiting trade and nothing more. Jus tlike the 'station flight camera' or such things which you luckily can disable. Nice to watch for the first few times, but then just time-consuming.

Antara

What I'd really like would be to do a slash command:

/npctrade "Harvey Macgregor"

...and have it open up the trade dialog so I wouldn't have to wade through the lag-chokingly thick cloud of builders on Somerled.

As for remembering what is where... it does get easier, thru repetition if nothing else. Typically, the highest level comps vendor is typically the one that is the most annoying to get to (i.e. the L5 comps vendor is the NPC allllll the way in the back down the ramp at Somer)

And really, writing stuff down is NOT a sign of OCD. It is a sign of using whatever tools needed to get the stuff you want a little quicker.

For some, it is a notebook; for others, it is alt-tabbing to a website, and still others, it is asking one of their guildies where to find such-and-such comp at so-and-so vendor.