Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt

Kyp

Mieux --- Not on wifi, wired now.

Jursy77 --- Only windows defender, no other anti-virus software.

Thanks guys, Keep the idea's coming, I appreciate them all.

Cheers.

:)

***Edit***

Jursy77 ---- I took your advice about the Anti-virus.

I have disabled both Firewall and Anti-virus(real time tracking).

I seem to be able to travel a lot less painfully now.

Its obviously something on my end. But for now its a lot better.

cheers

***Edit 2 ***

I spoke too soon. Same issues.

:(

Edited by crighton
Update

may need a server reset to see if the crashing gets better because right now at times i can't even make it thru three gates or a WH other than that everything seems fine but the crash or hanging up is a problem right now...

Cider1 --- You may be right, because today is unbearable.

I can barely dock or leave a station or change area's. Its taking like an hour to go to Slayton from OMP, and then another hour to gate back.

I just read through tempest's 2013 post about gating problems, and followed his instructions.

Made no difference.

Its weird, because sometimes its just 1 in 3 attempts, but now its like 1 in 10 or more attempts.

It wouldn't be so bad if I logged back in where I was trying to gate from, but half the time its like the middle of the map, and I get killed before I can warp away in time.

The other half I end end up back at the opposite end of the map and have to travel back to attempt it again.

😕

Very discouraging.

But I keep my fingers crossed that one day this issue is fixed.

For now I'll keep trying

56 minutes ago, ghent96 said:

A reinstall will not work. Save your time. INV-300 is back.

I just had it

This fixes inv-300

Go into Control Panel, Internet Options, Advanced tab,  scroll down to Security and uncheck Check for server certificate revocation. Click apply.  Start the game.   Go back and turn on the Check and apply again so your regular browsing stays safe.   You will need to do this to start the game until the cert is fixed.

It worked for me

59 minutes ago, ghent96 said:

A reinstall will not work. Save your time. INV-300 is back.

This fixes it

Go into Control Panel, Internet Options, Advanced tab,  scroll down to Security and uncheck Check for server certificate revocation. Click apply.  Start the game.   Go back and turn on the Check and apply again so your regular browsing stays safe.   You will need to do this to start the game until the cert is fixed.

It worked for me

Edited by Markemt
  • Like 1

Thanks Markemt - deselecting "Check for server certificate revocation" worked for me too.

I was a little puzzled by the situation, as logins were failing on my Win10 computer, but on an old Win7 box I rarely use for ENB, logins worked fine. After doing your workaround and getting logged in on my Win10 machine, I looked at the settings on the Win7 PC and found the "Check for server certificate revocation" box IS ticked/checked — and logins were working without a hiccup.

So this login issue seems to not affect ENB on Win7, but does affect ENB running on Win10 (and presumably Win11 too). Maybe these more modern O/Ses have tighter security..

Just my 2 cents, in case anyone with Win7 is saying "what are they all talking about?!"

Edited by Winlander
  • Like 1

Morning!

Sorry, wasn't checking this thread lately (hm...i should get notifyer mails...hmmmm).

Ok, i take care about the INV-300 and will restart the server anyway (OS patches).

Since i cannot give a pre-warning (not able to log in now), i will shutdown the server the hard way...sorry for that !

On 5/16/2023 at 11:06 AM, Winlander said:

Thanks Markemt - deselecting "Check for server certificate revocation" worked for me too.

I was a little puzzled by the situation, as logins were failing on my Win10 computer, but on an old Win7 box I rarely use for ENB, logins worked fine. After doing your workaround and getting logged in on my Win10 machine, I looked at the settings on the Win7 PC and found the "Check for server certificate revocation" box IS ticked/checked — and logins were working without a hiccup.

So this login issue seems to not affect ENB on Win7, but does affect ENB running on Win10 (and presumably Win11 too). Maybe these more modern O/Ses have tighter security..

Just my 2 cents, in case anyone with Win7 is saying "what are they all talking about?!"

This has to do with older certificate authorization mechanisms. Modern OS require a bit more. So really this is on us for a cert going back. We're still trying to get everything back in place and fully automatic of course in terms of the day to day, as time permits of course. 

While you *can* do this to get in, we strongly recommend that you restore the setting as soon as possible, bad guys out on the internet could take advantage of this and get certificates on your machine that do Bad Things™ to you.

*edit*
Just to clarify what this is doing for those less technical, typically a certificate proves a target computer is who it says it is and why one is all but required with most sites these days (ever notice how most jump to https:// and give you a warning up front if they aren't?). What you do by unchecking this is tell your operating system not to bother reading the CRL (certificate revocation list) which is published by Microsoft and/or other vendors and basically lets your computer know that a particular certificate with a given thumbprint has been marked revoked or has expired rendering it invalid. Without this revocation check, someone could slip you a script to redirect your browser for example when you went to google and actually land at a fake google page where you wouldn't know the difference and could steal your credentials when you log in.

Edited by Kyp
To add explanation about what the setting is doing under the hood.

Guest Sparksvonrou

Forgive me for hijacking this thread.

I am unable to access the game because no matter what I have tried; deleting, reinstalling, deleting... etc.

I get the error flag saying that my net7proxy.exe is incorrect version. I tried deleting just that file and I can not get it to update it. It then says that file is missing and crashes. Help would be greatly appreciated because, well it has been a long time with an empty ship !!

Guest Jodian

Really hoping this wakes people up to the reality of having "all your eggs in one basket"...  Other development teams (Star Wars Galaxies & City of Heroes) have gone public with their code while still operating their own projects.  Why haven't you guys?  On your end, you might actually get more help.  On our end, it ensures if your "entertainment service" suddenly vanishes one day that the game won't again be lost to history.  It's a win-win scenario.

I'm afraid I have to agree with jodian.

I've just spent the last hour trying to Enter Dahin from Kailaasa.

I'm starting to loose faith. 

I know everything takes time, But now I'm getting higher in levels, its increasingly more difficult to complete missions.

Even Jobs require leaving sectors, so they're out of the question for now.

I really hope we can come up with a solution.

Cheers

PS.....

I forgot to mention(well every time I forget)

Wormholes are fine. I never seem to hang from a WH.

Edited by crighton

Good morning, all,

Just as a data point, I've had no trouble since the bad lag a week or so ago was resolved.  The cert problem never emerged for me and no trouble going from place to place.  I'm on Windows 10 up-to-date, on a Dell G-3 laptop.  Of course I've only just started my third toon, none of which are much past beginner quests, so maybe it's to do with that. 

This is not to downplay the seriousness of the issues Crighton and others are having, just informing that it's not everybody.  Or at least, not me ... at least not yet.  😕   Best of luck with all of it!

Hsien (pronounced Shen)

Edited by Hsien
a second thought

I have flown gm and non gm toons through Kail several times recently while doing the seeking the key missions for the Mazzaroth and Mondara keys  I also had no problems on either my win10 or my win11 machines.  You might need to set your A/V and Firewall to set both Net-7 and EnB Clients to be allowed without questioning 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 1:10 PM, Tashazar said:

Im so happy that nobody said the word   Wipe .

I would LOVE to see a player wipe. Or at least a second instance hosted. I'll even donate a server to run a clean DB on.

9 hours ago, Mashimara said:

I would LOVE to see a player wipe. Or at least a second instance hosted. I'll even donate a server to run a clean DB on.

Maybe one day if we had the time to do more balancing of the economy, as it is due to some past happenstances it got sorta wild.