Planned Server Reboot... a little announcement might be helpful

seekeronos

At or near 8:10pm EST, a Dev comes on and announces "Reloading sector mobs..." and I promptly get disconnected.

Now the proxy client (the Net-7 starter/bootstrap program)says the play server is down.

Now I totally don't mind server outtages and restarts.... its all part of the ST.

But a little announcement such as "Restarting server in 5 minutes" or "Bringing down server for maintenance in5 minutes" wouldbe plenty of notice for us to finish up at crafting stations, mission dialogues, killing mobs etc. so we can safely log off.

Just sayin'... because with my luck that makes Murphy's Law look like a dream scenario, my mission that I was trying to complete a dialogue with the NPC will probably be borked nine ways to Sunday when the server comes back up. :)

At or near 8:10pm EST, a Dev comes on and announces "Reloading sector mobs..." and I promptly get disconnected.

Now the proxy client (the Net-7 starter/bootstrap program)says the play server is down.

Now I totally don't mind server outtages and restarts.... its all part of the ST.

But a little announcement such as "Restarting server in 5 minutes" or "Bringing down server for maintenance in5 minutes" wouldbe plenty of notice for us to finish up at crafting stations, mission dialogues, killing mobs etc. so we can safely log off.

Just sayin'... because with my luck that makes Murphy's Law look like a dream scenario, my mission that I was trying to complete a dialogue with the NPC will probably be borked nine ways to Sunday when the server comes back up. :)

I believe it was not intentional. That is a common command on the DEV server, in order to see the changes you just made.

It probably was an accidental booboo, not planned at all.

Nobody here but us humans...

TooTall

Hey Guys,

This is an issues that happends from time to time. When a sector is reset it can crash the server. Its not a server restart.

Thanks,

David

Yup, it was an accident guys. Apologies, it's up and ready to play.