Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt

Kyp

16 hours ago, markemt said:

We have not had an update in 2 weeks..... I think this speak volumes of what these people think about us. 2 weeks.  Totally unacceptable.

Bruh. I'm gonna come out and say: "You're dead wrong." As has been said repeatedly: The people keeping the game running are not some massive corporation with a dedicated engineering/developer team numbering in the dozens or hundreds.

These are people who loved EnB a lot. These are people that have jobs and lives outside of EnB that have to take priority so that they can KEEP doing this. Have patience.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I can understand both sides of this debate.  I for one, am disabled and games like EnB are the major entertainment for some of us that cannot work.  For some, the pain is real.  We all need to take a breathe and remember that it will be back up sooner than later and the voluntaries doing all this work for us are doing the best they can.  I think we have an awesome and passionate community here and that's a good thing.  Thank you for the updates and I think once a week is plenty enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyp said:

Don't worry guys, we aren't upset. Just direct communication as asked.

Keep up the amazing work and take your time to get it done right (and also to keep your sanity). This stuff is not easy especially when it's this huge of a process with the very limited staffing/hours you guys have. When it's back up it's back up and that will be a great day for all of us to enjoy a game we all love and hold in a special place in our hearts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brett said:

i went to log in started the update pn net 7  patch but fails  and doesnt respond crashes  server failed to respond  to lgin attempt does tht mean all my ships data is gone ?

Server is down and in process of being rebuilt  stand by for further info from devs as to when it will be back online,  the server site had a major attack that took us down  

12 minutes ago, Woodstock HGM said:

Server is down and in process of being rebuilt  stand by for further info from devs as to when it will be back online,  the server site had a major attack that took us down  

ah ok   thanks

Kyp,

Because you have to be diplomatic, I'll say what you're most likely thinking......

A few people on here need to find other shit to do while this gets sorted.  If you're checking the launcher 4/5 times a day....you need a life FFS.  If you're getting the shakes because you can't play EnB....seek counseling.  If you can't have the patience to wait, maybe you should re-evaluate your life.  Not everything can be instant, on-demand, right now!  This isn't a drive through, internet speed test, or an online order with shipment confirmation in .02ms.  I swear some of you are like a toddler who can't get their way.  Deal with it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Feurix said:

Kyp,

Because you have to be diplomatic, I'll say what you're most likely thinking......

A few people on here need to find other shit to do while this gets sorted.  If you're checking the launcher 4/5 times a day....you need a life FFS.  If you're getting the shakes because you can't play EnB....seek counseling.  If you can't have the patience to wait, maybe you should re-evaluate your life.  Not everything can be instant, on-demand, right now!  This isn't a drive through, internet speed test, or an online order with shipment confirmation in .02ms.  I swear some of you are like a toddler who can't get their way.  Deal with it!

if i was able to upvote this, i would a billion times. enb is a lovely game but its a privilege it even still exists for us to play and we need to be grateful these lovely people take time out of their lives to work on it for us and are taking the time to do good work, and have done so for a very long time 🙂

• Like 2

To Kyp and everyone helping you,

Sorry to hear about the attack, I just checked this and saw the message when I tried to get on to see it was offline :( but glad to hear you recovered the DB's. Can't wait to hop back on when yaw get it all sorted out. Until then, hope you guys get it all figured out and will be awaiting the games return! Keep up all the amazing work yaw do to keep this game in our lives. For all the whiners, there's plenty of games out there to play, go play some. I just started hogwarts and it's pretty dope so far.

My EnB itch came back and I return to find the game has gone boom.  Thank you everyone who spends their free time to work on this for the rest of us to be able to enjoy! I hope the servers are back up and running soon.   

I am a programmer with over 10 years experience if there is anything I can do to help (Mostly C#/.Net, but also some python and php)

I can just say, thank you so much for sacrificing your free-time to fix these issues and bringing back this game after all. I know how it feels working like 10+ hours per day and then having to sort out other things once you get home. I wouldn't have the patience digging into technical topics like this at the moment, so I have huge respect for that. I personally can just say that I am of course also eager to play again, but this wait-time increases the value of this game for me once again. You don't always realize what you have until it's gone 🙂

• Upvote 2

Evening all.

Thank you for working to get this back up. I am grateful for your time and talents.  I dare say we all are. we have zero right to require or demand updates. you are appreciated, very much.

again thank you!

Man can't wait till everything is running again, hope it all goes smoothly from now on.

Just found out about this game and I'd like to try it out before I die (hyperbole, I'm fine).

Thanks for making such a project possible!

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone, Trickster here. I'm going on a little rant here, about what I feel when it comes to the game, and the community around it... but first, who am I?

I played when it was live, not awfully much, I do have a life IRL, but I loved the way the game was structured... no PVP, all working together against a known foe, space, mining, all the good stuff. And then it ended, too soon, if the amount of players online, playing the game, when the plug was pulled is any indication.

So that's very little about me, what about the devs, and other people, that JUST WOULDN'T WANT TO LET THE GAME GO TO THE GRAVE... that tirelessly work with the code, against the costs trying to keep it up for all of us?

We like playing the game, actually very much so, but when a group tries their hardest to do this, we see often this line "if you like what we do, and like playing the game, pls donate to help us continue giving you this great experience". Then most of us, suddenly goes blind, or thinking, when others donate I will too, or something to that effect.

Or, we see the small devoted fanbase, donating an arm and a leg, and we think, I cannot do those amounts, others seems to think that ONLY a few dollars, will not be enough. But strangely enough, when the game was live, we happily payed the subscription fees. And they were much higher.

Donations isn't about a happy FEW giving all they have, it never works like that, but instead plenty of us donating perhaps, 1 or 2 dollars (after fees), and then.... these fine wonderful people, that tirelessly giving their time to this community, wouldn't have any problems keeping the servers up, keeping the security updated (so evil people throwing ransomware cannot get at it), keeping the hardware working and up, for ALL OF US to enjoy, and they would love doing this, because they would see our caring response back to them. So, pls, don't be that person that finally gets it, when the servers have gone quiet, and the caring devs have moved on. Pls help us by donating, even a small amount helps, and we all can have this experience for maybe years to come. I at least hope so.

So, to all you devs and others who, behind the scenes pulling your hair, to get it up, and I hope I speak for the whole community, WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE what you do, so pls, take your time, do it right... we will be here when it's up again... I will anyway. 

Thx to all for listening, and have an absolutely fantastic day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeesh. Just decided to swing by - sorry to see you guys going through this. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Is the donation funnel functional?

EDIT: Yes. It is. If you have the means, this is a great reminder to help out your friendly neighborhood emulator project!

Edited by C Del
  • Upvote 1

I want to see this game continue well into the future, and I will help out if I can in any way.

Being negative and a doom and gloom commenter DOES NOT promote good feelings.. Sure you may think/feel a certain way don't bring everyone else down or get them depressed by saying things like that..

I support the DEVS, GMS, and Anyone else who is behind the scenes who takes the time out of their day.

I wouldn't blame them if they take a time off for themselves instead of spending every waking moment repairing the game. they aren't paid. they don't owe us anything,

THE LEAST we can do is support them. they aren't robots but people like you and I with their own lives.

KYP, since you seem like the Spokesperson for the group how can we assist in this rebuilding.

I am thankful that the team is still trying to restore the game and hope they can get it running again. It does say a lot about their commitment that they are even trying all these years after Sunset. I know it is frustrating that it has been down so long but it is free to play so they they are doing it as a hobby for their love of the game not because it is their job.  I would like to express my gratitude to those taking the time out of their lives when they can to keep it going. Again, thank you.

• Upvote 1

• Kyp changed the title to Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt
  • Woodstock HGM locked this topic