login down?

nut

LOL seems your post is the spam.

--- yet another update (that's 2) and seems to allow logging in. And would NOT have to post if there were valuable posts.. get it... "And quit spamming check server!" is not a valuable post. But it does get your post count up.

Or you could log onto TS and listen to the DEVS explain the issues with the login server and discover that people spamming the check server status constantly was filling up the server login queues, making it impossible for anyone to log in.

but you get a +1 for being arrogant

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Or you could log onto TS and listen to the DEVS explain the issues with the login server and discover that people spamming the check server status constantly was filling up the server login queues, making it impossible for anyone to log in.

but you get a +1 for being arrogant

-1 for being a fanboi and accepting that TS is the proper way to disseminate information to the masses (not to mention your rather arrogant response as well).

Also, if spamming check server was filling up the server login queues, then I submit that the Net7 Launcher was poorly coded as there should be absolutely zero reason for a simple server check to take away a login queue spot. A simple out of process checker can tell you if the process is running, if it's properly bound to the correct tcp ports/ip address, and there should always be some kind of out of process log file that can be checked for status messages without affecting the proper function of the server itself.

-1 for being a fanboi and accepting that TS is the proper way to disseminate information to the masses (not to mention your rather arrogant response as well).

+1 for the -1

There's a whole forum here and somebody wants to tell me that I need to use voice chat to find these things out? Fail.

+1 for the -1

There's a whole forum here and somebody wants to tell me that I need to use voice chat to find these things out? Fail.

/agree

Seems he would rather respond to a simple Hi in chat with a "Use TS as IT is the mode of communication in our guild!" seems to me a Hi in return would take much less effort.. but there is no spell checker so I understand.

TS is the devil, momma told me so. Best way to distribute information is in print as they say. Voice comms just lead to the age old telephone game. What starts as "the server went down, hope to have it back shortly" turns into "OMFG all the devs are being arrested and EA launched nukes at the server, and Tonya Harding broke all the GM's kneecaps!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!"

PS... check out the link for a very nice server status app...

https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/1354-enb-notifier-program/

We should not have to logg on to TS to get some info on stuff.

Jesus that is what we have forums for.

Basicly they can't be bothered with posting info on patches or downtime at all.

Lazy??

Info is power.

Give us some updates on what is going on pls.

Some people only got a few hours a day to play and test.

When they try to log on and server is down and no info.

Instead of sitting and waiting for it to come back up they/we could do something else.

This is the only bad thing i have to say about the Emulator really.

Rest is very nice.

Good job on the game Devs/Gm's.

But pls post something so know what is going on.

Zap out

(ps: yes we know you do it on your free time, and we appreciate it. But that doesn't mean info should be absent)

To be sure you are all aware....

There are a few ways to check if the server is online or not.

-Check the launcher

-Check here: http://www.net-7.org/index.php

-Check TS

-Check here: https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/1435-server-status/ (There are possible updates on the server's status and/or ability to log-in)

No need to have a cow or any bickering amongst ourselves.

Tanku.

• Upvote 1

We should not have to logg on to TS to get some info on stuff.

Jesus that is what we have forums for.

Basicly they can't be bothered with posting info on patches or downtime at all.

Lazy??

Info is power.

Give us some updates on what is going on pls.

Some people only got a few hours a day to play and test.

When they try to log on and server is down and no info.

Instead of sitting and waiting for it to come back up they/we could do something else.

This is the only bad thing i have to say about the Emulator really.

Rest is very nice.

Good job on the game Devs/Gm's.

But pls post something so know what is going on.

Zap out

(ps: yes we know you do it on your free time, and we appreciate it. But that doesn't mean info should be absent)

Whoa!! I really think the line needs to be drawn at calling anyone that volunteers their time in a no-pay role to do this "Lazy".

No pay.

Hello open your eyes and look at what they are getting on people donating.

No pay??

Not pr person no, put hell they are getting money to keep it going.

And yes it is lazy when they don't even bother posting any info on what they are doing.

TS is a no go.

U know why?

Cause people are not on at the same time.

People play from all over the world.

We are not just located in US here.

Hence typing some info on what is going on is a good thing.

And half the people that is on TS don't even know what is going on.

I've asked so many people what is going on in GM/devs,

and none has a clue what is going on.

So again INFO IS POWER.

http://www.net-7.org/index.php ???

no new info on there at all.

Soon as server is down or having issues i check forums and all the sites related to the Emulator.

**And to add to it i have sat up til 3am(gmt) in the morning waiting for someone to pop on to TS. So i could ask what is going on**

*Maybe start to do what all other games do, have a specific downtime day? just a suggestion*

• Downvote 1

This smug sense of self entitlement that some of the user base has is killing the game. The game is PRE-ALPHA! They are trying to get it back to a somewhat valid facsimile of what it was during live.

This smug sense of self entitlement that some of the user base has is killing the game. The game is PRE-ALPHA! They are trying to get it back to a somewhat valid facsimile of what it was during live.

I’m just curious why you feel you have to attack those that don’t agree with you?

TS can’t be the method of communication between the Devs, GMs, betas to the players at large. Case in point (Above post) was the different time zones. I’m pretty sure the bulk of the Devs are scattered all over the globe. Germany, Australia, and the US, so listening to TS 24/7 to get a bit of information is impractical at best, at worst outright dumb.

All anyone asked was a please provide a bit of communication... this would go a long way.

We are all giving our time (and cash) to bring the game back.

If you have been around for a while and followed the donations, the gross take is over 1,000 US per month or +/-12K per year. Granted this is not a lot of money but it does or should (as stated) take any financial burden off any one individual on the Dev team.

Suggestion: If you are in the “know” and can listen to TS 24/7 and get the scoop on why the servers are down, or when they will be back up, or what we need to test and where… How about you start a “Scotty’s Corner” posting daily informing so the rest of us know what you know.

It would be appreciated.

• Downvote 1

I actually agree with zap on his post , and I think the auto-fanboying of some people here not in place.

communication between the developers and player base is very very important .

the devs really did tremendous work , but they are selling a bit short on how important communication with the fan-base is ,

and failing quite a lot on that front , which is so important with a small community like ours.

i dont care if its the first QA dude , or a pre alpha . when you open your server to people , you have the responsibility for them .

people invest a lot of time in online game , and keeping people informed cost very little time and no money . and you would be surprised of how patience people will be

if they wont be kept in the dark .

we have lost quite a few people from ST3 -> st4 , and the game is only becoming better .

but when there is a problem and you have no easy to get information on what it is , and what to do with it , none tech people will get discouraged , and i lost two people i know personally because of it .

and if people think that we dont need everyone in this really wonderful community to make it work and survive against really giant competition , i cannot help you .

playing enb with only a few ships out there ... is not fun and very sad . I remember sundown .

couple of points i would hope to get improved.

on the launcher / front page :

1) on server offline , reason (scheadule / crush) estimation . as soon as possiable even , a simple post yes server is down we looking into it would be good.

2) easy access for current troubles and solutions (login cert stuff / win7 not launching game / dns problem in the past - not everyone who plays is a techi , and this forum is not easy to look for those solutions )

3) bugs - known issues / whats been looked at . some notification that your submitted bug was noticed .

4) applications - well ... at least a response of some sort would be nice .

oh well , sorry for the rent .

i only writing this down because i wish this project to success .

i know this is a free project , but i expect better community connection because of it , not worsen .

thanks for reading ,

haflo.

It's not so much an attack against people that disagree with what I believe in, its a lack of respect shown to the DEV / GM community that volunteers and puts in a lot of hard work to try to make this project bear fruit, and they have nothing to show for it but a bunch of irate fans who can do nothing but find flaws and complain all day. I'm talking about the threads titled "who gave mobs 7k beam range? GOOD JOB DEVS!"

All anyone asked was a please provide a bit of communication... this would go a long way.

More like rudely demanding, but now we're just splitting hairs.

Suggestion:How about you start a “Scotty’s Corner” posting daily informing so the rest of us know what you know.

As much as I would like to start something like that with DEV approval I doubt it would go to me. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to be on TS 24/7, the Air Force owns my ass from 6:45-3:15 Tues-Sat, and any time in between. If DEVS would like to start a public changelog I would be more than willing to help spearhead it.

It's not so much an attack against people that disagree with what I believe in, its a lack of respect shown to the DEV / GM community that volunteers and puts in a lot of hard work to try to make this project bear fruit, and they have nothing to show for it but a bunch of irate fans who can do nothing but find flaws and complain all day. I'm talking about the threads titled "who gave mobs 7k beam range? GOOD JOB DEVS!"

Agree the irate posts are indeed upsetting. But the complete lack of communication is more frustration than anything. I can’t tell you how many times I have tried to log in (seeing multiple users in game) only to find some change or other has been made that prevents me from getting in.

If you look through the posts you will find that the work-arounds for login issues (less Slayerman’s posts on registration) have most, if not all come from the users. That being stated, it sort of enforces that we are NOT all just rude whiners, but interested in seeing the game prosper. And help others get in game.

Posting how you got on, when others can’t, is not “spamming” it is the community using the best way of sharing information to help.

But when the server goes down it seems that a quick post from whomever (powers that be), saying something as simple as:

This is a planned down time, we hope to have the servers back in x min. or hours or even days.

This was a crash, we are working on getting it resolved as soon as possible.

Boiled down:

Crash or Planned would give a ton more information than we currently get, from the “Server is up” or the “Server is down” applications or posts on all but this the main site.

back to topic:

i got the inv-300 error too, and multiple login tries didnt do the trick either.

i reinstalled the certs ^^ and then activated the "local cert" button in the N7 launcher. no problem login in.

hopes it helps somebody.

As much as I would like to start something like that with DEV approval I doubt it would go to me. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to be on TS 24/7, the Air Force owns my ass from 6:45-3:15 Tues-Sat, and any time in between. If DEVS would like to start a public changelog I would be more than willing to help spearhead it.

Man u don't see it do u.

Iff games Like Wow didn't give information do u think people would stay??

Don't think so.

As stated before people leave games that they don't get any information in.

And no my post is not in lack of respect for devs, but im not gonna lick arse and be a Fan boy to the fingertips.

Critisism is also a good thing, need to take on good and bad stuff.

Devs/Gms are doing a good job, just saying that they could post some information from time to time.

-Check the launcher *not an update there since what december 09*

-Check here: http://www.net-7.org/index.php *not any news on there at all*

-Check TS *as stated different times zones. can't be on 24/7*

-Check here: https://enb-emulator....-server-status/ (There are possible updates on the server's status and/or ability to log-in)

now info like this helps people:

Rhoedell

back to topic:

i got the inv-300 error too, and multiple login tries didnt do the trick either.

i reinstalled the certs ^^ and then activated the "local cert" button in the N7 launcher. no problem login in.

hopes it helps somebody.

+5 by the way for being in the Air Force. Thanks much!

ahhhhhhh this makes me sad. I got it to work just right for about an hour...Now I am trying to log back in and it cant recognize my login information. Wont let me access my account. I can access it fine here on the forums and the portal though.

The server is failing at this time. This most recent crash, the server was sending corrupted packets "Improper packet formatting on line 7" and actually crashed my machine this time. Reinstalled and am getting "unable to validate" or "connecting to server" again. Number online is falling fast. Maybe we can play tomorrow or next friday or something :P

not to be to picky but FYI it hass been 3 hours i still cannot log in and all the indicators you have links to say the server is up, it not a good way to see if the login proses is working just but i have noticed the nomber of plays has gone form 185 to less then 128 and normaly at this time is about 200 or more.

still not a good indicator.

this is just an idea

we need some type of line that says when (IE : time yyyy/mm/dd and HH:mm:ss ) the last user logged in

on either the net-7 page or the launcher that way we an indication that people are not getting on.

which would be better.

This way no one has to constantly look at the server to see if it is locked up or

connects are being rejected.....

To be sure you are all aware....

There are a few ways to check if the server is online or not.

-Check the launcher

-Check here: http://www.net-7.org/index.php

-Check TS

-Check here: https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/1435-server-status/ (There are possible updates on the server's status and/or ability to log-in)

No need to have a cow or any bickering amongst ourselves.

Tanku.