Our Community

Guest Wanli

Our Community is'nt what it used to be...

maybe I'm mistaken but from what I remember, we all helped each other out...

guess that 'help' was different from server to server, or maybe the WOW attitude came along...

just asked for a risky tour, and was told to go back to WOW...

all I can say is WOW... I was willing to accept the risks, the person (whoever it may have been) would have benifited... and I was told to go to wow...

this isn't the community I remember... I was offering a benefit for some one... may have come on strong because I'd been asking this for over 2 weeks in time...

I know we don't have the player base at the moment... but, nevertheless, I've deleted all my toons.. goodbye any builds for the community, goodby any kind of support...

good bye EnB... it's no longer the game... no, community that made it what it was... tell me to go play WoW... not gonna happen...

sorry all, I'm so gone now... the whole reason I left wow long ago...

My toons are deleted, working on cancelling my accounts

• Downvote 3

there will be no playing of WoW. ;)

I'm sorry if this sounds cheesy, but we're only human. I had plenty of bad experiences when I played live but I kept coming back because I liked the good people of the community more than I hated the bad eggs. If you're not getting that same vibe there are things you can do to make the community a better place. I suggest helping people. I'm sure many players would love to see more people helping others and I bet part of the reason you are upset is because you don't see as many people helping out like you did in live. There's only one thing to do, and hopefully it will cause other people to do the same thing.

there will be no playing of WoW. ;)

I'm sorry if this sounds cheesy, but we're only human. I had plenty of bad experiences when I played live but I kept coming back because I liked the good people of the community more than I hated the bad eggs. If you're not getting that same vibe there are things you can do to make the community a better place. I suggest helping people. I'm sure many players would love to see more people helping others and I bet part of the reason you are upset is because you don't see as many people helping out like you did in live. There's only one thing to do, and hopefully it will cause other people to do the same thing.

Minerva was simply looking for a tour of Grissom, Shepard and Cooper when no-one wanted to join (s)he got a bit upset and started saying this wasn't the same community as they remembered from Live. They later apologized, and almost half an hour later the following comments were still going on:

(BTW so as not to get the players flamed I've changed their names to Players A-F)

(9): 0:42:15 [General] Player A: I like enbarsenal but it does have more issues than Minerva:)

(9): 0:42:27 [General] Player B: ROFL

(9): 0:43:10 [General] Player B: omg my kids are going to wake up from my laughing heh

(9): 0:43:28 [General] Player C: hey, stop abusing the dead.

(9): 0:43:50 [General] Player D: WTS razorblades

(9): 0:43:56 [General] Player A: lol - Zombieland here eh? Need a char named Woody:)

(9): 0:43:57 [General] Player B: ROFL

(9): 0:44:24 [General] Player B: that brings to mind, should we hold a funeral procession through Saturn?

(9): 0:44:40 [General] Player E: Someone make a guild "We Tour Cooper"

(9): 0:44:42 [General] Player F: nah, just go to Glory's Orbit and launch a satt

(9): 0:44:48 [General] Player B: lol

(9): 0:44:55 [General] Player A: pfft treat it like a job- dump the refuse into some sun:)

Sure, Minerva shouldn't have blown up, but comments like "WTS razorblades", talking about treating the player like refuse, and other stuff like this after they've apologized? Has our community become one of bullies, are we all just the popular kids in high school now? Players A-F, if you read this I'm sure you recognize your work, have you never made a mistake? Have you never debated something that you were sure was right then got shot down and proved wrong?

Granted this may be an extreme (and possibly ridiculous) example, but what if the OP has depression issues and your comments in game that I'm showing here led them to suicide? How would you like that fact hanging over your head?

I have to admit after reading the above comments I was half tempted to leave too, but the fact of the matter is I love this game and I know how to use the ignore button. BTW, I don't know about anyone else but in my personal opinion those players are guilty of griefing.

Indeed this is a stresstest.

But you should have joined a guild.

Ik get TONS of help from my guildies and give out TONS of help to my guildies.

Problem solved.

So if your experience is what you say it is and your reaction to that is leaving, I guess this was never a thing to be part of in the first place since you've missed tho whole concept of what you were doing.

So long bro.

Numiah [work puter]

-As an act of prevention-

As an act of prevention I feel it is my duty to maintain a friendly environment within this forum board and though my power does not extend to matters that occur in-game I would however like to make note the following Net 7 CoC Regulation as written by Net 7 Board of Directors:

Group Member Specifics>Players & Donators:

Article 4 - "You may not harass, threaten, or otherwise show belligerent behavior towards other players."

Article 5 - "You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language."

Although in the end it is up to Game Masters to decide and regulate the goings-on within the game, I'd not like any of what I seen repeated within this board. (For future reference. As an act of prevention.)

• Upvote 1

Sure, Minerva shouldn't have blown up, but comments like "WTS razorblades", talking about treating the player like refuse, and other stuff like this after they've apologized? Has our community become one of bullies, are we all just the popular kids in high school now?

I find it kind of funny that the response so often is "go back to WoW" or something similar. In particular when the behaviour displayed here is worse than anything I have seen during five years playing WoW. While I do not know the details of this case I must say that in general this community is living on its old merrits. It was a very good community in Live but now it is one of the most condescending and elitistic I have come across. You may not notice it yourself since you are a part of it and 99% of the people here are already a part of the fan club but as soon as anyone has any different opinion they get cut down just as bad as you like to pretend that they would be cut down in other communities.

Time for a reality check. This community is no where as good as it thinks it is and it is in no way close to what it used to be. If you want this game to last you need to stop pretending that you are better than everyone else.

//Wex

• Upvote 1

Guest Numiah [work]

Time for a reality check. This community is no where as good as it thinks it is and it is in no way close to what it used to be. If you want this game to last you need to stop pretending that you are better than everyone else.

//Wex

I concur.

Guest Builder

In live the main reasons people grouped tended to be because of the rarity of drops, because there was a common ethos trying to help, but there were more people in live so if a guild tried to blanket a zone, and restrict access there would be people wanting to resist this.

At the moment, the drops are common, the mobs easy (as no complex mob AI in place), and as posted earlier "it is a lot easier to do solo". The community in the game is what will make the game, and harrasment should not be tolerated. The other side is if there isn't a tour happening try grouping with a miner or do something else. There is plenty to do in the game even at this current state.

IMHO it should be really hard / almost impossible to kill a mob +16 combat levels from yourself, solo. In live to go after these mobs you definately needed group(s). Though i'd not advocate corraling players togther into groups simply for them to survive, some degree of danger may be required to make grouping for a common concern interesting.

CL +16 = overall level +(16 * 3) = + 48.

More explore experience is available in the stress test than live anyway, because of the new sectors. Ok, touring is the maximum effect for getting explore experience, but there's no reason not to 'free warp' and explore a sector for oneself. This was the technique I tended to do all the time in live!

[Work Computer]

Honestly, all you need for a tour of shepard/grissom/cooper is a good reactor and an engine that doesnt drink too much energy. I freewarped and uncovered all/most of the grissom navs, the same with cooper and shepard, so I've got the navs, just havent actually gone thru the navs officially, save for the main path navs.

In some respects, I wish the poster at the top would give the community a few more days. After all, part of what made this community was patience, and sadly, very few other games attempt to teach this attribute. I certainly hope the poster at the top will stay around at least for today. Certainly willing to give the tour even if it means xp debt. I realize the poster at the top may have deleted toons already, but I'll at least look for them in the game today.

It seems saddening that every community has a few scant worms among the apples which bring the entire community down a notch from where it should be. I'm sure those in question know who they are, and to them I ask the question "For what purpose were those things said?" Even if they were meant or intended as jokes, those words still should never seen the light of day at all.

I certainly dont intend to flame those in question, but these sort of actions are those that should immediately be squelched by other players in the game. The sort of words that hurt or demean have no place here, those who say them should rethink before they hit that enter key. Maybe if we see these sort of words ingame next time, we need to jump on the poster and figuratively spurn them.

Which brings me to the point of why do we just allow these sorts of things to take place in OUR game? We should not just sit idly by while some person insults another. There have been cases where the community has certainly come down on negative or harsh things, so why didnt they in this case?

Please, lets all think over our words before we hit the enter key to send them, for we certainly do not wish to see this sort of result happen again.

(note)This was all after 12am eastern time and when I logged in there were less then 200 on the server at the time. Not an optimal time for sure to be getting assistance.

Sorry but I was player F up there and if you sat there and read the entire thing from start to end all Minerva did was whine how they were not important after asking 3 or 4 times in a half hour, nay begging, for the tour and no one spoke up. To which point s/he went into attack mode saying to the effect that we were just too chicken to do it.

Others including myself have stated we had no intention of doing it as we were busy and offered that many have done it solo with no problems at all. If you know how to free warp. Others stated that they wouldn't do it because it felt like they were just leeching the exp.

Basically it boiled down to no one jumping to help this one person into an attack on the community on whole. They claim to have been asking for this tour over the past two weeks. Granted I'm not on 24 hours a day, but have been on enough to have never seen anyone asking for a tour of the deeper parts of Beta Hydri. And it was all capped with an "No body likes me so just forget about me and go on with your own lives, forget I exist." While continuing to bemoan to someone else but sending it to the general chat for everyone to see.

So forgive us for not dropping whatever we were doing and rushing to your aid.

Griping about the state of the community and deleting your toons doesn't make it better.

Make an effort to be a positive/respectful/helpful player, and hope people will follow suit if that's what you want.

If someone gets under your skin, ignore them or report a TOS violation if that's what happened.

I don't see the current community radically different from what I remember 7 years or whenever ago, nor is it much different than any other online game that I've ever played. I think people have some nostalgic memory of teddy bears, sunshine, and rainbows, which if anyone has old forum logs from live, couldn't be farther from the truth.

I was likely on too and recall some of that as well, yet I regret my inaction on the matter, as I could have taken the person in question on the tour they requested.. Perhaps not as thoroughly as they'd have liked, but theyd get the navs on their map.

We are all guilty of focusing often on ourselves.. Gotta get this or that done etc.. I'm just as guilty as all of the rest of us. Perhaps this is meant as a lesson, so as to not repeat it the future if possible. I dont think that bad of the person. They were just attempting to get most of the navs of the systems into their navmap, and their requests may have been misworded a bit. Sort of like the young asking the old one about their drivers license, but not wanting to go thru the training, not very good analogy admittedly...

I think some just miss the idea of having all the navs uncovered in the systems, perhaps that is some of the reason behind the person in question's actions. This only goes to show that we need more communication between us that play the game... If someone is irritating you, send them a tell advising them on the issue they are talking about. Just work to resolve whatever issue the person is having so that it doesnt explode out like this did.

*shrug* I don't remember it being anything special back in Live either. My only basis of comparison is between average or expected behaviors in this community as compared to same in various other communities. There are particular tendencies in any community that are pretty obvious if you step back a little and observe--which is part of why I try to keep my distance to some degree, and feel things out. (Or more accurately, needle people to test their reactions so I can get data points. B) )

My observations of this community are that there are examples of extreme niceness I don't see most anywhere else, contrasted against a background noise/average that pretty much agrees with what the OP said: snobby and rude. And I'd also add quite conservative--in the nasty way of lashing out at any challenge, no matter how slight, to the status quo. I don't have enough data to give strong speculations on the causes of this but I certainly have a few hypotheses.

(note)This was all after 12am eastern time and when I logged in there were less then 200 on the server at the time. Not an optimal time for sure to be getting assistance.

Sorry but I was player F up there and if you sat there and read the entire thing from start to end all Minerva did was whine how they were not important after asking 3 or 4 times in a half hour, nay begging, for the tour and no one spoke up. To which point s/he went into attack mode saying to the effect that we were just too chicken to do it.

Others including myself have stated we had no intention of doing it as we were busy and offered that many have done it solo with no problems at all. If you know how to free warp. Others stated that they wouldn't do it because it felt like they were just leeching the exp.

Basically it boiled down to no one jumping to help this one person into an attack on the community on whole. They claim to have been asking for this tour over the past two weeks. Granted I'm not on 24 hours a day, but have been on enough to have never seen anyone asking for a tour of the deeper parts of Beta Hydri. And it was all capped with an "No body likes me so just forget about me and go on with your own lives, forget I exist." While continuing to bemoan to someone else but sending it to the general chat for everyone to see.

So forgive us for not dropping whatever we were doing and rushing to your aid.

Minerva was initially volunteering to lead the tour of Cooper/Grissom/etc. When she didn't get a group (in a very small amount of time, I might add) she lamented her lot in life and declared the EnB community as "chicken". I *tried* to point out that having already explored those Navs if I were to join her tour I would be merely leeching XP (which I think is bad) and that I resented her branding the community in such a way. She then launched into me for not volunteering to lead the tour for the benefit of others. For the record - I've never, ever been on a tour and I have no desire to be on a tour; but that's me and I appreciate that others like them so good for them. But just because you don't get your way rightthisminuteandImeannow you shouldn't go off and badmouth the rest of the community and carry on and whine like that (because it did go on . . . and on . . . ). I told her she could have the last word and let her keep going and eventually just logged off.

No, it's not the same community as Live - I'd say there's a lot more whiners. I find that there *are* still plenty of helpful people, though, and that's always been (and continues to be) the draw of EnB for me.

And to people that feel compelled to post "oh woe is me, I've deleted all my chars, blah blah blah" - good riddance. You've clearly lost sight that this is still a TEST. It happens to be a fun game to play along the way but good grief it's a TEST.

If this comes across as harsh, so be it, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

...if you sat there and read the entire thing from start to end all Minerva did was whine how they were not important after asking 3 or 4 times in a half hour, nay begging, for the tour and no one spoke up. To which point s/he went into attack mode saying to the effect that we were just too chicken to do it.

I'll admit I didn't sit there and read the whole thing, mainly because I had so many crashes it was impossible to read all the comments. As I recall I was there for the initial "attack mode" as you call it and I said in General chat that I was busy doing the lvl 30 HU mission (and I don't think my JD would have survived his/her proposed blind leading the blind tour). Could I have logged to my JS and helped? Yes. Did I believe their attitude warranted my help? No, that's why I didn't. I frequently change my plans (and characters if need be) to help someone, especially if it seems no-one else will.

Quite frankly, Mistergreen, your comment of launching a satellite (my opinion) wasn't too bad, even Player C's "stop abusing the dead" could be seen as trying to end the conversation before it went too far. They were put in my post because they were part of the conversation. It's the treating the person like refuse and "WTS razorblades" that really offended my sensibilities.

Why am I being so sensitive about this subject? Because every morning and every night I have serious thoughts of suicide, but being able to get on the internet (or even better the game) and put my thoughts out there and maybe even get input from others gives me something to look forward to. Would I ever kill myself over something like those comments? Probably not, but I have heard of such things happening.

Oh, for the love of pete. I don't understand how people can take a game or anything on the internet so seriously.

Newsflash: This is an MMO. There is no way to 'win' at MMOs aside from just having fun doing what you enjoy, and bringing enjoyment to others. You can set minor goals for yourself and your friends, but ultimately nothing done here truly matters. This counts double as this is a stress test and the tide is coming in fast toward our sand castles.

No community is 100% angelic, and what some consider clean good-natured humor others can consider cruel and tasteless. To some these can be considered 'bad apples' and 'elitists', while to others the attitude is just common fun. People will crack jokes about touchy subjects, it's a fact of life. Also painting a community with one big broad brush is just setting yourself up for surprises. People are different, whether they're returning Live vets or newcomers. Some have coarse senses of humor, others have finer sensibilities.

One can't tell people not to tell dumb jokes, just as one can't tell them to not be offended. But I can tell you one thing. All this? Is it really that important?

Just... go for a walk or something. There might not be a way to 'win' MMOs, but there is a way to lose. By letting them get the better of you; through either the people, the game itself or by using the game as a crutch to escape actual life problems that really should be dealt with.

We're all here for a good time, not for a long time. Chill out.

• Upvote 2

Oh, for the love of pete. I don't understand how people can take a game or anything on the internet so seriously.

Newsflash: This is an MMO. There is no way to 'win' at MMOs aside from just having fun doing what you enjoy, and bringing enjoyment to others. You can set minor goals for yourself and your friends, but ultimately nothing done here truly matters. This counts double as this is a stress test and the tide is coming in fast toward our sand castles.

No community is 100% angelic, and what some consider clean good-natured humor others can consider cruel and tasteless. To some these can be considered 'bad apples' and 'elitists', while to others the attitude is just common fun. People will crack jokes about touchy subjects, it's a fact of life. Also painting a community with one big broad brush is just setting yourself up for surprises. People are different, whether they're returning Live vets or newcomers. Some have coarse senses of humor, others have finer sensibilities.

One can't tell people not to tell dumb jokes, just as one can't tell them to not be offended. But I can tell you one thing. All this? Is it really that important?

Just... go for a walk or something. There might not be a way to 'win' MMOs, but there is a way to lose. By letting them get the better of you; through either the people, the game itself or by using the game as a crutch to escape actual life problems that really should be dealt with.

We're all here for a good time, not for a long time. Chill out.

+1 Rudo you hit everything right on the nose.

I am Player B and stand by anything I said or did as being in good nature humor and venting after the Minerva ordeal. Take it as it was meant and move on with life.

if i treat someone with respect,helpfull kindness and a sense of humor(i know my jokes are usually poor/not funny :D ), then that person has a better game experinece.

just as 99% of the ppl i have interacted with have treated me.most ppl in or out of my guild have given me anything i needed(pm stuff as well as drops to print for myself)

which has improved my own game experience. as a result ,i love this game.im not a "live veteren", but i have seen a great community with just a few aholes who will always be there,

as in any mmo setting. i know bad times caused by some create a poor experinece for others but i guess i have missed out on most of that.

as for this being a stress test, so what? i will not respond differently if its live or alpha or just plain testing.

i have played other mmos where everything was done for a price. the price was never constant and mostly what the traffic would allow.this is not so in EnB.this is just another factor that draws me here.

i guess my point it to have fun and enjoy the game as well as joke around with others who share a desire to make this all work.

thank you to the devs/ppl who are makeing it all happen

peace :)

for most sectors u dont even need a good reactor...since for instance take grissom...there are planets u target them and warp to them...then like a few k's be4 u reach them cancel warp and use freewarp...when u did that u should have most of the ???? there and then all u need is to target the gate or wotever so u can get the xp from them...this works for alot of sectors.

if i treat someone with respect,helpfull kindness and a sense of humor(i know my jokes are usually poor/not funny ;) ), then that person has a better game experinece.

just as 99% of the ppl i have interacted with have treated me.most ppl in or out of my guild have given me anything i needed(pm stuff as well as drops to print for myself)

which has improved my own game experience. as a result ,i love this game.im not a "live veteren", but i have seen a great community with just a few aholes who will always be there,

as in any mmo setting. i know bad times caused by some create a poor experinece for others but i guess i have missed out on most of that.

as for this being a stress test, so what? i will not respond differently if its live or alpha or just plain testing.

i have played other mmos where everything was done for a price. the price was never constant and mostly what the traffic would allow.this is not so in EnB.this is just another factor that draws me here.

i guess my point it to have fun and enjoy the game as well as joke around with others who share a desire to make this all work.

thank you to the devs/ppl who are makeing it all happen

peace :lol:

Ditto , well said.

Our Community is'nt what it used to be...

maybe I'm mistaken but from what I remember, we all helped each other out...

guess that 'help' was different from server to server, or maybe the WOW attitude came along...

just asked for a risky tour, and was told to go back to WOW...

all I can say is WOW... I was willing to accept the risks, the person (whoever it may have been) would have benifited... and I was told to go to wow...

this isn't the community I remember... I was offering a benefit for some one... may have come on strong because I'd been asking this for over 2 weeks in time...

I know we don't have the player base at the moment... but, nevertheless, I've deleted all my toons.. goodbye any builds for the community, goodby any kind of support...

good bye EnB... it's no longer the game... no, community that made it what it was... tell me to go play WoW... not gonna happen...

sorry all, I'm so gone now... the whole reason I left wow long ago...

My toons are deleted, working on cancelling my accounts

Make sure you get a refund while your at it! Quick question, are all the spaces and periods really necessary? Did it help you make your point? You should throw in some bold font or italics next time!

Peace and good luck in life!

• Upvote 1