Possible GM Abuse of Powers

Ever since I started playing this game about a week ago, Ive had several encounters with GM'S. I cant say anything about them other than they used to get picked on in high school and thats why they run around here tryin to boss everyone around, its getting old. Now to hear that they sit there and give their "friends" exclusive weaponry is ridiculous. Sad thing is nobody can do anything about it cuz they now "own" the game and have the right to alter what they want. I gurantee you none of those GM's leveled their toons up LOL. I got a reactor from webby the other day-he traded to me and he wasnt even in the same sector as me.

• Downvote 7

^^^ Pot meet kettle? I'm sure the interactions with the above poster and the GMs have been the GMs doing their job, after seeing his general attitude in game. The GMs' job is to maintain order and uphold general server rules. Chances are he's never read said rules and sees the GMs' requests for him to straighten up as bullying.

You know what? Maybe we shouldn't hold community events where toys get given out anymore. People are too negative to take pleasure in other peoples' success.

It's a *Censored* game, and we play it for free. Show some gratitude.

Edited by Dakynos
Language

why did my post get erased? Like I tried sayin I think some of the GM's got picked on in high school and thats why they pick on people and harass them on here. As far as giving stuff away-they have the power-its their game-we cant do anything about it. So if they try to "cover up" the only way to hurt em is to simply stop playing. I bet if someone contacted EA they would get involved considering their name and logo is still all over this game.........

• Downvote 6

I have a suggestion though, any of you that are sitting here readin this letting it "get to you", if you don't have a girlfriend, go out somewhere and go meet one, you'll be much happier. I love how you have something directly to say about me it's great LOL. Any of you ever heard of gamebattles.com? Competition gaming site, they support PC, though I've only played PS3 games competetivley there.

• Downvote 6

I'm gonna level this out for you.

A lot of us used to play this game when it was live. We subscribed to it until EA shut it down. This server is the result of years of work by the people you're mad at, that you are now playing for free. There is no money going to them for their time and effort. The GMs who uphold server order, the developers who continue to work the code and improve our playing experience -- they're doing this because they like to.

If the GMs are on your case, ask them why. I'm sure they're trying to get things done in a fair manner and they'll be happy to show this.

The only thing getting to me on this is that you're upset over something that you're not even informed on. I'm not saying that in an insulting way. You need to read this topic start to finish before going on. If you have questions about it, feel free to ask.

I'm going to reiterate that you are playing a game for free that is run for players, by players. There are simple rules to follow here that ensure everyone has a cool, enjoyable time. Just have a look at them, okay?

As an Administrator and as a Senior Deputy Game Master, (yeah, I know, its a long title for a little job :) ), I can assure you the GMs on this project as well as any staff members engaged in activities on the Play Server do not "Give Out Items to Their Friends" or anyone else without reason. Any caught doing so are stripped of their positions at least as far as the Play Server goes. GMs do have limited abilities to distribute certain items only if the situation warrants and the proper research is done to insure its necessity.

As a Project Team, the sub-team of GMs is under strict guidelines of what and how we are allowed to react to certain circumstances. I know certain things that were allowed on the live game are not allowed here but they are very few and in place to provide a family safe environment where players can enjoy the game without harassment. If you are approached by a GM for an infraction, they will tell you why but whether or not you agree is a different issue and is an appeal-able process by opening a ticket via either the in-game help system or a post in the GM Support Forum. Such appeals will be reviewed by myself or a Head Game Master and any appropriate actions taken will come from them.

On a personal note, I have found that most folks who feel the need to post derogatory posts about any of our staff, be they GMs or any other members of the team are simply upset because they didn't get there way. The play experience of everyone who chooses to play on the Earth and Beyond Emulator is of great concern to the entire staff. If it were otherwise there would be little point in pursuing such a difficult project. We do what we do out of love for the game and to help give something back to those who enjoy it as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are testing for gosh sakes, to expect perfection or even worse demand it is ludicrous and those with that attitude might be better off waiting to play until we get things more fine tuned.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2