hangs after todays patch

same problem here...running windows 7 ran client update 52 and get booted to desktop after inputing password. If anyone knows a fix let me know

Having the same problem as you.

I was able to login once after the update, same OS, and then I haven't been able to get in since...after username/password entry it just crashes to the desktop.

I to am having the same problem.

Hit enter on password and crash straight to desktop. Consistant problem, has yet to log in.

System was working fine before update.

(windows 7, firewall disabled, known good router)

--Oozr

yes packet optimization won't work for everyone - that's why it's on a checkbox (it's dependent on your ISP, and to a lesser extent your PC setup). That and the 'local cert' option are the ones to play around with if you can't get logged in. There aren't any gameplay consequences for choosing either, although with the packet opt you will have a noticeably smoother experience with vendors, and sector changes will be quicker.

The local cert option only affects how the server authenticates your login, so if you get into the game it's no longer affecting anything. Again, local cert won't work on all PC's.

Before the patch, Packet Opt and Local Cert were both checked and I was able to play fine.

After the patch, it doesn't matter what combination of options I check and uncheck, it kicks me out after putting in my username and password.

The last lines in the CMD prompt say:

Received Avatar List.

TCP Connection on port 3805 was reset.

Greetings, a friend just turned me on to this project yesterday. After getting everything installed and configured, I'm receiving the same error.

After entering my Username and Password, I press enter, the client closes leaving the terminal window:

login.jpg

I'm running 32-bit Vista Ultimate if that helps.

yes packet optimization won't work for everyone - that's why it's on a checkbox (it's dependent on your ISP, and to a lesser extent your PC setup). That and the 'local cert' option are the ones to play around with if you can't get logged in. There aren't any gameplay consequences for choosing either, although with the packet opt you will have a noticeably smoother experience with vendors, and sector changes will be quicker.

The local cert option only affects how the server authenticates your login, so if you get into the game it's no longer affecting anything. Again, local cert won't work on all PC's.

So thats why my vendors take forever to load. I keep think its a failure xD

I'm also affected by this patch and can't get to my avatar screen - get kicked out after enetering my password. I'm using Vista 64 (yeah I know I probably deserve it for that reason alone). Have tried running it in Win 2K and WinXP compatibility modes and have also tried all the variations on packet opt and local certs to no avail....

EDIT - just fixed it!

Just traced the client.exe through task manager... It's located in the release folder of e&b - changed the compatibility mode to XP and seems to work :)

After reading the above messages about people saying it worked on their XP machine but not on their Vista/7 boxes, and then Perplexed's reply...I tried it on my Windows 7.

It does indeed let me play if I set the "Client.exe" to compatibility for XP on.

If I turn it back off, it doesn't let me in.

So this seems to be the issue for now....hopefully in future releases they'll remember us that are using Win7/Vista so these issues won't happen again.

Thanks for the hard work though everyone, only got to play it for about 5 hours yesterday...and it's a good game for sure!

thanks for all the help , i had the same trouble on my windows 7 , and got through it thanks to the replys here

i am not gonna tell much new here , but just compile it to a simple solution that worked for me.

i am using default game folder for simplicty

to fix the crush after login on a win7/vista machine.

change the compatibility mode of the original game file :

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe

right click , propertys , compatibility type , select compatibility mode and select winxp service pack 3.

run C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG as admin , and save your settings .

run net-7 as usually and log in !

-------------------------

if game did not load -

run net-7 as admin , and do force update.

after that

run C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG as admin .

if game still do not run after net-7 is up just use directly

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client

after the proxy has connected.

hope it helps ,

haflo