Is aggro glitched currently?

Granted it's been at least two years since I was last playing this game so maybe they upped the difficulty in that time.  Presently though aggro seems a lot different than I remember, making combat a bit rough.  I'm pulling mobs from all over the place no matter where I go, also seems like signature is not working as even on my JE who has .3 sig if I decloak mobs will come from 10k away to attack me.  Hunting areas I used to solo on my PW pretty easily I'm having to run away after a bit now.  

Were there changes to game difficulty or is it just in my head?

Well we certainly haven't done much to change any such behaviors at a program level; it could be that some mob spawn placements performed in that period have larger signatures than expected, but shouldn't be really. Most of the folks that develop content have been doing it for a long time and are generally familiar with how to set it up, so if anything it'd be some kind of bug with the signature not working as expected but would expect other reports of such too.

I think it's your sig plus the mobs scan range.  If the mobs have a 5k scan range, and you have a 0.3 sig then they should spot you from 5.3k away.  If a mob spotted your JE from 10k away, then that mobs scan range must be quite high and may need to be looked at.