Possible GM Abuse of Powers

Last night we saw two guys using hellbores. They claimed to have gotten them from a friend that got them from a GM event. To my knowledge there has not been a GM event in ST4. I'm not trying to be a snitch or get anyone in trouble. I just want to keep an honest game honest and don't want a few people that abuse their power to ruin it for the rest of us. I'm not going to release thier names to the public I will PM their names to AF_Vet if I am in fact correct that there has not been a GM event.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Was the GM event /create Hellbore? :)

Base has been down for a long time, a few might exist from that but hardly anyone was CL 50 at the time, but claiming they got it from a GM event just smells like rotten fish.

• Upvote 2

I severely doubt if there was such a GM event, and would strongly reccomend that any such event would be announced in this forum so everyone could have a chance at it. I've not seen a posted event so it seems a bit shady.

I just started participating in an event from Net 7 when I saw a member of my guild return with the final item and then get repeatedly passed up by the GM even though it was his turn in line. As a result, my guildmate lost out on the possibility of getting a hellbore which could have been his. I find this conduct by a GM to be quite disturbing. To allow my guildmate to participate in a long, time-consuming quest and then to ignore him at the end is completely over-the-top abuse of power. You guys always hold us to a level of conduct and then abuse the same rules you enforce on us. Shameful behavior.

Saurron/Cyric

as far as I am concerned... give everyone a hellbore when they hit 150...hell even give em to jenpies... Hellbore is imo more status than anything else... its cool to have on your ship around F-7 and its fun for the first 5 minutes that you use it B)

after that there are better weapons.. keep in mind its non-manu... and takes damage so eventually its :)

that aside, no one should be getting poof here it is stuff unless it is to specifically test something that Net-& Ent wants tested...

after that there are better weapons.. keep in mind its non-manu... and takes damage so eventually its :(

In live yes, but the 30% dmg + plasma debuff are epic in the current iteration of the game ;)

/back-on-topic

We all know there has been a ongoing abuse of 'out of game' items since the stresstest beginnings by those who 'hath the power' and consistantly exibit lack of morals/ethics because of secondary agenda. Weather its for friends, or because of sympathy, or just because I can---doesnt matter. This event certianly looks like it was created to do a cover up so more 'out of game items' can be overlooked once again by the powers that be so theyre friends can keep theyre gifts, and so lets pass up peps we dont want to have one in front of everybody too because we can. Same Old BS new day.

This event certianly looks like it was created to do a cover up so more 'out of game items' can be overlooked once again by the powers that be so theyre friends can keep theyre gifts, and so lets pass up peps we dont want to have one in front of everybody too because we can. Same Old BS new day.

This seems so pointless given you can solo kite anything with lvl 8 guns (takes a while). Everything just gets deleted down the road anyways and all this gifting does is invalidate any sort of stats they are trying to generate about players.

This place would be better off with a lot less GMs, moderators, and other Authoritah Figuahs. One hand never seems to know what the other is doing.

Both the forums and (correct me if I'm wrong?) the game itself have ignore buttons. That should suffice for most purposes. For everything else, there's MasterCard.

We all know there has been a ongoing abuse of 'out of game' items since the stresstest beginnings by those who 'hath the power' and consistantly exibit lack of morals/ethics because of secondary agenda. Weather its for friends, or because of sympathy, or just because I can---doesnt matter. This event certianly looks like it was created to do a cover up so more 'out of game items' can be overlooked once again by the powers that be so theyre friends can keep theyre gifts, and so lets pass up peps we dont want to have one in front of everybody too because we can. Same Old BS new day.

things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... :(

hmmmmm......

Unannounced events, favoring those with an organization behind them with WH's ready to go, at random times v timezones, and a haphazard game mechanic. I waited my turn (though I was 6th to arrive), and saw people zooming off into the distance. My vote was to go and do something more productive with my time rather than go on a wild goose-chase. It disturbs be that some people end up with rare uber-loot through non-game mechanics instead of gaining proper in-game stuff through the normal process. Was it 'Official'? I very much doubt it. Is it fair on those who are still middling, logged out, doing something else - I think not.

;)

I just want to play my low lvl toons 2-3 hours a day and enjoy my beloved game. Pepole will abuse power and others will tell you how you must play the way they think you should.

Plaese just leave me a lone and let me enjoy EnB again....no drama please

i ready need to stop reaDING THE FOURMS..... ;)

Hmmm if this is true well shame on the GM's and a point here to make is that the GM's Smack down on people useing Cheats and Exploits when they are just as bad ifnot worse cos they have to powers to it without useing cheats and Exploits.

................Who's The Hypocrite Now..............

Kahk ;)

I just want to play my low lvl toons 2-3 hours a day and enjoy my beloved game. Pepole will abuse power and others will tell you how you must play the way they think you should.

Plaese just leave me a lone and let me enjoy EnB again....no drama please

QFE

It's free, it's a test, and wipes may occur at any time. As far as I'm concerned, load em up and have fun! Ya want to have some real fun for the ST, give every account a 150 toon of their choosing, then load em up with whatever the heck they want and unlimited ammo if applicable. For me, I know damn well I'd have a blast for an hour or so, but after that, most likely would reserve it for revenge killing only ;)

Kill my little Grumpy JD while parked at a nav? It's on! Feel the wraith of the pissed off big brother! *evil grin inserted here*

the same rumours were probably going around when the game was live.

AFAIK there aren't any 'uber' weapons - I have checks in the game startup for weapons that are outside the level bounds of where they should be and so far nothing.

As to hellbores I have no idea about those, are they a Progen only projectile?

the same rumours were probably going around when the game was live.

AFAIK there aren't any 'uber' weapons - I have checks in the game startup for weapons that are outside the level bounds of where they should be and so far nothing.

As to hellbores I have no idea about those, are they a Progen only projectile?

Hellbores drop from the RD base, and are a ML used by Terrans.

And the RD base was removed from the game for adjustments about 2-3 weeks ago. These are fresh.

I don't know what GM made them, but they were made today and given to two or more players for doing some sort of side-game.

I'm curious as to the reason why a GM would need to be able to generate items in the first place?

Only real reason I could think of is to replace accidentally sold items. In this case having a popup window saying "are you sure you want to sell [name of item]" when you click to sell would be great. For equipment items only btw.

Can someone that knows maybe explain this to us?

they have to make mission items for players that lost them. these mission items sometimes include devices and other equipment. It also gives them the ability to put equipment on their own ships. With these weapons they can kill powerful mobs when they need to help out players in bugged scenarios. Also, something about a GM using level 1 beams just isn't right. It's not intimidating enough.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We DEVs and GMs aren't corrupt, though we have had an issue or two with staff giving out items. I wanted to let you guys know that it is completely against the rules for any staff to give out created items.

"12. A GM will not use the GM account/character to aid fellow players to gain credits, levels, experience, or any items."

In the case of them running an event, they should have talked to other members of the team before they did it. I would hope if the created items exist they will be removed. Any staff member who had involvement will be questioned.